MRP / Trib. Charlie Cameron gets a week for dumping tackle on Lever - Tribunal = down to a fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why you are trying to protect a player who swung another player into a position that could cause injury.

Oh, thats right, your a Brizzy supporter.

Off to Bunnings you go.

I'm just challenging the inconsistency and the ability of Christian to manipulate the grading system to get the desired result. There is no way the impact on Lever was any worse than felt by Butler or Andrew. They went soft on Vlaustin and Greene from last week based on last year's standards. This was pointed out in the coverage last night. Unfortunately for Charlie we have returned to last years standards starting this week.

It's nothing to do with bias against Brisbane or high-profile VIC club conspiracy theories. It's just part of the eb and flow of the match review system. It's annoying when it's your player/ club that cops the whack though. It always is.

btw I was at Bunnings this morning.

lol, if this is “medium impact” what does low impact look like? This will get downgraded on appeal

The MRO just makes it up as he goes. Lever was uninjured and its Medium.

Couple of weeks ago a Hawthorn player was slammed head first into the ground in a tackle and was unaffected and no free and no MRO comment.

They really are driven by the media.

The obvious hope for us is if we can get it downgraded to low. I get the action isn't amazing so it's hard to argue against that.

Just like players were ducking, shrugging etc to get free's from high tackles could they also force a tackle to look more dumping, slinging by swinging their bodies around?
Pretty sure I have seen what looks like this a few times.
I even think this Cameron/Lever one has a bit of this to it.
Cameron did initially look like he was trying to pull Lever backward then it went more side on. Lever could have just been trying to struggle out of the tackle but it did look like the tackle took a couple of different trajectories.

Charlie Cameron? Did you feel the same way when Geelong challenged Brad Close last year?
The rules of 2023 don't exist, you cannot compare those rules to what has now been set in stone in 2024. Cameron should get another week for this frivolous challenge. You cannot slam or dump tackle anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rules of 2023 don't exist, you cannot compare those rules to what has now been set in stone in 2024. Cameron should get another week for this frivolous challenge. You cannot slam or dump tackle anymore.

You couldn't do it last year too, there were 21 suspensions for them by June last year with Close being one of them. I'm sure you were critical of Geelong for challenging then too, calling for Close to be given another week for the 'frivolous' challenge.

We saw Toby Greene get away with a sling tackle just last week.

That being said, while I think it's worth a challenge, I don't think he'll get off.

No one is challenging the action on this one. They will he challenging the impact. Lever had no affects from the tackle. Should be low impact at best.

99% of "dump tackles" don't deserve weeks because the umpire is too slow to blow the whistle.

As for this case, after their players coming out demanding sicilys suspension last year, I say cop it
Sicily is a full blown grub. Charlie nurses the opposition to full health on the field. Big difference.

Charlie should know using that type of tackle is asking for trouble.
If the suspension stays i hope, he learns a personal and team lesson.

Charlies only hope in my opinion is Lever did not have both arms pinned well before contact with the ground.
So, Lever had some control to protect himself from the tackle.

1713252117992.png
1713252211465.png
1713252318558.png

Lions' 6 points:

1) Medical report clear

2) Lever had left arm completely free and used it

3) Lever's right arm only partly pinned, could move the bottom of his arm

4) Head movement of Lever is him looking at umpire

5) Cameron is smaller

6) Three 'low' impact examples

Remove this Banner Ad

Back