Chris Judd leaving WCE: OFFICIAL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Judd turns back on Eagles

I think if Judd was to leave he would want West Coast to get compensated without drastically weakening his new team. He might ask West Coast to just demand a first round draft pick and a second tier player. That way West Coast would get something (not worth what Judd is) and the club Judd goes to would still have the players to work with Judd.
You might be onto something here. Everyone else it seems is willing to sell off everything to recruit Judd, yet no point having Judd when there is nothing for him to work with.

Tony Shaw just said for the scum to get Judd they would have to give up:

Their first round pick + Kepler Bradley + Courtney Johns

:D :D :D
An option might be Johns/Bradley and our 3rd round pick to the Dogs for their first pick. Then trade the leftover player and Picks 5 and 6.

Tony Shaw just said for the scum to get Judd they would have to give up:

Their first round pick + Kepler Bradley + Courtney Johns

:D :D :D
Nearly as bad as some carlton fan ringing up and suggesting.Pick 3 and Whitnall:eek::D.Lmao

Clubs would want to do a physical before signing him... is that groin completely buggered?

The Eagles have run him into the ground without any thoughts to the man's long term well being. Why would they care? They knew he wasnt going to stay.

The Eagles have run him into the ground without any thoughts to the man's long term well being. Why would they care? They knew he wasnt going to stay.

rubbish...he's never indicated whether he's staying or going and he's the one putting his hand up to play, how the **** is that our fault if he wants to don the boots and play? If he says he's right then that's him making the call. He still hasn't indicated his intentions and the article is not based on anything other than assumption.

rubbish...he's never indicated whether he's staying or going and he's the one putting his hand up to play, how the **** is that our fault if he wants to don the boots and play? If he says he's right then that's him making the call. He still hasn't indicated his intentions and the article is not based on anything other than assumption.

Same as the Mike Sheehan article

His rational is

"His refusal to re-commit at any time over the last 12 months has pointed to a return to Melbourne".

Judd has mentioned on several occasions over the last few years that he won't sign till after the end of the season due to his form dip the last time contract negotiations were done mid season.

It's drawing a long bow to suggest that he is more likely to leave than stay on that basis.

Re: chris judd rumour - back to vic???

i just can't see how the pies will get him......their first pick aint til like 11 or something and they would have to give up one of pendlebury or thomas or maybe even both to get judd......their senior players are too old and past their best.......the tigers and blues are definitely in the best position to get judd, without doubt

I think you've forgotten Essendon. They also have a juicy draft pick, plus lots of good forwards - both young and old. They're probably not in a great position to replace Judd with a midfielder at West Coast, but I think the Eagles would be just as happy with a quality forward or two plus a good draft pick. The 'Dons are cashed up if needs be, too - and could be a very good option for Judd if he's looking for a powerful and financially stable club.

I assume your not comparing Des Headland that merchant banker seagull to Chris Judd. Chris Judd could play at Carlton and get them within striking distance of the finals with Stevens. No wait that is impossible. He's not Jesus.:D

I know you are all het up about Juddy leaving but perhaps you might like to try reading the posts before you start spluttering.

No one is disputing Chris Judd's ability. Mkay?

If we all can see that he is clearly injured an nowhere at all near his best, why can't the Eagle's coaching staff? Is he so integral to the team that they won't win without him? If he is so important to the corporation why wasn't his long term fitness protected?

I suspect they knew his groin would be someone else's problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

let me start by saying im a west coast supporter through and through, but i personally think this could be a great time to trade judd, for several reasons:
1. i dont want to be a liverpool supporter: blessed with one of the most talented players in the comp on my list, but can never get his body right: harry kewell syndrome may have hit juddy, i sure as hell hope not, but my news is its a hole in there, the same as the one and only haz

2. it could be a great time to get mark williams or another ff to the club. how good would it be to see an awesome ff in the wc line up. with that quality and quantity of pill (no pun) that gets pumped in there, someone like williams or fev could more than likely coast into a 100 goals in a season

3. even if it wasnt a ff, west coast could further assert there authority as the most dangerous team in the next decade if they picked up even more young stars. imagine adding any young class like simpson or griffen to a wc sqad already bursting at the seams with young talent. it would be both exciting and fruitful

4. Finally, it would be good to see juddy get away from the likes of cousins, kerr and lynch. these boys are bad news...maybe he'll be even better without their influence on his life

4. Finally, it would be good to see juddy get away from the likes of cousins, kerr and lynch. these boys are bad news...maybe he'll be even better without their influence on his life

Please.

If these guys are "bad news", do you honestly think any club in any sport in any part of the world has players that aren't "bad news"?

I seem to recall many Carlton fans stating that the loss of early draft picks a few years back due to the penalties is part of the reason you guys are struggling now.

So with that in mine do Carlton fans think it is a great idea to possibly give up picks 1 & 3 in the draft for one player even if it is Judd?

Kennedy can't be traded either. So leaves Fevola and this unknown Bower and pick 3.

If we all can see that he is clearly injured an nowhere at all near his best, why can't the Eagle's coaching staff? Is he so integral to the team that they won't win without him? If he is so important to the corporation why wasn't his long term fitness protected?

I suspect they knew his groin would be someone else's problem.

If you had been paying attention, medical staff had cleared him to play because they deemed that playing would not cause long term damage to the area. I think medical professionals would know more about the injury than you.

But don't let the facts get in a way of your suspicions.

Kennedy can't be traded either.

Why? If a player is happy to go he can be traded. Contracted players can only not be traded if the don't agree to the trade. But that applies to un-contracted players as well.

Thought a player who signs a contract in the previous 12 months can not be traded?

l
2. it could be a great time to get mark williams or another ff to the club. how good would it be to see an awesome ff in the wc line up. with that quality and quantity of pill (no pun) that gets pumped in there, someone like williams or fev could more than likely coast into a 100 goals in a season

Judd's groin for Williams knee. Hawthorn have spent much of the last 3-4 years trying to fix the salary cap problems they had created, mostly through the agency of long back ended contracts, I doubt Hawthorn would think they could get involved in a huge contract for Chris Judd. Now before any Eagles fans start gnashing their teeth, I am NOT comparing Judd to Nick Holland.

Holland couldn't physically get it done in the last two years of his five year contract and in his last season he made nearly 700k to play 2 games and a handful at Box Hill. While I am sure Judd would provide value over five years, there is a good reason that clubs don't offer big deals any more. In a contact sport like AFL, it is impossible to predict what toll it will take.

Lynch and Williams would be quite a combination, but I have the feeling that 'Buddy's Box' will have a change next season.

In: Williams
Out: Dixon

I seem to recall many Carlton fans stating that the loss of early draft picks a few years back due to the penalties is part of the reason you guys are struggling now.

So with that in mine do Carlton fans think it is a great idea to possibly give up picks 1 & 3 in the draft for one player even if it is Judd?
No, we must keep pick 1. I am 80% sure we must keep Fevola and Kennedy too. There will be some pain on both sides I am sure, regardless of how others rate our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back