Chris Judd and Nathan Buckley: Who's better at their best

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantastic, you ignore my points and go on some little rant. I'm not at all surprised.

I raise points.

You bitch about so called bias. Protip, hating a certain club is a form of bias.

I am sorry but you need to see the world in more than black and white.

Buckley was a good kick, but not exceptional.

There are plenty of players who kick as well or better than Buckley.

Buckley lost efficiency around 50 metres.

Some current players who are equal or better kicks.

Josh Drummond
Stewart Dew
Luke Hodge
Brendan Goddard
Lindsay Gilbee
Jason Akermanis
Nathan Brown (Richmond)

and there would be others.

I sincerely fear for your mental health. Is it Alzheimers? I hear Sudoku and cross words are good mind stimulation.

Buckley:thumbsu:

Im not doubting that Judd is a superstar and IMO the best player in the comp atm but at the end of Judd's career when compared to Buckley as a player Bucks will be better.

Its funny how people forget how damn good the bloke was.

He had elite kicking skills - i cant believe the muppet in this thread saying his kicking was average compared to some other players...... :rolleyes:

Buckley is a better kick than Judd, Stronger mark than Judd, Better Goalkicker than Judd, Averages more clearances.....
Judd has him for pace though.

As i said this is not an attack on Judd so carlton supporters dont get upset im just saying i believe Bucks rules here.

I am sorry but you need to see the world in more than black and white.

Buckley was a good kick, but not exceptional.

There are plenty of players who kick as well or better than Buckley.

Buckley lost efficiency around 50 metres.

Some current players who are equal or better kicks.

Josh Drummond
Stewart Dew
Luke Hodge
Brendan Goddard
Lindsay Gilbee
Jason Akermanis
Nathan Brown (Richmond)

and there would be others.

YOUR A ****ING CLOWN

Seriously i know we are hated but come on give this guy what he derserves Bucks would rip games open in the Middle always was tagged didnt have the benefit of playing in star Midfields could go Forward and kick goals and could go back and do a job on someone like CAREY

Buckley was the best kick of the football over about 7 years ring SEN and ask them who was the best kick of the football during that period all will say Buckley hands down even those two bias fools Andy Maher and Fatty Brownless

He would still go down in a handfull of players to be one of the best kicks in the Modern Era

Blokes like Gilbee and Drummond are great kicks but they get it in the back pocket and have plenty time to get it right Bucks was running flat out getting it out of the centre and smashing it down someones throats

Has Gilbee or Drummond ever got a centre clearance

Not one of those players you named above were pure Mids expect probally Aker

YOUR A ****ING CLOWN

Seriously i know we are hated but come on give this guy what he derserves Bucks would rip games open in the Middle always was tagged didnt have the benefit of playing in star Midfields could go Forward and kick goals and could go back and do a job on someone like CAREY

Buckley was the best kick of the football over about 7 years ring SEN and ask them who was the best kick of the football during that period all will say Buckley hands down even those two bias fools Andy Maher and Fatty Brownless

He would still go down in a handfull of players to be one of the best kicks in the Modern Era

Blokes like Gilbee and Drummond are great kicks but they get it in the back pocket and have plenty time to get it right Bucks was running flat out getting it out of the centre and smashing it down someones throats

Agree 100%

I still remember when he went back and played CHB on Carey and gave him a bath... gee i would love to see Judd try and go back and play on Franklin:eek:

And to have Nathan Brown in there among the best kicks is kinda funny Buckleys opposite would hit more targets than Brownys preferred.

You are right in saying that because he played for Collingwood and he was a so called "figjam" people will overlook how ELITE he actually was.

Rubbish. Buckley had elite kicking efficiency. Even rated by one comentator (forget which one - wasn't Eddie, Christian or BT for the record) as the best field kick of all time. His ability to find a player in a crowd of people was freaky.

Thats one commentator lol.

You cant really measure up his kick against anyones. When he played the game wasnt as fast paced as it was and what its going to be.

YOUR A ****ING CLOWN

You define exactaly what Magpie supporters act like. Been to the dentist lately?

Nathan Buckley was an exceptional player but he was never the best kick in the AFL and at their bests, I think Chris Judd is probably better.

Translation: I hate Judd. I've seen it in multiple threads.. this is just the latest comical installment.

Bucks was a very gifted natural footballer, though I would rather Judd in my team due to his superior clearance/contested possesion ability. I would rather a fully fit and in form Judd than any midfielder of the last 20 years.
Post 3 in the thread.

Kindly point me to where I said that.
You would rather Judd based on superior clearance/contested possesion ability.

Again, I never said Buckley couldn't get a clearance. I simply said that Judd was better.

Yet, Buckley in 2003 set the record for clearances in a season.....the only player to average 7+ clearances per game for an entire season.

The reason why I said I wasn't that interested in your stats, is because stats are overrated, and can be manipulated to tell whatever story you like. In fact, just about the only stat with reference to either of these two players, that has ever attracted my attention, is funnily enough a clearance stat of Judd's. I can't remember what it was exactly, but I'm fairly sure that in years that he has been fit and in form, say, '05, '06, first half of '07 and this year for example, he has led the comp for average cleances by about 2 per game... somewhere around 6.5 per game compared to the next best of 4.5 or something like that. Why don't you do the research - you seem quite adept at pulling up stats.

I have, Buckley in 2003 was better clearance wise than Judd has ever been...even when Judd was fit in 05,06 he wasn't as good as Buckley!

Most people who have voted Judd, like me, would probably just be doing it on instinct, having witnessed, and remembered, just how scintillating and brilliant Judd's best was. He wasn't regarded as being potentially one of the greatest players of ALL TIME, back in 2005 and 2006 etc, for no reason. As I said earlier, take a look at the poll results.

Most people prob think Judd has the record for clearances in a season.....he doesn't!!

Most people are sheep!

When I saw this poll, I couldn't believe how quickly I thought Buckley. Judd is a great player, but Buckley was something else. People who don't rate his kicking or overall game should go hire a few tapes.

Probably playing favourites as Bucks is one of my all time favourite players and even made Collingwood watchable.

Post 3 in the thread.
You would rather Judd based on superior clearance/contested possesion ability.

Try again. Point me to where I said Buckley was a soft, outside type of player.

Then, explain why Judd is leading this poll by almost 2 to 1. Don't keep giving me a stat from 2003. Just explain why Buckley was better, in qualitative terms, than Judd.

I still remember when he went back and played CHB on Carey and gave him a bath... .

When did that happen exactly? Please don't say 2002 or something lol.

I remember reading an article a week before the Pies played North, perhaps in '98 or '99 or thereabouts, touting a clash between Bucks and Carey. The premise of the article was that Bucks could potentially play on Carey, and was Carey's challenger to the mantle of best player in the comp. Carey towelled him and the article seemed utterly ridiculous in hindsight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buckley.

People sure do have short memories.

The people who have short memories are those who can't remember how good Judd was in '05, '06 and the first half of '07. It follows that these people don't recall that he was so good many thought he'd go down in history with the top 10 players of all time, should he avoid major injury interruptions throughout his career.

I wonder how many players can have non stop hamstring injuries in the twilight of their career, and be able to come back right away and kick over 50 metres with penetration and accuracy still.

Not even going to bother describing Buckley's kicking in his prime. Absolute brilliance.

Buckley could play a KP role far more effectively than Judd. would ever be able to.
Far better overhead mark, better set shot.

Judd probably just shades him in inside work, but only marginally, as well as pace/accelaration. Buckley was stronger.

When did that happen exactly? Please don't say 2002 or something lol.

I remember reading an article a week before the Pies played North, perhaps in '98 or '99 or thereabouts, touting a clash between Bucks and Carey. The premise of the article was that Bucks could potentially play on Carey, and was Carey's challenger to the mantle of best player in the comp. Carey towelled him and the article seemed utterly ridiculous in hindsight.

97/98 cant be too sure... i have it on tape though god bucks played a blinder.
nah not 2002 when carey was a shadow of his former self when he was the great CHF we remember him as.

You must not have seen it balls:thumbsdown:

You define exactaly what Magpie supporters act like. Been to the dentist lately?

Nathan Buckley was an exceptional player but he was never the best kick in the AFL and at their bests, I think Chris Judd is probably better.

Love the Stereotype

So if im a typical toothless pie supporter

You must be a typical shit kicker from the Western suburbs that hangs out at Highpoint shopping centre

Have all my teeth but i did get a filling not long ago god i must be a scum

You have no clue if you dont think Buckley has ELITE foot skills i might be bias thinking Buckley is better but im not when it comes to his foot skills

But do you think Judd is better then Hird and Voss because most people have Buckley up there with Hird and Voss and i think those 3 are all very close together

97/98 cant be too sure... i have it on tape though god bucks played a blinder.
nah not 2002 when carey was a shadow of his former self when he was the great CHF we remember him as.

You must not have seen it balls:thumbsdown:

I suppose I could probably Youtube it... if it's indeed such a great performance of a midfielder on the great Wayne Carey, it's bound to be on there.

of all the clubs to pull out a stereotype joke its the dogs lol
take a look at your own bunch

I suppose I could probably Youtube it... if it's indeed such a great performance of a midfielder on the great Wayne Carey, it's bound to be on there.
Yeh....coz that happens doesn't it.

You always see youtube videos of defensive jobs.....

Go find me ONE youtube video dedicated to a single good defensive job in a game.

Yeh....coz that happens doesn't it.

You always see youtube videos of defensive jobs.....

Go find me ONE youtube video dedicated to a single good defensive job in a game.

Fair point

Unless its a big mark you wont find one some people on this website just know it all

The people who have short memories are those who can't remember how good Judd was in '05, '06 and the first half of '07. It follows that these people don't recall that he was so good many thought he'd go down in history with the top 10 players of all time, should he avoid major injury interruptions throughout his career.

Well that makes complete sense. If they can't remember that then there is no way they could remember Buckley you twat.

You're an absolute muppet mate, get your hand off it.

Well that makes complete sense. If they can't remember that then there is no way they could remember Buckley you twat.

You're an absolute muppet mate, get your hand off it.

Lol, you're a classic. Someone mentioned short memories, and I illustrated how it works both ways, given that Judd's best is, funnily enough, also in the past, just like Buckley's.

Thankyou nonetheless, for your profound insight into the logic of memory function! It was a real eye opener:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Judd and Nathan Buckley: Who's better at their best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back