Toast Chins Up If We Lose Tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

IdDinglHisDangl

Draftee
Dec 15, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm gonna start this off with a fact most of you will already be aware of. But we have 10 players who have little to no finals experience playing in this series. These players are:

Hardwick
Burton
Sicily
Impey
Nash
Howe
Worpel
Mirra
Morrison
O'Meara

Now take a look at these players. All 10 of them have potential to be proven, consistent players for our club very soon. The fact that we've made it this far already, with a chance of making prelims is astonishing. And to think some of these players are still gelling into our footy club. Bloody Worpel is starting in centre bounce for us in a final in his first year, and Nash who just 2 years ago had zero experience of footy is now starting at full forward. How good do we have it with the list manager and coach that we have. Not to mention our training and medical staff that can patch O'Meara up no problems. We're back on the ups again in only our second season. And these players will be leading the way for us

I'm gonna start this off with a fact most of you will already be aware of. But we have 10 players who have little to no finals experience playing in this series. These players are:

Hardwick
Burton
Sicily
Impey
Nash
Howe
Worpel
Mirra
Morrison
O'Meara

Now take a look at these players. All 10 of them have potential to be proven, consistent players for our club very soon. The fact that we've made it this far already, with a chance of making prelims is astonishing. And to think some of these players are still gelling into our footy club. Bloody Worpel is starting in centre bounce for us in a final in his first year, and Nash who just 2 years ago had zero experience of footy is now starting at full forward. How good do we have it with the list manager and coach that we have. Not to mention our training and medical staff that can patch O'Meara up no problems. We're back on the ups again in only our second season. And these players will be leading the way for us
I don’t disagree with the sentiment but Jesus the timing is all wrong.

White flags are for nick Kyrgios, the French army and Fremantle football club.

Hardwick
Burton
Sicily
Impey
Nash
Howe
Worpel
Mirra
Morrison
O'Meara

And Melbourne have 20.

Hardwick
Burton
Sicily
Impey
Nash
Howe
Worpel
Mirra
Morrison
O'Meara

Love the sentiment attached to this post. But unfortunately, we are like to get the usual suspects wanting purge of the the entire club from the president to the boot studder. It’ll be ground hog day as sure as shit.

No white flags yet, but if you'd told me at the start of the year we'd blood decent new kids, have JOM play basically the whole year, make top 4, play 2 finals, recruit an A Grader at year's end and get Sam Mitchell back to the club, you would have exceeded my expectations by a mile. Still a lot to play out with the last two, but signs are good....

4E95676A-D940-4B2F-954A-47569302AC5A.jpeg 4376409E-33E8-49AC-8A01-C5B7FC6DD14B.jpeg CCE07032-494E-4A1B-8AAD-263B79F56B89.jpeg

The battle isn’t over until it’s over. We will never, ever contemplate defeat nor be over confident before battle. Respect thy opponent and be prepared for war.

No matter what happens tonight we should be very proud of what the mighty hawks have achieved this season. No one tipped us for the 8 and made the top 4. We are ahead of schedule.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently i'm a defeatist for acknowledging the possibility that we may lose tonight. This thread was never about the game ahead this was about the youth that we have prepared, so i don't get the complaints honestly

Tonight is no foregone conclusion, nothing in footy is but if we lose we lose, I still feel that it’s been a successful season, we have blooded some good youngsters and have seen some progression amongst others. The good thing is that it feels like we are well on track for an assault at our next flag and it feels like it might come sooner rather then later which is exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the only major negative that would come from losing tonight is the opportunity it would create for Geelong supporters to further bait us as straight setters

prefer the win obviously but the team has achieved much more this year than I expected

Also, if you told us that Cyril would retire mid-year and we still finish top 6, fantastic effort.
However, tonight we are in this up to our ears. Melbourne this year remind me of us in 2007....
Yes, but that Norf side was more experienced across the board.

Fun fact, Rosebury umpired that game too.

Hoping you guys absolutely destroy Melbourne tonight. Easily one of the clubs I hate the most. Plus every idiot in the melbourne media are trying their best to recreate this BS fairytale.

Knock them the **** out!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Chins Up If We Lose Tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back