Changing the Original Lions Guernsey/Clash Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing how in one day we can go from 18th to 1st on the jumper ladder.

I believe the AFL now enforce that you must wear a white clash jumper, (Unless your jumper includes a sash of course) so under current AFL rules Gold clash is not an option.

the clash jumper will be interesting, but to be honest, after the jumper we have had the last five years, we could have the paddle pop taking a dump on the front of the jumper I am not going to complain, I am just so happy that our home and away jumper are now back.

I think they have looked at all our jumpers from 1997 to 2014 abnd created jumper perfection, I hope Lion size and Yoke position necver change.

Essendon's clash isn't white. I'd love to see them adopt the Bears guernsey worn against the Bombers this year.

Awesome customer service and great experience from my end by the club, especially after two disappointing transactions this year, one being the rude lady at the merchandise tent at our first Melbourne game this year, and secondly, the lack of communication from the Lions shop regarding the Brown jumper and the auctions earlier this year (also took the club over a week to respond to my emails, where I actually had to resend it to remind them).

Great to see the club has taken criticisms on board and improved the customer service aspect of the store. Their communication and professionalism was terrible this year.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Minor changes are exactly that - minor. Importantly 'the identity' of the club is firmly restored by having the traditional Brisbane Lion on the front of the jumper.

That is our identity.

Yes, it was borne from the history of Fitzroy. However it became readily accepted by one and all as 'The Brisbane Lion'.

Well said

noob question, but why is it called the paddlepop lion?

It was suggested early on that it looked a lot like the Paddlepop mascot. The name stuck.

paddlepoplion.jpg

Stupidly, I always wondered whether there was any correlation in increased sales of actual paddlepop ice-creams due to being in the forefront of a lot of consumers minds, particularly in the Brisbane and Melbourne markets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see the club has taken criticisms on board and improved the customer service aspect of the store. Their communication and professionalism was terrible this year.

Sent an email asking for my original order to be refunded at midnight last night. Got a response by 9:30 AM advising that they would sort it all our for me and that Matt would give me a call, as soon as I read that email at 9:45 I got a call almost straight after from him who teed everything up for me.

Didn't get a response back for a week with the Lions shop earlier in the year, ended up forwarding the email I sent to the membership address whom got into contact with me 24 hours after.

Sent an email asking for my original order to be refunded at midnight last night. Got a response by 9:30 AM ....
Don't underestimate how important that is as an indicator for 2015. There was a strong link between an improvement in the off-field stuff at Port and the improvement on-field. It seems to me professionalism needs to be club-wide. I have no idea why.

I keep hearing there's a clique. That is one clique, apparently. How does one join that clique? Are there forms I need to fill-in to join? Can someone from the clique please get in touch with me.

I don't wanna be left out, it's lonely out here!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Clashes with Gold Coast & Sydney. Also the AFL seem to believe it clashes with the Bulldogs too.

this is the same governing body that allows umpires to wear yellow at a Hawthorn match...a Grand Final no less.

Anyway, congrats on the return of the old jumper. The club seemed to lose its way during the paddle pop era. Hope this is a sign of good things to come (except against us of course)

I keep hearing there's a clique. That is one clique, apparently. How does one join that clique? Are there forms I need to fill-in to join? Can someone from the clique please get in touch with me.

I don't wanna be left out, it's lonely out here!

Everyone is getting along at the moment, so there is no more clique.

Unless we are all now in the same massive clique, in which case I find us all deplorable.

Essendon's clash isn't white. I'd love to see them adopt the Bears guernsey worn against the Bombers this year.

Ideally we would have three kits.

Maroon - all home games in Queensland.
Red - all Victorian games
Gold - against the Suns (away) and possibly against the Bulldogs and wherever else the AFL deemed a clash with the maroon and red)

1zqc378.png

The FFC jumper and old Bears jumper would be worn as one offs. No hybrid jumpers in this case please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changing the Original Lions Guernsey/Clash Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back