Chocco/Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

chapmanmagic35

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I must give a big :thumbsu: to the way their club has approached this week.

For all the criticism and general banter we have given Chocco throughout the week, I really do think he is approaching the game magnificently.

Cool, calm and calculating, a bit of banter, having fun and soaking up the week.

They seem to be thriving upon the underdog status and enjoying the week for what it is.

Regardless of the result tomorrow, I am sure their supporters will also be appreciative of the way they have handled Grand Final week.

By no means is this a slur on my club - merely a comment related to the Power.

:thumbsu:

Thoughts?

For all the criticisam and general banter we have given Chocco throughout the week, I really do think he is approaching the game magnificently.

Cool, calm and calculating, a bit of banter, having fun and soaking up the week.

They seem to be thriving upon the underdog status and enjoying the week for what it is.

Regardless of the result tomorrow, I am sure their supporters will also be appreciative of the way they have handled Grand Final week.

Thoughts?

Well they've done it before cm35, they know exactly what to do so their preparation was always going to be smoother than the cats.

The cats have handled themselves fine but Port have been crafty and gaining supporters all week shown in the odds.

A good game is all ask for. :thumbsu:

his interview on tfs last night as a GF coach was first class. I think its the role a lot of the supporters have taken on as well, no expectation on us from the outside world, got the first one out of the way in 2004 to get the monkey off the back. You can ask any fan comparing 2007 to 2004 and they will tell you, they are enjoying the ride a lot more this year.

It's a welcome change from the usual grudge match tag that is attached to Grand Finals. There are two very exciting teams playing off for the big one and you can't ask for much more than that, it's all the ingredients for a great game

For all the criticism and general banter we have given Chocco throughout the week, I really do think he is approaching the game magnificently.

Thoughts?

Nice to see a thinking Cats supporter around here. :thumbsu:

For the record, while I'll be devastated and furious if we lose tomorrow, I would not in a million years begrudge the Geelong Football Club a long awaited premiership.

Some of their fans, however...

Williams is a cracking coach. Not the most affable character (in fact he annoys the crap out of many people) but boy does he know how to run a team.

I believe there truth in the finals mystique some clubs have: Port has it in spades and they will lift for the GF no doubt. Geelong are still favourites but Port's great club culture will go a long way to closing the gap.

Not to run down Thompson as a coach: he's built this list and the club has stuck by him: no-one is there by luck, they all seem to have earned their place.

2 fine sides with fine coaches: Geelong has the better players but I fancy Port has the better coach.

Good luck to both, and go Port!

I used to dislike chocco but he's really grown on me in the last few seasons.

He's not afraid to speak his mind and comes across as a really genuine person.

Williams is a great character, and the AFL would be poorer without him. He loves his club and backs his players to the hilt. He wears his heart on his sleeve and sometimes says things that get the back up of opposition supporters. If you're not the target of one his jibes, they normally are hilarious.

Also his stats as a coach are up with the very best of them. All power to Williams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Choco is a changed man.

Gone is the driven, anxious stealy bloke of 2002-4 and some big fat, relaxed, happy bloke has arrived.

Hope it helps the team - definitely a lot less tension this time around.

Choco is a ********.
So is Tredrea and C. Cornes.
I hope Geelong win by 50 points so we don't have to listen to those w***ers in the off season
Totally agree.Choco has always been a tool.And don't get me started on Tredrea and the Cornes boys.You failed to mention the Burgoynes as well.Screw them.
As a Carlton supporter I was looking forward to Geelong losing another GF but now that they are playing the Power....go pussy Cats!
LOng days and happy nights

I have been undecided about Williams for a long time. Pros and cons all over the shop. If Port pull this off though then whatever my misgivings I will have to accept he is a very good coach. 2 flags is 2 flags.

Choco is a ********.
So is Tredrea and C. Cornes.
I hope Geelong win by 50 points so we don't have to listen to those w***ers in the off season

50 points huh. That's one for almost every year since 1958.

1958 means anything to you, Collingwood supporter?

That's right, that's how far back you have to go to count your last 2 premierships, which is what we would have if/when we win tomorrow.

Totally agree.Choco has always been a tool.And don't get me started on Tredrea and the Cornes boys.You failed to mention the Burgoynes as well.Screw them.
As a Carlton supporter I was looking forward to Geelong losing another GF but now that they are playing the Power....go pussy Cats!
LOng days and happy nights

You looser!!!

I don't personally like the way Choco come across sometimes much but he has done an outstanding job with Port this year. When you look at the inexperience of the team you'd have to say win or lose tomorrow he has been the best coach this year (maybe with Laidley). Has handled the week well but that was expected he has been through this before. Geelong are not necessarily as nervous and testy as is being made out I just think they are trying to maintain intense focus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chocco/Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back