chris connolly>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mark Harvey

Remove this Banner Ad

Harvey wasn't responsible for the monumental Tarrant or Croad stuff ups, nor for the Josh Carr, Farmer and Headland trades. They were all Connolly.

So far Harvey hasn't made a single trade, and has brought in Palmer, Hinkley and Mayne. He did draft Bradley and Mark Johnson though.

I see Harvey as a coach making strange moves like not putting numbers back when Melbourne were getting a run on or moving BOB out of defense and replacing him with Mundy or MJ. Could be they are just experimenting and seeing where players are at. Strange selections too like not picking Josh Head (a defender) with two defenders out but playing BOB in defense when he normally plays midfield. On the other hand tactical moves against Geelong seemed good and coaching was not the reason for that narrow loss.

But.. In terms of gradually changing the fact some players shirk the hard yards, moving them on if they do and not trading away picks and young players then Harvey is the man for the job. As long we start doing that then I no longer care about the results this season.

no matter who is coach freo are just over rated and play SHIT

I think it does, and has. The under achieving started/established itself under Connolly and Harvey has only had 1/3 of a year and an one off season to change it. I'm not a fan of how Harvey is handling some of it right now (being a sook, making too many excuses for players) but let's give him a chance. I doubt he will take garbage week after week like Connolly and within a month he will start really weeding out the duds and perhaps sacrificing wins/competitiveness this year for youth.

The biggest reason for Freo's misfortune is Cameron Schwab and then CC. Schwab did well on the business side of things and that's fine. After all that's why he was brought into the club. But, unlike other CEO's, he started sticking his nose into the footy dept. Fabien Francis, Trent Croad, Tarrant....that's all Schwab's ____-ups.

I think it does, and has. The under achieving started/established itself under Connolly and Harvey has only had 1/3 of a year and an one off season to change it. I'm not a fan of how Harvey is handling some of it right now (being a sook, making too many excuses for players) but let's give him a chance. I doubt he will take garbage week after week like Connolly and within a month he will start really weeding out the duds and perhaps sacrificing wins/competitiveness this year for youth.

I think in fact harvey will sacrifice wins for comeptitiveness. If players dont compete or show desire he wont pick them, i think this will be revolutionary at freo. We will look back at all of these harvey threads like we look back now at all the mark thompson/mark williams ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

chris connolly>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mark Harvey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back