Chris Judd leaving WCE: OFFICIAL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Judd turns back on Eagles

There's one reason why the Eagles would be silly to trade him to a club in the eight like Collingwood - they will be increasing the club they trade him to's chance of premierships in the next three years, which is the same time frame that the eagles are aiming for premierships in. If Collingwood beat West Coast in the grand final next year with Judd in the side, then people will be asking if it was a wise move to trade him. They would be better off letting him go to Richmond in the pre-season draft where he won't be a chance of playing in a premiership for five years. Port were criticised for doing it with Nick Stevens but they won the premiership the next year and Stevens may never play in a premiership.

Carlton. Your first and second picks aswell we are talking Judd. God knows who we'd want from that list maybe Carazzo? As for Fevola maybe who knows?

I'd expect picks #1 & #3 from Carlton.
And no, its not paying over the odds. Judd is a proven gun and probably one of the best players of the modern era. Draft picks are nothing more than speculation.

Gibbs was the #1 pick in the strongest draft ever, and is nowhere near the player Judd was at the same age (despite having 2 years senior footy experience in the SANFL, while Judd had 2 years of no experience due to shoulders).

Andrew Walker at #2 is looking like an average player and nothing more. Josh Kennedy & Marc Murphy look the goods, but yet again not in the Judd mould.

Carlton needs to think if picks #1 and #3 are going to serve them better than Judd. I would argue not.

Judd can say stuff it all, just go into the draft put a massive price tag on himself and go to the club of his choice, now that would be good to see.:D:D

3. Goes through to the PSD and ends up at Richmond. While it would be great to snare Judd I doubt this will happen. The Eagles will want to snare something for Judd and unless Richmond are prepared to part with pick 2 and some of their best young talent we have no real hope of snaring him via a trade. As with Carlton, Judd is not going to solve Richmond's problems on his own. I see this as about a 5% chance of occuring.

PSD only happens if the player is intent on screwing his old club over as well as leaving. Judd doesn't seem like the type.

I'd expect picks #1 & #3 from Carlton.
And no, its not paying over the odds. Judd is a proven gun and probably one of the best players of the modern era. Draft picks are nothing more than speculation.

Gibbs was the #1 pick in the strongest draft ever, and is nowhere near the player Judd was at the same age (despite having 2 years senior footy experience in the SANFL, while Judd had 2 years of no experience due to shoulders).

Andrew Walker at #2 is looking like an average player and nothing more. Josh Kennedy & Marc Murphy look the goods, but yet again not in the Judd mould.

Carlton needs to think if picks #1 and #3 are going to serve them better than Judd. I would argue not.

Keep him.

LMAO. All year I have been hearing what a "hack" Kennedy is from Eagle fans, now you want him as part of a trade that will never happen.

You can keep Judd :thumbsu:
Read the last sentence.

To all the Eagle fans looking for what picks and players you "want" from the Blues, I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

You really should be looking at what you will get from the Magpies. There is no way in hell, Eddie is going to let Judd get away from the Pies. It will be his legacy.

T

To Hawks: Buddy in return will be fine

To Woods: Pendles in return will be fine

To Dons: Gumby & 1st Pick in return will be fine

To Saints: Riewoldt in return will be fine

To Blues: Pick 1 & 3 & Kennedy in return will be fine BUT will settle for Fev & Pick 3

To Kangas: Hansen & 1st & 2nd Pick will be fine

To Cats: Corey & 1st Pick will be fine

To Dees: Pick 4 & PP (or 2nd pick) & a young gun

To Tigers: Pick 2 & Deledio will be fine

To Dogs: Have nothing of great desire.

ALL of this is Hypothetical of course and i doubt any of them will happen.

Should have left the last line out; it detracts from the comedy of the rest of the post. What discount would clubs get for the Eagles playing him injured and perhaps shortening his career?

I'm not trying to be smart here but would a deal involving Coughlan+Pettifer and pick 18 be as good as Carlton giving up their 2 first round picks & Kennedy? Both players are proven at AFL level although I will admit Coughlan has been hit by injury. Would it be in the Eagles interest to gain proven players rather than 2 picks in the draft that may or may not make it at AFL level.

Do you guys reckon that if he is to move back to his home state, that he won't play as well without the skill of Cousins and Kerr along side him?

I've seen players who have played brilliant at their first club, before wanting to move to their home town before playing not so good as they used to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not trying to be smart here but would a deal involving Coughlan+Pettifer and pick 18 be as good as Carlton giving up their 2 first round picks & Kennedy? Both players are proven at AFL level although I will admit Coughlan has been hit by injury. Would it be in the Eagles interest to gain proven players rather than 2 picks in the draft that may or may not make it at AFL level.

LMAO, try again. And here is a hint, stick Deludio in the deal.

PSD only happens if the player is intent on screwing his old club over as well as leaving. Judd doesn't seem like the type.
Thats why I suggest it is only a 5% chance of happening. The only thing that would increase the chances is if Judd is set on leaving and the Eagles can't get a deal that they want and Judd then decides he still does not want to play for them then he has no other option but to go into the draft.

Do you guys reckon that if he is to move back to his home state, that he won't play as well without the skill of Cousins and Kerr along side him?

I've seen players who have played brilliant at their first club, before wanting to move to their home town before playing not so good as they used to.
Not to mention Cox and Embley too....

He will struggle compared to his best if he is playing in a hopeless side.

These sides thrown up here generally have useless ruckmen for him to feed off.

Should have left the last line out; it detracts from the comedy of the rest of the post. What discount would clubs get for the Eagles playing him injured and perhaps shortening his career?
Players play injured all the time?

You really dont think a player is 100% fit for all 22 games do you?

Des Headland

Q: Can West Coast win a premiership without C. Judd in 2008?
Yes.
Q: Will losing Chris Judd still allow West Coast to play finals (and hence possibly win a flag) between 2008 and 2011?
Yes.
Q: Will freeing up 600k in the salary cap allow West Coast to keep the rest of their playing group together over the next three years?
Yes.

There are some advantages for the Eagles in Judd leaving, especially over the long-term.

Rubbish. No player is worth that much.

2 first round picks would be enough. Or a high pick (1-3) and a very good player.

No. 2 first round picks is not enough a high pick and a very good player i.e the best developing midfielder from the club in question might swing it.

Firstly, Carlton aren't allowed to trade their priority (pick #1) are they?

Secondly, West Coasts window is now, and there is little dispute that they are in desperate need of a key forward target, already made and ready to go right now. No young kids, a genuine proven forward.

To me, the stars are aligning towards a Fev + Pick #3 for Judd. There wont be salary cap dramas, Carlton can accommodate him financially, surely.

This of course depends if Judd demands a certain club, but IMO something like this will be the deal. If he goes to Collingwood, at the very least Cloke would have to go across you'd think.

West Coast will get top dollar for him. The market will drive his value, regardless of his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back