Autopsy Port v Crows - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sat August 17th 7:00pm (7:30 E) - (Adelaide Oval)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Houston isn't a dog but when a team preplans to go out and test the limits of roughing up the opposition, one of them is bound to get it wrong.
Houston consequently did and deserves 4+ weeks.

I just wonder if the umps got on top of things earlier, whether fewer of the Port players would have been so reckless. Very poor umpiring tonight encouraging both sides to get over zealous. Port because they had free reign and thought they could get away with anything and Crows because they were getting frustrated as ****.

Those campaigners can't umpire finals.

But a bump isnt illegal. His intention was to bump. The outcome made it potentially illegal in the event he is suspended.
Lol, it's illegal to concuss an opponent with a bump... not matter how you try to spin your BS.

The tribunal will confirm it this week.

Geelong lost to St Kilda.

Port and GWS are level on points. If Port lose and GWS win next week GWS will be second and Port will be third.

If both Port and GWS both win, it'll come down to how big each team wins.
I Forgot GWS were same points. If Geelong gain 80 points and a win. Port play Sydney

I just wonder if the umps got on top of things earlier, whether fewer of the Port players would have been so reckless. Very poor umpiring tonight encouraging both sides to get over zealous. Port because they had free reign and thought they could get away with anything and Crows because they were getting frustrated as ****.
You watched that game and thought Port were given free reign, and the Crows got the rough end?

But then again, you're a Melbourne fan and are probably thick enough to think that Dees got the rough end last week.

You watched that game and thought Port were given free reign, and the Crows got the rough end?

But then again, you're a Melbourne fan and are probably thick enough to think that Dees got the rough end last week.
That's some deep shit.

Houston isn't a dog but when a team preplans to go out and test the limits of roughing up the opposition, one of them is bound to get it wrong.
Houston consequently did and deserves 4+ weeks.

Those campaigners can't umpire finals.
It definitely didn't help the umpire not paying the mark to rozee and then the mark to bergman, that essentially led to a 2 goal turn around in the first minutes of the game and caused port fans to get angry, 7 - 1 frees for Adelaide in the first, then the tunnelling incidents, i have to admit, i was quite frustrated at half time, and if i was playing i would had less composure on the ground, so yes, these umpires do have some responsibility

to be clear. Houston attempted a LEGAL bump.

Your players clearly lost the plot.
Get a grip - this isn’t the 80s or even footy of 10-15 years ago. ‘Legal bumps’ that are ‘just hard footy’ do not exist in the current landscape - even not withstanding the outcome of a player getting concussed to the point of showing boxers arms (a sign of serious brain insult).

It was clearly a result of an intention to target Rankine, and will be adjudicated as such by the MRO.

Faux toughness would be Fogarty's attempts at payback throughout the rest of the game.
Would've loved to see Fog destroy Houston after that not gonna lie, fortunately he showed restraint, as a result he can hold his head high and won't feel deep regret and shame about tonight unlike tough guy Dan.

Pickett, Fiachi, Grainger, Houston who else can we add to the port hall of fame faux tough guys?

In fairness, I think it's easier to move on when it's your team mate doing the hitting vs being the team having your mate knocked into next week.

Port Power didn't really have anything to be angry about, the Crows did. Not to say its ok, just saying the teams emotion levels weren't on equal footing after that, regardless of coaching.
I think it was more that umpires were looking for the little snipes and faux tough guy acts to try and get the game back under control. Both clubs had been doing that all night, umpires were just looking for it so it got paid more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get a grip - this isn’t the 80s or even footy of 10-15 years ago. ‘Legal bumps’ that are ‘just hard footy’ do not exist in the current landscape - even not withstanding the outcome of a player getting concussed to the point of showing boxers arms (a sign of serious brain insult).

It was clearly a result of an intention to target Rankine, and will be adjudicated as such by the MRO.
We wont know until the tribunal. I hope they just outlaw the bump instead of being half arsed

Both sides had been doing it all night. Umpires were just looking for it after the Houston incident so more got paid. Butters had been mouthing off all night, Crouch was being a flog all night.
Angus Monfries mouthed off all the time as did Hayden Ballentine. Crows needed more dicipline

Would've loved to see Fog destroy Houston after that not gonna lie, fortunately he showed restraint, as a result he can hold his head high and won't feel deep regret and shame about tonight unlike tough guy Dan.

Pickett, Fiachi, Grainger, Houston who else can we add to the port hall of fame faux tough guys?
Powell-Pepper

That they did... but partly understandable given the umpires also lost control of the game.

I'm sure Port are proud they have changed the course of yet another game through thuggery.
The Crows were doing a bit of sniping earlier with Jones and Sweet having to go off for concussion assessments.

Houston will cop his penalty with his season over tonight and next year will also be impacted.

Rachele saying what we are all thinking
Rachele is incredibly confused.

He's missed the fact that the toothless morons in Adelaide are actually the Norther suburbs that are full of Crows fans.

Its just that the Crows actually hate most of the their fans, because most of them aren't the chardonnay set. Its why they've never had any club facilities for members.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Port v Crows - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sat August 17th 7:00pm (7:30 E) - (Adelaide Oval)

Back