Changes vs Sydney - R15 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm reclaiming my thread.

Out: Blease (inj.)

In: Magner - doubt the game would have ended as it did with James in there with Nathan Jones and Sylvia.

It's a pity about Blease and the last 15 minutes, otherwise I would have said no changes.

Blease out Magner in
Byrnes not great as sub but keep the team as stable as possible i think

Out: Blease, Dunn

In: Magner, Grimes

Blease injured and Dunn is just disappointing

We need clearances so Magner in, and the man captiain Grimes is back barring a fitness test, said it himself at halftime on TV :) put him down back in Dunn's role to get him settled back into things.

Grimes is back? Shit yes, UF premiership here I come!

Now that I think about it, I think he has to wait another week because he was on the LTI list.

Players on there have to spend a minimum of 8 weeks and I remember reading something last week that said he had to wait another 2 weeks.

Now that I think about it, I think he has to wait another week because he was on the LTI list.

Players on there have to spend a minimum of 8 weeks and I remember reading something last week that said he had to wait another 2 weeks.

He did it against Carlton in Round 6 I believe.

Depends when he went on the LTI list, his time might be up I'm not sure it's just something I remember reading last week.

This is Round 13, I believe? Guess it means he's back in Round 15. Would like to see him play in the reserves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure Dunn was all that bad, so depending on structures i would keep him in. Would love to replace like for like with Blease, but not too sure we have anyone with pace in the 2's.

On a side note, Terlich and Clisby look good coming out of defence to add some quality disposal. I have long been a fan of Strauss, but these 2 boys look like making Strauss, just a good depth player.

Forward line and back line are starting to look really strong, just want them to remain unchanged as much as possible for the rest of the year, to learn the systems together.

Not sure Dunn was all that bad, so depending on structures i would keep him in. Would love to replace like for like with Blease, but not too sure we have anyone with pace in the 2's.

On a side note, Terlich and Clisby look good coming out of defence to add some quality disposal. I have long been a fan of Strauss, but these 2 boys look like making Strauss, just a good depth player.

Forward line and back line are starting to look really strong, just want them to remain unchanged as much as possible for the rest of the year, to learn the systems together.

I think Strauss might be able to push up as a winger or even spend time in the middle if his tank increases. After watching the replay I agree Dunn wasn't too bad, though he did have his usual brain farts which cost us goals. Also Strauss played a pretty good game for Casey, so has definitely thrown his hat in the ring.

OUT: Dunn, Blease
IN: Strauss, Magner

Blease out really hurts, his pace is our only pace!

Taggert and Barry both have pace. On James Strauss: He's not a good player right now, he's only potential. Prime delist candidate if he can't get a game for this rabble ahead of a couple of 24 year old state league recruits. Not like he hasn't had his chances.

Taggert and Barry both have pace. On James Strauss: He's not a good player right now, he's only potential. Prime delist candidate if he can't get a game for this rabble ahead of a couple of 24 year old state league recruits. Not like he hasn't had his chances.

In the Casey replay Strauss looked a lot quicker than I thought he was. Maybe it was just the VFL standard so he looked quicker than everyone else, but he seems to have a bit of pace about him. But I agree he's on thin ice.

In the Casey replay Strauss looked a lot quicker than I thought he was. Maybe it was just the VFL standard so he looked quicker than everyone else, but he seems to have a bit of pace about him. But I agree he's on thin ice.

He does good things with the ball, but he only gets about 7 touches at AFL level. He reminds me a bit of Jamie Bennell in that sense.

He does good things with the ball, but he only gets about 7 touches at AFL level. He reminds me a bit of Jamie Bennell in that sense.

Have a feeling he's just not being played in the right place. Would like to see him go through the middle. His disposal makes him a good candidate on the wing (but then again we said the same about Morton).

He's contracted for next season.

Anyone know extent of Blease inj, massive out, kid starting to flourish has been a plus whilst others who are getting some consecutive games is also a plus.

With three talks down back in Garland, Frawley and Tommy Mac we can move Dunn to Casey or he can be sub, it's only a matter of time before the dud is not required. Surely Tapscott can get a game before Byrnes and Rodan, if not it's a major worry. We needed to throw some bigger bodies into pivot last quarter to tie the footy up. It was pretty ordinary not to stop the flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back