Changes vs St.Kilda, Friday 7:50pm @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Outs: Brown, Witts
Ins: Karnsesis, Armstrong
homerbushes.gif

Keeffe back into the backline, Williams into the middle, Karney into the forward line.

We need pace and pressure in the middle, Keffe returning frees Williams for a gallop in the middle and Karney to provide another genuine threat up forward.

Jamie needs to play forward, drifting mid and Faz needs to be forward.

We simply have to make teams respect our threats, that doesn't mean loading up the backline - it means forcing teams to battle with us up the ground instead of exposing our weakened back 6.

In
If any week is a good one to try White as back-up ruck then it might be next week.

Give one of the ruckman a rest, let White support the remaining ruck, and bring in Karnezis to resurrect our putrid forward line.
at case give Grundy a rest. He needs to be protected a bit and has looked very tired in the last two games.

Sadly (and predictably) Brown is injured again. Back you come Keefey. That's my only change

I watched with interest the debate and mostly derision about the posters calling for Cloke to have a rest in the reserves this week. After watching him do nothing again this arvo, I wouldn't be too bothered if the selection committee gave him a rest....

And for all you Goldsack and Blair haters, please give it a rest this weekend and for Goldsack give it a rest for a few weeks at least. Both guys were huge today (figuratively speaking :) )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out - Witts, Brown, Fasolo, Macaffer
In's - Adams, Karnezis, Keeffe, Kennedy

I think we should drop the tagger this week & concentrate on getting our best midfielders at the contest together.
Bring in Adams & Kennedy who can add some grunt & some speed.

Out: Brown, Witts/Grundy, Frost?
In: Keeffe, Karnezis, Thomas?

B: Williams, Keeffe, Fasolo
HB: Toovey, Maxwell, Langdon
C: Lumumba, Swan, Sidebottom
R: Grundy, Pendlebury, Beams
HF: Elliot, Cloke, Blair
F: Goldsack, Karnezis, White

Int: Ball, Macaffer, Young
Sub: Thomas

If any week is a good one to try White as back-up ruck then it might be next week.

Give one of the ruckman a rest, let White support the remaining ruck, and bring in Karnezis to resurrect our putrid forward line.

Despite the ineffectiveness of our tall forwards at the moment, our forward line was actually pretty efficient.

Despite not really having a convincing win, it's hard to actually see anyone being left out for next week, other than Brown who will come out injured for Keeffe.

I'm not too sure how our midfielders went in the VFL but it's a good opportunity to add in Karnezis at someone's expense, just to see how the extra taller forward fits into the team before Reid becomes available. May as well try it out against a potential wooden spoon team.

Despite the ineffectiveness of our tall forwards at the moment, our forward line was actually pretty efficient.
By what measure do you say our forward line was efficient? Most of our goals came from the smalls (Blair, Beams, Elliott were the 3 leading goal kickers) and in general play rather than having decent leading and marking targets.

Cloke is woefully out of form, but I think he stays in for structure and because we have nobody to come in to replace him at least until Reid is healthy.

Karnezis comes in to provide another target when bringing the ball forward and the guy can actually kick straight. White to play as back-up ruck, Grundy out for a week's rest.

I hesitate, and hesitate markedly to contemplate it but. . . .

I'm remembering a few years back when Cloke was out for quite a few weeks, we actually had the most amazing spread of goalkickers - usually over 9 per game.

I'm loathe to kick the big bloke back to the ressies but his form and attitude have become so blatantly poor that teams simply aren't respecting our forward line and loading up in the middle.

It would require a massive restructuring but it could work, I still don't want us to do it but there you go that's how poor an image he is giving opposing coaches.

Out - Anyone who is injured and Cloke
In - I don't care but Cloke must be dropped. At what point do we stop saying he will come good. He is not providing anything so whoever comes in can't be any worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs St.Kilda, Friday 7:50pm @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back