Chapman: We are better than the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was gonna be about Richard Champion..

No point being in the comp without confidence.

Bit silly telling the media though..

And i also cant wait for rnd 1 for the rematch..

Could be a bit of biff:D

I love it - fantastic gameship. I am one WCE supporter who got a real buzz out of the final and am now looking forward to the replay which is guaranteed to be a Telstra Dome sell out.

yeah its just a pity friggin channel 10 decided not to telivise the game!!

they'll pay for that with lost ratings,
lions vs sydey bah

Originally posted by marcuz
Im actually looking forward to the rematch in round 1, should be a cracker of a match. These two clubs obviously do not like each other. Might become one of the better new age rivalries in the AFL

Isnt that what they are trying to do. It is good to see other clubs talking themselves up, rather than the whole media beat up being dominated by dickED and sheeds.

Originally posted by Wally16
Mate the day that $200,000, playing for the jumper in front of 50,000 people against a rival team and having your team placed in the history books as champions IS CONSIDERED ****ALL then what will be the point of Football??? Its a season and how much does the team who wins the premiership get??? (serious I wanna know!)

I don't believe I mentioned the money earnt, the sponsorship or the membership. Maybe you better read again.

I'm talking about the unsavoury ******** comments coming from all sides of the fences for a game that I was happy enough to win, but hardly getting carried away with.

If we won the premiership (an actual real one) I still wouldn't talk as ungraciously to the other clubs as the likes of you.

Show some respect.

Perfect bump. I was tying to think who the third one was in the triad of idiotic Saints supporters alongside Fireman and JeffDunne; forgot about Joffaboy. He's probably still bitching about the Launceston siren game.

Perfect bump, my arse.
Chappy would probably agree with me that there is nothing between these to sides right now (cue smartarse comments such as "except two premierships").
The Cats were lucky to win yesterday and you all f***ing know it?
Deserving, yes, but bloody lucky too.
Being called a Bradbury is wrong coz the Cats are a great team whereas Bradbury was average at best.
Three guys don't take chances from the Saints and Geelong are still in the game.
I won't even go into Mooney punching Gilbert and goaling......goals that hit posts, weather that makes life most difficult for tall forwards etc. etc.
All means bugger all now coz Geelong have the cup.

So, i'll say again, deserving, no question but also very lucky.
winners are grinners blah blah blah blah............................................

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect bump, my arse.
Chappy would probably agree with me that there is nothing between these to sides right now (cue smartarse comments such as "except two premierships").
Being called a Bradbury is wrong coz the Cats are a great team whereas Bradbury was average at best.
Three guys don't take chances from the Saints and Geelong are still in the game.
I won't even go into Mooney punching Gilbert and goaling......goals that hit posts, weather that makes life most difficult for tall forwards etc. etc.

winners are grinners blah blah blah blah............................................
2-0 in terms of premierships since his call. Game over. We are better than you since Chapman made his call. Your 22-2 season (5 years after what he said) means NOTHING in the face of our 2 premierships.
That's ignoring the fact that the team Chapman shitcanned is so different from the one you had now; it was the win in '07 that cemented us as the better team, '09 is just a perfect sweetner.

Make no mistake, this is the greatest bump in the history of big footy.

:eek:

2-0 in terms of premierships since his call. Game over. We are better than you since Chapman made his call. Your 22-2 season (5 years after what he said) means NOTHING in the face of our 2 premierships.
That's ignoring the fact that the team Chapman shitcanned is so different from the one you had now; it was the win in '07 that cemented us as the better team, '09 is just a perfect sweetner.

Make no mistake, this is the greatest bump in the history of big footy.

So, if the team is so different now, as you say, then bumping this shit up now is pointless.
Make no mistake though, this is the greatest bump in the history of big footy. :confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused:

Chapman is a tosser

he said the same thing after the Premlim against the Demons

who does he think they are, the brisbane Lions?

Chapman you dumb ****, your team is ****

Not quite.....

Although Nigel Lapin thinks we are equal.

GEELONG assistant coach Nigel Lappin has lauded the Cats' 2009 premiership team, saying it is the equal of the all-conquering Lions outfit that Lappin won three premiership medals with from 2001-2003.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/85398/default.aspx

When he said it he was wrong.

3 years later he was right.

2 years later he is still right (but by less than 2 years ago).

Maybe next year he'll be back to where he was 5 years ago.

So, if the team is so different now, as you say, then bumping this shit up now is pointless.
Make no mistake though, this is the greatest bump in the history of big footy. :confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused:
It's still deliciously ironic that the flog OP challenged Chapman's claims, when all signs point to Chapman being spot on ever since.
Put simply, 2 > 0.

Perfect bump, my arse.

And they were bloody unlucky to lose it last year as well.

WTF is your point??

Continue your whinging though, very amusing :thumbsu:

The fact that he won the norm smith to rub it in their faces makes it so much better.

Imagine if in his speech he said "I told St Kilda 5 years ago we were better. The proof is in the result."

Yep. Still right.

Insightful, brilliant, future-reading call.

Bigfooty's greatest thread?

I had a feeling this topic might get a return mention

It's still deliciously ironic that the flog OP challenged Chapman's claims, when all signs point to Chapman being spot on ever since.
Put simply, 2 > 0.

The fact that he won the norm smith to rub it in their faces makes it so much better.

Imagine if in his speech he said "I told St Kilda 5 years ago we were better. The proof is in the result."

The Chapman quote was talking about 2004. He said that Geelong were better than the Saints after the Saints beat them in the preseason final.

The next time they met St Kilda thrashed them by ten goals.

Chapman was wrong.

He was not claiming that Geelong would be better than the Saints at some future time, he meant there and then and he was wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chapman: We are better than the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back