Hot Topic Chicken Little thread - 2024 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to confess that I sent an email to the club tonight, asking them to cancel the automatic rollover on 3 memberships that I pay for.

My financial support shouldn't be taken for granted, and I want to see what unfolds over the coming couple of months.

Did you happen to catch the article this week on the AFL website taken from an interview with the head of the football department Brad Lloyd.
That a key player in the football club serves up that kind of garbage in the days following the butchered season where a premiership was on offer is quite bewildering if not disturbing.
Keen to see the follow up from the board/executive after the pledge given by the president in his latest letter to members …

Did you happen to catch the article this week on the AFL website taken from an interview with the head of the football department Brad Lloyd.
That a key player in the football club serves up that kind of garbage in the days following the butchered season where a premiership was on offer is quite bewildering if not disturbing.
Keen to see the follow up from the board/executive after the pledge given by the president in his latest letter to members …

No, I didn't catch it. Probably just as well.

he's a liability imo.

Let me say this in no uncertain terms.

I am beyond angry with this football club

We have a slew of highly conditional footballers on this list (I have written about 3 of them recently y in this thread) so what do we do?

We advise one of the few who refuse to take a backwards step and consistently gives it their all, from most reports I've seen is well liked by the playing group, etc. that he's free to look for a new club

Until this football club makes the difficult decision to no longer accept conditional footballers on its list and to promote players who are culture positive we have no chance.

Whoever's decision this was needs to GAGF.

We have a slew of highly conditional footballers on this list (I have written about 3 of them recently y in this thread) so what do we do?

We advise one of the few who refuse to take a backwards step and consistently gives it their all, from most reports I've seen is well liked by the playing group, etc. that he's free to look for a new club

Until this football club makes the difficult decision to no longer accept conditional footballers on its list and to promote players who are culture positive we have no chance.

I think you know the core of this one wick. Friction.... Sides were picked.... One party was pushed the other wasn't...

Dude, I'm not even angry - like I would normally be frothing at the gills, but this just makes me sick in the guts.
So if they claim to be making the tough calls, the height of hypocrisy is keeping Fantasia on the list.

EDIT: One last thing. From all the hype over the last few months, those Camporeale boys better be absolute magicians, because the hordes have put sooo much stock in them.

If we dont absolutely crush it on the trade table and draft, there is going to be some heads on spikes outside of Princes Park.

Strong sense that the club will make a bunch of list management decisions that will be the beginning of the end for this list’s window.

I think you know the core of this one wick. Friction.... Sides were picked.... One party was pushed the other wasn't...
Can you provide more info on this issue you're referring to? Feel free to PM if you don't want it in public so to speak.

On the one hand I kinda get it. Kennedy just a victim of having too many similar types on the list - if you're going to trim one out of Cripps, Cerra, Hewitt and Kennedy in the hope injecting more run its probably him. But yeah on the other it's a pretty bad look especially considering the way things played out in the last game, as Wickzki said you at least know he's gonna put in every week. Potential to cause some consternation within the locker room for sure.

But the real head-scratcher for mine is Owies being told he's free to pursue deals with other clubs too? Not perfect I know but the bloke just kicked 33 goals, our only goal kicking small/mid forward who looks remotely AFL standard currently. What, we're just hoping against hope that Motlop and Durdin come good? WTF is going on :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Chicken Little thread - 2024 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back