Autopsy Port v Crows - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sat August 17th 7:00pm (7:30 E) - (Adelaide Oval)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A) Jones played on didn’t he? Or are you suggesting that your club has put a concussed player back on the field?

B) acting like those two incidents are in anyway comparable is laughable.
You've just highlighted the biggest issue with the MRO system. How badly a player is hurt should be irrelevant in determining guilt. A dog act is a dog act regardless of how badly hurt the player is. That a player is essentially shit at being a flog or smart enough to hold back doesn't make it any less of a dog act. By that argument if Rankine bounces back up then Houston has done nothing wrong even though the act is the same. How badly a player is hurt should only determine the length of the suspension.

So port are guaranteed 2 home finals now.. which make it even funnier when they go out in straight sets. Yet again.

Not quite yet. A GWS win against Dogs would mean they have to beat Freo. Two 50-50 games so probably very likely. Geelong could win by 1000 to bounce into the conversation but probably unlikely

But you won't care, as your team wont be there

I'll be laughing when you go out in straight sets knowing you still have another year signed up with kenny! And I would say I was hoping that someone could get Houston for us, but he won't be playing this year though either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've just highlighted the biggest issue with the MRO system. How badly a player is hurt should be irrelevant in determining guilt. A dog act is a dog act regardless of how badly hurt the player is. That a player is essentially shit at being a flog or smart enough to hold back doesn't make it any less of a dog act. By that argument if Rankine bounces back up then Houston has done nothing wrong even though the act is the same. How badly a player is hurt should only determine the length of the suspension.

I mostly agree.

I was referring to the need for a red card/send off. Rankine unable to play on because of a clearly suspendable act, Houston should be off.

And before anyone jumps down my throat about being biased. I said the exact same thing about Stewart and Prestia and will say the same thing about any other similar incident.

Thilthorpe’s incident was not cut and dry, you could argue he was moving towards the footy, you could argue it was intentional tunneling. I’d have to watch the replays before making a call.

More like your players lost the plot
That they did... but partly understandable given the umpires also lost control of the game.

I'm sure Port are proud they have changed the course of yet another game through thuggery.

Nope, could still end up playing the Qualifying Final away against GWS.
Only if Geelong and Port adjust by about 85 points
GWS need about 40 points I think

Never mind. Misread. That would see Port vs Sydney

I'll be laughing when you go out in straight sets knowing you still have another year signed up with kenny! And I would say I was hoping that someone could get Houston for us, but he won't be playing this year though either.
Not having another year with Kenny might be a blessing for them depending on who takes over

This is very true. Another mark against Nicks, wasn’t able to get us focussed back on the job.
In fairness, I think it's easier to move on when it's your team mate doing the hitting vs being the team having your mate knocked into next week.

Port Power didn't really have anything to be angry about, the Crows did. Not to say its ok, just saying the teams emotion levels weren't on equal footing after that, regardless of coaching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Port v Crows - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sat August 17th 7:00pm (7:30 E) - (Adelaide Oval)

Back