News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to be the cliched expectation that Cameron will be worse off in our team but I'm bullish. Charlie, Bundy, Squizzy and Zorko buzzing around outside the packs and running forward of centre is going to be FUN.
Imagine the noise at the Gabba when we're on song infront of a big crowd and you've Charlie streaming forward. There'd only be maybe 2 other players in the league as fast as Cameron I would have thought (Jetta,Rohan)?

Most of us over value draft picks (me included), there is a lot more chance that Charlie Cameron will have a good career with us than a speculative pick 12 in the draft.

The last 10 pick 12s-

2016- Jy Simpkin
2015- Charlie Curnow
2014- Corey Ellis
2013- Ben Lennon
2012- Kristian Jaksch
2011- Sam Docherty
2010- Lucas Cook
2009- Kane Lucas
2008- Lewis Johnston
2007- Cyril Rioli

On the other hand players like Nathan Fyfe, Alex Rance, Dayne Beams, Isaac Smith, Zach Merrett, Lewis Taylor:), Ryan Burton, Alex Witherden:) and Cedric Cox:) were selected after pick 12.

Comparisons to Green are ludicrous. Green is a fraud. Runs at 50 percent without the footy and 100 percent with it. He's a cheat.

Charlie isn't the most polished player going around but you get 100 percent in all phases. That's gold for a small forward in the current evolution of the game.

Comparisons to Green are ludicrous. Green is a fraud. Runs at 50 percent without the footy and 100 percent with it. He's a cheat.

Charlie isn't the most polished player going around but you get 100 percent in all phases. That's gold for a small forward in the current evolution of the game.

Agreed if the game is going in that direction we have made merry with Charlie, however if we look at the three small forwards who drove this, Dan Butler, Daniel Rioli and Jason Castagna.

Castagna and Butler were rookie draftees, Rioli first round pick but is significantly more polished than Charlie, no denying the fact we paid way too much and the fact we are not going tobe contending next year could have waited to get him and probably given up say a third round pick surely?

I think it sucks that the arguably best team in 2017 who CHOKED MASSIVELY tried to rip what is essentially the 2018 equalization pick off from the absolutely worst team in the comp.

Bunch of arseholes trying to bully the weakest.

We need a dearth riding Adelaide thread that works. Go port - smash those cross town creeps.

Actually, Hipwood is the fastest player in the game ;)
This article has them at the same top speed [link]
YOUR TEAM’S QUICKEST PLAYER
CLUB
PLAYER MAXIMUM SPEED
Adelaide Charlie Cameron 34.6kmh
Brisbane Lions Eric Hipwood 34.6kmh
Carlton Denis Armfield 34.6kmh
Collingwood Will Hoskin-Elliott 34.5kmh
Essendon Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti 34.5kmh
Fremantle Lachie Weller 34.3kmh
Geelong Daniel Menzel 34.6kmh
Gold Coast Jack Leslie 34.3kmh
GWS Giants Toby Greene 35.3kmh
Hawthorn Paul Puopolo 34.3kmh
Melbourne Jayden Hunt 34.9kmh
Nth Melbourne Shaun Atley 34.7kmh
Port Adelaide Jarman Impey 35.3kmh
Richmond Connor Menadue 35.0kmh
St Kilda Seb Ross 35.0kmh
Sydney Swans Dane Rampe 34.6kmh
West Coast Elliot Yeo, Lewis Jetta 34.2kmh
Western Bulldogs Jason Johannisen 34.3kmh

I'm going to miss his speed and his tackling that always sticks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always been a fan of premiership players coming to your club. coz they know what it takes. The Crows may have missed out, but CC spent long enough in their system to snow our young blokes what it takes. Big positive for me.

Hi guys, apologies for the intrusion.

On performance to date and consistency I think you’ve overpaid but I’ve gotta say that if you find a way to get it all to click and for Charlie to bring it to the table week in week out you’ve got a monster on your hands.

Electric pace, ferocious tackler who can bring down blokes three times his size and the ability to do things almost no other player in the Comp can - he’s enigmatic.

You’ve got two options - work on his goal kicking until he’s comfortable with his routine (at the moment he’s very hit and miss) and you could potentially have an elite small forward who puts on ferocious forward line pressure.

The other option is to try and graft him into a pack skirting midfielder/winger who can do damage on the run. Has all the attributes but sometimes the game swallows him up and he tends to get a bit lost.

I think your biggest issue with him will be between the ears, I have concerns the move could well kill his career as he’s been heavily mentored by Eddie Betts and has still appeared quite fragile at times, but I hope for Brisbane and Charlie’s sakes he brings it all together as he could be anything.

High risk. High reward.

All the best for 2018

Hi guys, apologies for the intrusion.

On performance to date and consistency I think you’ve overpaid but I’ve gotta say that if you find a way to get it all to click and for Charlie to bring it to the table week in week out you’ve got a monster on your hands.

Electric pace, ferocious tackler who can bring down blokes three times his size and the ability to do things almost no other player in the Comp can - he’s enigmatic.

You’ve got two options - work on his goal kicking until he’s comfortable with his routine (at the moment he’s very hit and miss) and you could potentially have an elite small forward who puts on ferocious forward line pressure.

The other option is to try and graft him into a pack skirting midfielder/winger who can do damage on the run. Has all the attributes but sometimes the game swallows him up and he tends to get a bit lost.

I think your biggest issue with him will be between the ears, I have concerns the move could well kill his career as he’s been heavily mentored by Eddie Betts and has still appeared quite fragile at times, but I hope for Brisbane and Charlie’s sakes he brings it all together as he could be anything.

High risk. High reward.

All the best for 2018

Good points

High risk. High reward.

All the best for 2018
That is the role that David Noble mentioned earlier in the week that Chris Fagan has in mind for Charlie.

...oh joy, another one where we have to sort out between the ears.

Just for the record, we have Mitch Robinson and Allen Christensen....between them they will also be a great help to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back