Changes vs St.Kilda, Friday 7:50pm @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

What's this Blair incident?

He gave Brown a jab to the short rib behind play when Brown was blocking his run to defend the kick in. Brown pulled a heart string (or it was worse than it looked) and went off the ground. Blair scored from the resulting kick in with Brown still gasping on the ground. Didn't seem much in it but it'll be looked at.

I really think we need to bring in both JT and Adams this week. We need to get some grunt midfielders in there to compliment Pendlebury and Swan. As much as I hate to say it but Ball is looking really lost out there and is getting burnt in the middle. I love some of his effort tonight but he has been a big part of the problem with our midfield getting killed on the inside this year. We need to redress this and unfortunately I think it means Ball goes back to the magoos for fresh faces and fresh bodies in there.

In: Karnezis play Goldy down back and Witts as a crumbing forward! :)

desperately hoping frosty is all right to play next week.... we need him to take Riewoldt. Not confident Keefe could do the job.

OUT: N.Brown, J.Frost, B.Grundy/J.Witts(hear me out)
IN: L.Keefe, P.Karnezis, J.Thomas/K.Martin

B: A.Toovey, T.Goldsack, N.Maxwell
HB: M.Williams, L.Keefe, T.Langdon
C: H.Lumumba, S.Pendlebury, S.Sidebottom
HF: D.Swan, J.White, J.Elliott
F: J.Blair, T.Cloke, P.Karnezis
R: B.Grundy, D.Beams, B.Macaffer
I: C.Young, L.Ball, J.Thomas/K.Martin
S: A.Fasolo

I think this is a game to test out playing the one ruck, which i think will be pretty important in determining where Reid will be played. It will also serve as an opportunity to use a more mobile forward line with Karnezis in there for Witts/Grundy.

I know we only had the bye, but these are 2 young lads who we should not burn out. Lets give one of them the week off.

desperately hoping frosty is all right to play next week.... we need him to take Riewoldt. Not confident Keefe could do the job.

OUT: N.Brown, J.Frost, B.Grundy/J.Witts(hear me out)
IN: L.Keefe, P.Karnezis, J.Thomas/K.Martin

B: A.Toovey, T.Goldsack, N.Maxwell
HB: M.Williams, L.Keefe, T.Langdon
C: H.Lumumba, S.Pendlebury, S.Sidebottom
HF: D.Swan, J.White, J.Elliott
F: J.Blair, T.Cloke, P.Karnezis
R: B.Grundy, D.Beams, B.Macaffer
I: C.Young, L.Ball, J.Thomas/K.Martin
S: A.Fasolo

I think this is a game to test out playing the one ruck, which i think will be pretty important in determining where Reid will be played. It will also serve as an opportunity to use a more mobile forward line with Karnezis in there for Witts/Grundy.

I know we only had the bye, but these are 2 young lads who we should not burn out. Lets give one of them the week off.
k-martin can't come in. He is on the rookie list. Geez I would love to see him get a go though. Have heard some people who go the the VFL games say he does need to work on his defensive skills a bit.

Out: Brown, one of Witts or Grundy.
In: Keeffe, Karnezis.

I'll admit the thought of dropping Cloke has crossed my mind, but if there's any chance of playing himself back into form whilst in the seniors then it will be against the weaker sides like St Kilda, Melbourne and GWS.
Give one of our young rucks a rest. They have performed admirably, but they will need resting, and once again, the time to do this is against weaker sides. Also, White was ok in the ruck today, and putting him in the middle more often will help him stay in the game imo.
Bringing in Karnezis for a ruck will also help to make our forward line more potent.
Keeffe for Brown is a no brainer.

Adams and Thomas could also put up a good case for replacing Ball. Broomhead and Dwyer will be knocking the door down too.

k-martin can't come in. He is on the rookie list. Geez I would love to see him get a go though. Have heard some people who go the the VFL games say he does need to work on his defensive skills a bit.
K-Mart could easily be elevated this week if Brown needs surgery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cannot take anyone that says Armstrong should get a game seriously.
Have you watched him at VFL the past 2 weeks?

I don't think he should get a game, but the "Armstrong is shit" is getting tiresome from those who are ignorant.

I don't think he should get a game, but the "Armstrong is shit" is getting tiresome from those who are ignorant.

He is shit.

Saying how bad Geelong is letting him kick 2 Goals

I really think we need to bring in both JT and Adams this week. We need to get some grunt midfielders in there to compliment Pendlebury and Swan. As much as I hate to say it but Ball is looking really lost out there and is getting burnt in the middle. I love some of his effort tonight but he has been a big part of the problem with our midfield getting killed on the inside this year. We need to redress this and unfortunately I think it means Ball goes back to the magoos for fresh faces and fresh bodies in there.

I saw Marley Williams in some center bounces this game and i thought he did alright in giving us some grunt.

For me Karnezis comes in for Witts and White plays backup ruck.

The other change is Keeffe for Brown.

If Blair is suspended then I think Adams will get a run, with JT, Kennedy and Broomhead a chance too.

The other outside chance would be Martin if Brown gets put on the LTI.
Karnezis as the CHF/FF?

I think he'll get absolutely monstered. Would use him as a 3rd tall.

'Shit' is probably too strong. He has been decent up forward, but I wouldn't have him anywhere near the class of any other potential small forwards we could use in the seniors.
Down back? Well, I'd describe him as well below AFL standard. He seems to have little confidence in his supposedly elite kicking skills and is unwilling to take any risks. Any possession he gets in defence inevitably ends up being chipped sideways to a free man who is actually willing to take the game on and drive the ball down the field.
I can see why some call him shit though, as it's pretty unlikely that he will ever warrant senior selection, or even be on our list next year.

'Shit' is probably too strong. He has been decent up forward, but I wouldn't have him anywhere near the class of any other potential small forwards we could use in the seniors.
Down back? Well, I'd describe him as well below AFL standard. He seems to have little confidence in his supposedly elite kicking skills and is unwilling to take any risks. Any possession he gets in defence inevitably ends up being chipped sideways to a free man who is actually willing to take the game on and drive the ball down the field.
I can see why some call him shit though, as it's pretty unlikely that he will ever warrant senior selection, or even be on our list next year.
I haven't watched him down back. I've attended the last 2 VFL games so I'll go off that.

Is he pushing for senior selection? Probably not. Would I delist him based off his last 2 games? No.

Too early of a call to say he's "shit" or "unlikely that he will ever warrant senior selection".

People are too quick to pull out the knives.

Did I call him shit? No, so stop putting words in my mouth. Armstrong is not a player who is up to AFL standards, that is plain and simple.

Karnezis as the CHF/FF?

I think he'll get absolutely monstered. Would use him as a 3rd tall.
I think that's the idea. Cloke and White as the two talls, Karnezis as the third. White will only ruck maybe 30% of the game and Grundy can rest forward in his place. It's certainly a forward set up that deserves consideration.

Did I call him shit? No, so stop putting words in my mouth. Armstrong is not a player who is up to AFL standards, that is plain and simple.

I don't think he should get a game, but the "Armstrong is not a player who is up to AFL standards" is getting tiresome from those who are ignorant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs St.Kilda, Friday 7:50pm @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back