News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's quite possible that our recruiters are of the opinion that the difference in quality between #12 and #18/20 in this year's draft really isn't that much at all, and that if it's what's needed to get the deal done, they won't really mind.

We end up with pick 1, Cameron and Ballenden Rockcliff out. Very underwhelming trade period.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was right with you till the Bombers get Stringer for 25 & 30. I'm seriously lost with this trade period - there has been some trades that are hard to fathom in both directions.

Having said that I'm accepting of 12 for Cameron... just. I think his upside is worth it, we've seen glimpses of it in the big game. We don't need another Aish for 12 scenario.

You can't compare the Stringer deal to anything really - they clearly wanted to get rid of him.

Whoever ends up with Stringer will be laughing in a few years, he has the potential to be a top 5 player in the competition IMO.

He also has the potential to be a massive culture killer. Bigger risk than Schache imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrett's commentary of the Trade Room camera has a bit of Royal Wedding about it. "Here is Dodoro, he appears to be looking at his phone. Yes. He's looking at his phone. Now he appears to be signing the piece of paper in front of him." Tedious.

While still acknowledging that it hasn't been done yet and there could be other possible permutations.

So not sure what the point of your previous post was when you were saying 12 wasn't thag much worse than 18.

Fact remains that we're overpaying relative to what other clubs pay to get players in.

So not sure what the point of your previous post was when you were saying 12 wasn't thag much worse than 18.

Fact remains that we're overpaying relative to what other clubs pay to get players in.

Again, you're speaking as though the deal has been done.

...unless the Lions go awesome and say to the Crows, you had your chance, you blew it - it is 20 or we get him for nothing next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back