Magik

Senior List
Oct 17, 2006
I asked first!!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Woombidgie 3rds
Both Michael Malthouse and Mark Williams are out of contract at the end of the 07 season. If collingwood don't finish Top 4, Micky's gone! Mark Williams has always said that he would love to coach Collingwood one day...Perhaps the time is right for him to take the reigns in 2008?

Your thoughts?

(and i bring this up with OUR best interests in mind. Im not giving Mick the chop but I think 8 seasons would be long enough)

I totally agree. I have heard that Chocco wants to take over when he finishes his tenure at Port.
I believe that mick will resign as coach no matter where we finish next year.. Top four or bottom four - Micks last season is 2007 :cool:

Coin_Toss said:
Interesting. I have heard rumours as well. But I guarantee Port Adelaide won't "send packing" their favourite son in name.

Port got rid of one of their favourite sons in Cahill, they will get rid of Williams when the time suits.

As for sending packing, I'm sure there is a Scotts Removal Transport truck with Williams name on it

collingwood wont finish top 4. Because we are now rebuilding. So who ever brought that stupid comment up about making top 4 or he is gone is a fool. Collingwood will be between 7-13. And Mick is a great coach and he will be re-signed this year.

Choco does want to return to collingwood but it wont be as coach. And as it was stated by someone before on here, Nathan Buckley will be collingwoods next coach in 2010, thats my opinion.

The current Board will not put up with a mediocre season in '08 that has us scraping in, and in MY humble opinion these are some reasons why....

1.We pushed Top 4 this season without getting anything really out of our two key forwards....(we even had 2nd best points for)

2. After H&A we finished 5th on % and that was really based on our awesome first half of the season.

3. Some of our kids will have another year under them going into next year. Namely T. Cloke, Rusling, Egan, Thomas and Pendles.

4. Surely Rocca cant have 2 shocker's in a row.

5. Malthouse's new game-plan he introduced this season will be another year older and hopefully more effectively executed.

6. Fingers crossed a new face in the middle.

We can't just jump up one year and drop the next. We're not Melbourne...we're Collingwood...The most famous most powerful football club in this land. Im sick of being written off every year and i'm sick of underachieving. What? Do we need to rebuild everytime we finish Top 4 or 5... In the last 5 years, we've been primed according to MM 'clock' and had 2 rebuilding phases aswell. Now I hear some of you refer to us rebuilding again???? What tha? In theory, you should only begin to rebuild once you've dropped off the top of the mountain alla Brisbane, not everytime you make the 8.

Collingwood is slowly becoming the mediocore club that Eddie has been desperatley trying to avoid. If we don't improve on this year, Im afraid the Collingwood Footbal Club will have achieved mediocore status.

I could keep going on about WHY we shouldn't expect anything less than Top 4 next year...

Magik said:
The current Board will not put up with a mediocre season in '08 that has us scraping in, and in MY humble opinion these are some reasons why....
I’ve seen no evidence in the last 6 years to suggest that is the case but even if you are right wouldn’t 2008 be about 4 years too late? 2004 was very bad, 2005 was worse, 2006 was mediocre and now you talk about another 2 years before the board act? I’d hope they would change direction before but unfortunately I doubt it. Prior to the completion of the previous all encompassing review that achieved nothing the president and the CEO said the coach was the best option and was staying. Since then he has taken us all they way from 15th to 7th although I am sure it will be 5th when they praise the season at the AGM.
Magik said:
Im sick of being written off every year and i'm sick of underachieving.
Me too. We seem in a minority though or at least the definition of underachieving seems to have been tempered by our underachievement to be now relative to our lack of success. That is a dead end.
Magik said:
Collingwood is slowly becoming the mediocore club that Eddie has been desperatley trying to avoid. If we don't improve on this year, Im afraid the Collingwood Footbal Club will have achieved mediocore status.
We are already mediocre and we won’t cease to be mediocre until we become a lot more demanding and ruthless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guy McKenna is next pies Head Coach, Then maybe Bucks!

magpies42 said:
thats funny considering the recent stoushes btw him and eddie

I think you will find most of the "Chocho wants to coach Collingwood" talk is just that .... talk. Obviously money always talks ... but I couldn't see him leaving Port for Collingwood unless there was a huge financial incentive ... or he had a falling out at Port.

HugeBluesFan said:
IMO, he's a pretty good coach. Has done pretty well with Port Adelaide.

Tosser - Yes

Can he coach - Yes

Who cares if he is a tosser... Im sure most collingwood supporters would toss him off if he won us a flag :p
You need abit of arrogance and flare in a coach.. Mick has unfortunately lost that part of his repertoire .. His health issues have got the better of him

Malibu#27 said:
I think you will find most of the "Chocho wants to coach Collingwood" talk is just that .... talk. Obviously money always talks ... but I couldn't see him leaving Port for Collingwood unless there was a huge financial incentive ... or he had a falling out at Port.

good you can keep him!!!! he is a hack!

Believe me Choco has been chomping at the bits to coach collingwood since he won the flag with Port.Port like collingwood whether we acknowledge it or not have got a special affinity with each other and both clubs have got a long history together.Before port became an afl club they were the Magpies of adelaide and had won countless premierships in their own state.Many port adelaide players became collingwood players years ago.Such as the mighty greg phillips,richardson,Mark choco williams and our own Nathan Buckley just to amke afew.Port have always produced champions like Bradley (don't know how he went to carlton )should have been a collingwood player so the rest is history.My dad would always tell me that back in 70's when a port player wanted to play league footy in most cases he went to collingwood.Choco gave his heart and soul for the Pies.Was a great hard player during the eighties and was our captain during the 81 grand final.Again we lost that one but choco tryed his heart out.He didn't win a premiership then,so now he will come back and use his talent as a great coach to win a flag.MM window of opportunity has gone.His chance was 2002-2003.Plus another reason choco will come over is that the main sponsor of port who owns the transport company doesn't get along with him.He has been trying to get rid of choco for years.Remember choco 's first words when port won the flag..........you were wrong!So choco made that guy eat his words.If the oppotunity came along Choco will be at collingwood and who knows who he might bring with him.Maybe laide and Tredrea.COME BACK TO THE PIES CHOCO THERE'S A JOB TO BE DONE HERE MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daics cousin said:
Believe me Choco has been chomping at the bits to coach collingwood since he won the flag with Port.Port like collingwood whether we acknowledge it or not have got a special affinity with each other and both clubs have got a long history together.Before port became an afl club they were the Magpies of adelaide and had won countless premierships in their own state.Many port adelaide players became collingwood players years ago.Such as the mighty greg phillips,richardson,Mark choco williams and our own Nathan Buckley just to amke afew.Port have always produced champions like Bradley (don't know how he went to carlton )should have been a collingwood player so the rest is history.My dad would always tell me that back in 70's when a port player wanted to play league footy in most cases he went to collingwood.Choco gave his heart and soul for the Pies.Was a great hard player during the eighties and was our captain during the 81 grand final.Again we lost that one but choco tryed his heart out.He didn't win a premiership then,so now he will come back and use his talent as a great coach to win a flag.MM window of opportunity has gone.His chance was 2002-2003.Plus another reason choco will come over is that the main sponsor of port who owns the transport company doesn't get along with him.He has been trying to get rid of choco for years.Remember choco 's first words when port won the flag..........you were wrong!So choco made that guy eat his words.If the oppotunity came along Choco will be at collingwood and who knows who he might bring with him.Maybe laide and Tredrea.COME BACK TO THE PIES CHOCO THERE'S A JOB TO BE DONE HERE MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

umm i heard from a number of different magpie supporters that he only came for the money, not because he loved the club, many people from the early 80s all came to collingwood for one thing, money, and he was one of them

njac3 said:
The next coach of collingwood first name starts with N and ends in Buckley,

in 2 years time
why, just because he is a great player doesnt mean he will get the head coaching job, he will have to do his time as an assistant coach and its probably better if he does that with another team, he may not want to coach he may be quite happy in the media and raising a family without going grey early and having all that crap from the media in your face 24/7

Our next coach is Guy McKenna. Wayne Carey even said that he is a great coach and I think he can win us a flag

heathshaw39 said:
Our next coach is Guy McKenna. Wayne Carey even said that he is a great coach and I think he can win us a flag
lol @ Wayne Carey....
there is no chance of that happening

Remove this Banner Ad

Chocco Williams to take over in '08

Remove this Banner Ad

Back