Changes vs St.Kilda, Friday 7:50pm @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

That what I been trying to say, Last 2 games Adams’s Kicking has looked to Improve.

Adams has said in a Interview that he is working on his Kicking a lot:thumbsu:

Last 1 game Dave.

No excuses for Adams, this is his big chance, imagine he has to start with Ball out. He will be in his prime position so lets see what he can really do. Lets hope he keeps Ball out a while for the good of the side.

Selection committee being rather conservative for my liking but guess you have to reward a brave team effort like last week and most of the fringe players performed.

Any new Reid updates? I hope he's not this year's Beams from last year... Crucial we get him back ASAP with Brown down.

Any new Reid updates? I hope he's not this year's Beams from last year... Crucial we get him back ASAP with Brown down.
The club claims that had there been a VFL game this week he would have been playing in it.

I presume he will play next week in the VFL.

There are a lot of players I'd love to squeeze into this team, but ultimately you need stability and we won't win many games of football when we are making 3+ changes every week.

Adams is a logical choice for ball.

JT remains unlucky, but Adams is a more like for like selection for Ball. Luke is an in and under who wins his clearances under the packs and dishes out to the outside runner who gets the clearances. Adams is also this sort of player, but also has a bit of an outside game as well.

JT on the other hand is not the type who does a lot of his clearance work under the packs. He sort of bursts through and reads the tap or gets a feed out to break away. Considering Swan is spending so much time forward, I'd actually like to see more of JT to fill this role as opposed to replacing Ball.

I would've loved to have seen Karnezis, but ultimately he needs to get himself super fit. Ben Reid is going to slot back into the team in 2 weeks, so Karnezis needs to be able to rotate through middle and defence or we could be too top heavy...especially with Goldsack forward. Thought we would've dropped Witts and played Karnezis, but I'm equally happy to keep pumping game time into Witts.

Still think we are a pure mid short...although Adams covers the ground better than Ball so we get a bit more spread from that inclusion. Young and Fasolo would want big games this round.

No Karnezis, No Martin...?
I might not even watch.. :cry:
I agree, but as much as Karnezis is kicking goals, by all accounts he is shagged pretty quickly, he's coming from a long way back on preseason. He'll get there eventually.

As for Martin, apparently racking up touches, goals AND tackles means you are not good enough to play AFL. I am beginning to doubt we'll ever see this kid play AFL for us. Either they are lying about his stats or he porked the coaches wife.

There's going to be plenty of players we want to squeeze in and who will probably be deserving, eg. Thomas, Kennedy, Martin, Broomhead, Seedsman, Karnezis so we better get used to it. I don't really know this is about providing a stable team this far out so much as when players get the job done they stay in.

Still say Adams is very lucky to be getting the nod ahead of JT. He better perform.

That is Your Opinion but I say Adam’s has and Getting more of the Ball,More Clearances and Lot More Tackles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is Your Opinion but I say Adam’s has and Getting more of the Ball,More Clearances and Lot More Tackles

I think JT & Adams are both great fits for Luke Ball and excellent to have competition for spots. It would have been a line ball choice between the two. Both have had stuttering oppurtunities, used as sub and out of position.

A real chance this week to see what Adams can do in a more natural position. Its fair to say everyone expected a bit more from him based on last year and a promising pre-season. Perhaps they have been working on his game a bit as at GWS he may have been a bit of a front runner and his form flattered him - like a lot of those highly talented GWS kids they have defensive flaws in their games as they have never really needed to defend that much in juniors. I think the VFL signs have been good in this regard for Adams, I think both him & JT can improve our clearance numbers as it is a strength they both have. Luke Ball has been down in this regard lately.

I think JT & Adams are both great fits for Luke Ball and excellent to have competition for spots. It would have been a line ball choice between the two. Both have had stuttering oppurtunities, used as sub and out of position.

A real chance this week to see what Adams can do in a more natural position. Its fair to say everyone expected a bit more from him based on last year and a promising pre-season. Perhaps they have been working on his game a bit as at GWS he may have been a bit of a front runner and his form flattered him - like a lot of those highly talented GWS kids they have defensive flaws in their games as they have never really needed to defend that much in juniors. I think the VFL signs have been good in this regard for Adams, I think both him & JT can improve our clearance numbers as it is a strength they both have. Luke Ball has been down in this regard lately.

Could play Both Adams and Adams. Do well in the VFL.

Agree Finally get to see Thomas in his Perfect Position at the AFL Level:D

Last edited:
What Family?

cast.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs St.Kilda, Friday 7:50pm @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back