Hot Topic Chicken Little thread - 2024 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Our kicking inside 50 is still horrific. Until we clean that up, we aren't winning anything.

Not sure it's the mids getting confused about where the forwards are leading to, or the forwards leading to the wrong parts of the ground but there's absolutely a disconnect there for large parts of the game.

Our kicking inside 50 is still horrific. Until we clean that up, we aren't winning anything.

Not sure it's the mids getting confused about where the forwards are leading to, or the forwards leading to the wrong parts of the ground but there's absolutely a disconnect there for large parts of the game.
Kicking everywhere is shocking. Can't hit targets regularly.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

got me interested in knowing who exactly we picked up during those years....

Nailed Walsh (standout)
TDK still could be anything,
Fisher (hot/cold - needs more consistency),
Kemp/honey (could be ok/good - wait and see)
Dow/lob/philp (not looking too crash hot atm - wait and see)

Liam Stocker looking ok at saints so far.
SPS no idea where he is at.

2016:

Sam Petrevski-Seton (6), Zac Fisher (27), Harrison Macreadie (47), Cameron Polson (59), Tom Williamson (61), Patrick Kerr (65), Kym Lebois (Rookie)

2017:

Paddy Dow (3), Lochie O’Brien (10), Tom De Koning (30), Angus Schumacher (70)

2018:

Sam Walsh (1), Liam Stocker (19), Finbar O’Dwyer (66), Ben Silvagni (70), Hugh Goddard (rookie), Tomas Bugg (rookie)

2019:

Brodie Kemp (17), Sam Philp (20), Sam Ramsay (47), Josh Honey (Rookie), Fraser Phillips (Rookie),
That's pretty confronting when laid out like that. 4 drafts and 22 selections for Walsh and DeKoning. 1 A grade mid and a developing yet talented ruckman.
Make of Fisher what you will, however I wouldn't class him as a genuine recruiting success for pick 27. Maybe a pass. That's a lot of back filling which Austin and co seem to be doing a good job doing however there in lies the reason for the lumpy nature of the list.

How did the Tiger fans word it?

#eco

Emotionally checked out.

It's not the one bad loss though. It's that 4 of our 5 games have been ugly viewing with a low skill level. It's that we lack speed and the only players who could help with this are Philp and Cuningham who are always injured.

#eco

Emotionally checked out.

It's not the one bad loss though. It's that 4 of our 5 games have been ugly viewing with a low skill level. It's that we lack speed and the only players who could help with this are Philp and Cuningham who are always injured.

And one of those is a myth living off an admittedly very good game against Essendon and a handful of "almost" games where he overran the crumb but looked super smooth in doing it.

And the other measured as incredibly fast but the biggest knock on him was that he never used it in games!

Frustrating.

We are on a downward spiral exacerbated by a one paced, one trick midfield and a non functioning forward line stacked with two Coleman medallists. Mentally weak players scarred from years of losses, racked by doubt and anxiety when put to the test.

Sack ‘‘em all, dirty bludgers.
Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals
Uh Huh Yes GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
Yep Reaction GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E
Hillary Clinton Nod GIF

#eco

Emotionally checked out.

Sense you’ve been there for a while TODN.
You’re not alone …

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I watch MV's presser yesterday, including how well we played for 2 quarters, I am too much reminded of our recent failed coaches.
Michael was supposed to be the mentally monster who would get our team to perform the basics....
I am praying we haven't hired the wrong coach again.....

I still can’t believe we took Dow ahead of LDU. I thought it at the time and I definitely think it now. He would be the perfect complement to Cripps and Walsh.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Just that one.... Go over those 4 or 5 drafts from 2013. Dow was one of many. This what we are paying for now. We just do not have the cattle in too many key spots unfortunately.

Just that one.... Go over those 4 or 5 drafts from 2013. Dow was one of many. This what we are paying for now. We just do not have the cattle in too many key spots unfortunately.

There were plenty but that one currently stands out given LDU’s current status vs Dow’s in the context of our team’s needs.

LDU was largely touted as going at pick 2 in the lead up to the draft before Freo pulled the trigger on Brayshaw (great move by them). I saw that and thought, “Great! We’ll get LDU now.” But alas.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

When I watch MV's presser yesterday, including how well we played for 2 quarters, I am too much reminded of our recent failed coaches.
Michael was supposed to be the mentally monster who would get our team to perform the basics....
I am praying we haven't hired the wrong coach again.....
Don't put too much currency in press conferences. I am sure Voss is a monster inside the four walls, when required

Last edited:
Just for amusement because I am bored….does Voss get sacked if we miss finals?
Interesting question. I think his position will be reviewed if we don't. Where they'll try to weigh up the 'excuses'. Maybe?

Didn't Sayers / Cook or someone important say finals was the benchmark this season though? With that out it'd be hard for Voss to survive 10th or worse I'd imagine.

Just for amusement because I am bored….does Voss get sacked if we miss finals?
I don't think he gets sacked end of this year if we miss finals.

However, I'd imagine (hope) there will be some very strong advice from above that some things need to change, particularly around tactical nous of the coaching group and game plans.

Perhaps encouragement to bring in some extra coaching resources to help out in the areas we are lacking, and delegate more/differently.

If nothing changes or improves in the next 12 months after that (which will be 3 seasons in charge) then very good chance he's gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Chicken Little thread - 2024 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back