Certified Legendary Thread Chapman, Roo, Fagan all of board must announce they will depart end of year.

Remove this Banner Ad

In fairness to Reid, he is only a negotiator. He order come from above and I would like to believe all negations would pass the scrutiny of the board. If he was told to get Gibbs at all costs, mission accomplished.

Reid is the list manager and part of that is management of the player salary cap - our list management disaster over the last few years starts and stops with him.

As for Gibbs, Reid was the initiator and worked on getting him to the Crows for over 12 months before Fagan was quoted as telling him to get it done - his personal relationship with Gibbs shouldn't be forgotten either.

This is from the latest News Corp article on the camp:

News Corp can also reveal that Crows powerbrokers recently approached former club chief executive and salary cap cheat Steven Trigg about a potential return to replace Rob Chapman as chairman or to serve on the board.

Trigg, who would have returned as an AFL-appointed director, said it was not an official approach and he did not have time to return to West Lakes in any capacity.

“It is flattering if that’s being thought about by anyone, but the reality is I have so much to do in my professional life at the moment I just don’t have time,” Trigg said.

Enlighten yourself, for once, I am sure there is something written down out there, If not Ask the AFL or Fagan via email,

You are very consistant and very predictable.

Always make these super vague claims and when you're challenged to back them up with evidence you can't.

You're asking me to prove a negative. If I search and find nothing you'll just say it's because I didn't look well enough. It's like telling someone to disprove god.

YOU are the one making the claim, it is on YOU to back it up if you want people to believe you. (also before you go 'well I dont need you to believe me' as your inevitable counter argument, if you didn't want people to consider what you had to say you wouldn't have posted it at all).

Even the fact they considered (and worse, approached) Trigg is unacceptable. Sack the lot of them

The fact Trigg was the most sensible one of the lot and turned it down speaks volumes about their incompetence.

Trigg didn't turn it down because he was too busy in his professional life, he turned it down because he realized it'd be hugely damaging to him.

Reid is the list manager and part of that is management of the player salary cap - our list management disaster over the last few years starts and stops with him.

As for Gibbs, Reid was the initiator and worked on getting him to the Crows for over 12 months before Fagan was quoted as telling him to get it done - his personal relationship with Gibbs shouldn't be forgotten either.

no it doesn't, that's absurdly simplistic. There's numerous people who sit on a list management committee that jointly make the decisions. Reid executes those decisions on behalf of the committee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is from the latest News Corp article on the camp:

"News Corp can also reveal that Crows powerbrokers recently approached former club chief executive and salary cap cheat Steven Trigg about a potential return to replace Rob Chapman as chairman or to serve on the board.

Trigg, who would have returned as an AFL-appointed director, said it was not an official approach and he did not have time to return to West Lakes in any capacity.

“It is flattering if that’s being thought about by anyone, but the reality is I have so much to do in my professional life at the moment I just don’t have time,” Trigg said."

Far out, it never surprises me just how deluded some of these people are!

It's times like this I miss the "vomit" emoticon.

Last edited:
It is if they're draining cash. What other purpose do they serve if not to generate cash flow?
Let’s play hypotheticals.

The crows submit a weekly cash flow showing $25,000 going out for a moving bonus for John Worsfold to come over as Football Director

AFL says no. We have Ben Hart who is perfectly adequate.

You’re fine with that obviously.

Finicially the Club has preformed, well enough to allow the Crows to refuse the AFL COVID Bail out and go there own way.
Thats rubbish. All we have done is gone outside the AFL for a loan.

In fairness to Reid, he is only a negotiator. He order come from above and I would like to believe all negations would pass the scrutiny of the board. If he was told to get Gibbs at all costs, mission accomplished.

Yes I take your point. But he stuffed his first attempt with Gibbs and he has to be more than just a messenger boy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Chapman, Roo, Fagan all of board must announce they will depart end of year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back