Traded Charlie Cameron [traded to Brisbane]

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we do Adelaide for Restraint of Trade if they say no...?
Huh? CC is under contract.

AFC would be open to trading CC if he really needed to head home for personal reasons... but given Pyke's comments today, I doubt CC is leaving.

In trade week yes, but not during the season.

The crows never mentioned anything about Gibbs until well into trade week.

You should run over Mr Pikes comments on talking about contracted players again. He's of the mind that regardless of time of year its never appropriate...........short memory, ****ing hypocrite.

"I don't think it's appropriate (that) you talk about players at other clubs who are under contract."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...rows-gun-charlie-cameron-20170815-gxx3ro.html

Watch the presser as well.

Fagan's comments were a direct response to a question from Caroline Wilson

What was actualy said was the following:

Caroline Wilson. "There is a lot of talk that Charlie Cameron wants to go home and move back to Brisbane. He is contracted but I think Adelaide struggled last time to keep him there. Would you...would you look at a trade for Charlie Cameron?"

Chris Fagan: "We're certainly interested in getting players to our club that can help us progress up the ladder and his age profile and talent would certainly something we'd be interested in. I’ll leave all that to David Noble and Dom Ambrogio, but from a coaching perspective if Charlie Cameron were to be available and interested in coming to Brisbane, we'd love to have him as part of our team."

I reckon the AFL industry needs to grow up a bit...there is absolutely nothing wrong with Fagan saying that. All this 'disrespectful' rubbish.

It will probably take a while but i think we'll eventually get to a point where players are talked about openly...which is what happens in basically every other sport. It wasn't that long ago where barely any trades were done and it was basically sacrilege for a player to say they wanted out.

If Charlie really does want out he is better off seeing out his contract and walking for nothing at the end of next year

Because no way the Crows let him go this year IMO. He is better off just knuckling down and waiting another year

I'm sure if he said he went to the club and said that he wanted to be with his family and Brisbane gave Adelaide a reasonable offer then he would be back in Queensland next year. Gold Coast could be an option if he wants to go home also

You should run over Mr Pikes comments on talking about contracted players again. He's of the mind that regardless of time of year its never appropriate...........short memory, ******* hypocrite.

"I don't think it's appropriate (that) you talk about players at other clubs who are under contract."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...rows-gun-charlie-cameron-20170815-gxx3ro.html

Watch the presser as well.
For crying out aloud not that hard to spell a AFL coaches name especially with 4 letters in it.
Think the only reason Pyke re acted is here we are sitting top about to get ready for finals and we get only questions about players future and when 1 is under contract getting too much.
I Charlie wants to go Qld and someone willing to offer decent trade the sure club will look at . Losing the Brownlow man has not slowed us down so I am sure losing CC won't be throat cutting time.

You can pick Cameron style players up late in a draft. Betts, Garlett, Motlop, Walters, Cameron himself etc.

Personally wouldn't give a top 20 pick for him, especially as a poor finisher.

That's where you draft them, because most such players don't come off and that risk drops their value.

The ones that do come good increase in value considerably.

For crying out aloud not that hard to spell a AFL coaches name especially with 4 letters in it.
Think the only reason Pyke re acted is here we are sitting top about to get ready for finals and we get only questions about players future and when 1 is under contract getting too much.
I Charlie wants to go Qld and someone willing to offer decent trade the sure club will look at . Losing the Brownlow man has not slowed us down so I am sure losing CC won't be throat cutting time.
Pick 18 is about fair I think.

Huh? CC is under contract.

AFC would be open to trading CC if he really needed to head home for personal reasons... but given Pyke's comments today, I doubt CC is leaving.

It's a joke. Every year someone will bring up restraint of trade when they probably don't have a clue what they're talking about

I don't understand why Pyke has got annoyed over this, absolutely nothing wrong with expressing interest in a player. Different if he was going off about Levers supposed meeting with the Demons but Brisbane saying they're interested in Cameron? Please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The word coming out of Adelaide is that Charlies manager came to the club looking for a contract extension and increase in pay, as he was signed up on minimal coin due to him coming off the rookie list at the time. The club said no, thry didnt want to pay him more next year, so his manager is trying to pressure the club with talks of a move.

The word coming out of Adelaide is that Charlies manager came to the club looking for a contract extension and increase in pay, as he was signed up on minimal coin due to him coming off the rookie list at the time. The club said no, thry didnt want to pay him more next year, so his manager is trying to pressure the club with talks of a move.
Hopefully you can hold on to him.

Pay the man. He is worth it.

22 goals in 20 games. For a small forward in a potent forward line that gets multiple opportunities. That's not good enough. He even plays up the ground more and averages just 13 disposals a game. He's in the side for his tackling and thats about it. Worth a 3rd rounder at best.

Realistically, he's rated because he is quick and indigenous. Neither are actually a guarantee of a good footballer. Matthew Wright kicks more goals and gets more of the ball and was de-listed by the Crows.

Richmond have 3 small forwards with 20 goals and 60 tackles, and two of them most people wouldn't recognise in the street.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Charlie Cameron [traded to Brisbane]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back