News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha Crows board in meltdown over the Gibba deal.

In fairness to the Crows they just got to win a flag and they're also winners from the deal.

But two first rounders for a guy who is 29 by the start of the next season? Yikes.

The Crows have been blinded by the idea that their Premiership window is open. For that reason I think they'll want to keep Cameron for one more year.

If both teams finish in the same positions as this year, it's 10 + 16 + 36 + 77 for Gibbs + 22 + 40 + 77.
Equivalent to pick 7. I don't particularly mind it from a Crows perspective as they need to shoot for a flag while they can IMO, but it's pretty funny considering only a few days ago I had several Crows supporters tell me Gibbs wasn't worth pick 16.

That trade is a really damning assessment by Adelaide of this year's draft, If we rate this draft similar to them, pick 12 genuinely could be on the cards for Cameron.

Still think with Cameron, Hodge and Ballenden in we could trade up and just aim for 2 high picks. We dont need 4 draftees this year unlike last year. package them all up and try land 2 top 10 picks.

Still think with Cameron, Hodge and Ballenden in we could trade up and just aim for 2 high picks. We dont need 4 draftees this year unlike last year. package them all up and try land 2 top 10 picks.
Good in theory... lots of clubs trying to trade up without success though... I guess Saints are our only option?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good in theory... lots of clubs trying to trade up without success though... I guess Saints are our only option?

I think there is a fair bit of scope for some horse trading in the top 10.

Don't bank on us having pick 1 by 2PM.

That trade is a really damning assessment by Adelaide of this year's draft, If we rate this draft similar to them, pick 12 genuinely could be on the cards for Cameron.
More so that crows want in on next year where's there's quality SA kids available. Not sure they will have low enough picks to get them. But in nxt yrs trade & if live trading comes in they might be able to do some sort of deal

Saints have said the entire trade period that they were keen to try up the order. They have 7 & 8 so there isnt much higher to go. Trades for just picks will be left til the end. Sounds like 18 might be used for Cameron, so that gives us 1 12 and 20 to use to trade up the order. Id try move 20 back to late 20s and move 1 and 12 up to the top 8.

Trading down from 1 to 7 and 8, even though it nets us two for one, is a big call in a weak draft.

The weakness doesn't really seem to kick in until we get outside the top 10. If it doesnt suit our needs, we don't do the trade. No gun at our head.

Could involve more than just Brisbane and St Kilda. May not happen at all. But anything is possible.

The weakness doesn't really seem to kick in until we get outside the top 10.
I think 1 & 12 are fine. But does seem to start to drop off after about 14-16 and completely by the early-mid 20s.

If Cameron deal involves Schache hoping we package 18 & 20 up.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back