Chins up - Cousins will be back

Remove this Banner Ad

Gunnar, don't start your grandstanding please.

It does seem you are in denial, it matters not how much spin you try to put onto this matter, the reason still stands that Cousins does have to try and sort himself out, and with the magnitude of problems he has it will take more than a few weeks till he is back, if he comes back.

You have got to be kidding!!!!

Man you guys are so deluded its not funny!

His manager has said that he is seeking help for drug abuse. I hope he gets it & sorts his life out. :thumbsu:

His manager is his father. In every report I have seen his father has declined to comment.
Stop making crap up.

His manager is his father. In every report I have seen his father has declined to comment.
Stop making crap up.

The comment may not be true but it isn't "made up" by BoundforGLory. SEN ran with the "looking for drug rehabilitation" line since the early afternoon. Mark Robinson from the Sun made a similar comment.

Brian may have refused to comment, but that doesn't mean the parties he has contacted for advice haven't spilled the beans.

Gunnar Longshanks' loyalty to his team isn't that unusual, look at all the Roos fans comments when Carey and Stevens had their fling-none of them believed it until it was made official.

It seems to me that the comparison needs to be made to the handling of Gardi and Cuz.

Michael, loose cannon, on his last chance, sent back to the tiggers to get his head together and come back with a new attitude.
Transgresses, gone.

Cuz, suspended, no training, no playing for Claremont, nothing.
Champion player, heart and soul of the club. The only thing that has saved him is 10 years or so of rip your guts out footy.
I wonder whether they are just hoping against hope he can pull it out of the fire.

No, Gunnar.
Most times two and two make four.

It seems to me that the comparison needs to be made to the handling of Gardi and Cuz.

Michael, loose cannon, on his last chance, sent back to the tiggers to get his head together and come back with a new attitude.
Transgresses, gone.

Cuz, suspended, no training, no playing for Claremont, nothing.
Champion player, heart and soul of the club. The only thing that has saved him is 10 years or so of rip your guts out footy.

An interesting comparison, but inevitably doesn't tell us much without knowing all the gory details of both blokes' activities.

An interesting comparison, but inevitably doesn't tell us much without knowing all the gory details of both blokes' activities.

True.
I just wonder if it is the publicity that's different.
Wrapping your high powered sports car around a pole is a lot harder to brush under the carpet, you know?

Was interesting listening to Damian Drum on PR tonight.
Probably the most sense the man has made.

I do not think it is fair to try and guess when he will be back or try and trivialise what he is going through right now. He is at a low ebb, he needs help to get through it and nobody knows how long that will take, it might be a short period, it might be a long period, it might be never.

Everyone wants to see him back playing but his personal health is paramount, his life has been football and destructive partying and sooner or later the football will over. He turns 29 in June, he has to build something lasting of his lie, something to go on with after football. It is important he resolves his issues.

I think everyone just needs to respect that he has issues and will need an unknown amount of time and not build pressure or expectation as to what he will do in the future.

The bottom line is NOBODY ACTUALLY KNOWS ANYTHING!

Do you people actually believe the media? Does anyone remember 9/11 and how wrong the media got all of that???? The media feed us anything and we will swallow it.

Well im not listening to the media. Cousins has been banned. Im confident he will go away, sort his life out and come back and play for us again sooner rather than later.

The media have BLOWN this story so far out of proportion it isnt funny. Cousins has his problems and I think he will sort them out. All this talk of Judd leaving, club in shambles, dissarray, season over crap is just that... crap. Three, i repeat three players have been named in any sort of trouble. Embley, Cousins and Chick.

The list has like 40 odd players on it, including guys like Glass, Wirrpanda, Judd etc etc... we will be fine and im sure Chick and Embley will both play round 1. Im sure Cousins will be back.

You ppl listen to the media and then read crap after crap on forums like this and let other ppl make up your minds with propaganda. I have NO IDEA what is going on with Ben Cousins, it might be drugs, it might be alcohol, it might be his breakup with the gf, it might be a 100 things all coming together and once, who knows what it is, i certainly dont know.

What i do know is that he is suspended and may or may not return. Im putting my money on a glorious return. In the meantime, Chick and Embers will get over it and we will carry on without Cousins.

He will return and this moment wont be looked upon badly, I think eventually it will be looked upon as the great turning point in Cousins' career.

Im behind Ben 110%. He has done SO much for the club that any of you lot bagging him out should be ashamed of yourselves.

Get well Cuz, we'll see you soon.

yeh have to agree, judging by how calm chicky sounded on the radio this morning i bet this turns out to be no more than a half effort by West Coast to show they are serious. The fact that West coast pursued chick and cuzz drug swabs shows me that they are quite confident nothing will be shown. Let's face it, West coast is a big business, it makes money off winning games. Even if they want to get rid of Cousins, they won't tarnish his name as it will lower his draft value.

This is all just my opinion, but I think Cousins probably needed a bit of time to get his life together, agreed to be the scapegoat and this is they hype its copped.

Anyone half agree?

Dont know which interview you heard with Chick. I heard one on Melbourne morning radio today and he did sound very confident. However to me it sounded like a fake macho act. He was too positive to be true.

No matter what has happened in this incident it seems obvious that Ben does struggle at times. I cannot see how Chick putting up a false front [if this this is the case] is going to help him to get better.

Too many friends of people who struggle with life think they are helping thier friends by being positive acting around them. Far better to talk deeply to their friends and be open and honest in how they treat them imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The timing sucks, but this is not the end of the world.

The media frenzy has amplified this latest episode, and has peddled the assumption that Cousins is a drug-addled degenerate.

Does anyone actually know the details of Cousins' situation?

Does anyone know why he has missed training?

Has he even failed a drug test yet?

Cousins will be back, and in the meantime, people should resist the temptation to throw in the towel. This will not destroy our club, and it won't be the end of Cousins.

You don't normally talk about drug rehab for taking Panadol. Don't any of you read The West Australian anymore?

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=77&ContentID=24124

Ben Cousins and his family were last night deciding whether the suspended Eagles star should undertake drug rehabilitation as part of his bid to resurrect his shattered AFL career.

Im behind Ben 110%. He has done SO much for the club that any of you lot bagging him out should be ashamed of yourselves.

Get well Cuz, we'll see you soon.[/QUOTE]

Jod your statement is fantastic but what you have said here is the exact way I have been thinking.

Benny has been a huge player for our club and will go down as one of the best ever Eagles in our history. THANKS BEN and we welcome you back as soon as you feel your ready.:thumbsu:

of course we're not turning on ben. hes done so much for the club, missed out on our early success period, went through the harder times in 00-01, kept getting better through 02-04 even though he was injured in 04, then returned in 05 to win the brownlow and last year he finally got his much deserved medal. hes a real gun for our footy club and we support him and want him back.

no way at all do i support getting rid of him or slagging him off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chins up - Cousins will be back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back