News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless it comes with a future first rounder then I can't see how we have even benefit from this trade.

Serious?

So, hypothetically you think 12 for Cameron and Carlton's future second is a bad deal? That would value Cameron at 37 or so.

12 + Carlton's future third would value Cameron at approx 17.

Freo get Wilson (arguably superior) for a pick in the mid 20s.

It's what happens when you have actual professional's running a club.

Brisbane will always be a joke if they keep overpaying for players like this

I was probably in the minority relatively okay with paying 12 for Cameron if required, but still this reaction surprises me. Some serious underrating of what Charlie can bring I think.
I am not necessarily OK with offering pick 12. But the emotive response difference between pick 12 vs pick 20 is what I don't get. Not too much different in price there for me.

So what if its pick 12 or 18 or 20 - do we need Cameron or not?
Simple answer is YES.
Lets just wait until all the deals are done before we judge our team.
After giving up 10 and 16 for Gibbs, they would want an earlish pick from us.

Possibly picks 12 & 40odd for Cameron and Carl's 2nd rounder 2018 would be good.
Then we have picks 1, 18 and 20 this year and 3 top 25 picks next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's quite possible that our recruiters are of the opinion that the difference in quality between #12 and #18/20 in this year's draft really isn't that much at all, and that if it's what's needed to get the deal done, they won't really mind.

Serious?

So, hypothetically you think 12 for Cameron and Carlton's future second is a bad deal?

I'd take that and run - spreads out our early picks and we still have 18 and 20. But I'd be shocked if we didn't have to give up something more to get Carlton's future second. That's quite possibly going to be pick 19ish particularly with Gibbs gone.

It's quite possible that our recruiters are of the opinion that the difference in quality between #12 and #18/20 in this year's draft really isn't that much at all, and that if it's what's needed to get the deal done, they won't really mind.

This is no place for reasoning, this is the meltdown thread and people will continue to melt!

**** me. We had a great trade period last year, thought the dark days of October were well and truly behind us....

What can he bring?

Is that a serious question? Immense pressure, line breaking pace (which we have none of), x factor, proven goal kicker.

I'm aware he's been inconsistent to date, but so has just about every other 23 year old footballer.

Sure, 12 on paper looks like an expensive price to pay - but I don't think we're going to get an option better than Charlie at pick 12 in this year's draft for what our list is lacking.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back