Chris Judd leaving WCE: OFFICIAL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Judd turns back on Eagles

Let's face it. He's not going to be able to find his way to a club that has a realistic chance of success in the next 5 years, plus he's going to cost another club a fortune if they want him. It all leads to him staying at West Coast for a long time to come. I'd be surprised if he goes anywhere.

It depends on how much he wants to get paid, I think the Pies would have to lose a fair bit of talent to squeeze him in if he expects to earn anywhere near market value and he would be a fool not to ask it given he doesn't know how long he can play at his peak, this is the period he has to earn the bulk of his money from football.
Nope, we got a ton of room in our cap, we had space already and let go 600k last season

We can afford him but dont know what they would want, have a couple of excess KPP available, if he was rated as much outside Collingwood as some supporters then surely the eagles would accept Maxwell + 1st rounder? :D

Nope, we got a ton of room in our cap, we had space already and let go 600k last season

We can afford him but dont know what they would want, have a couple of excess KPP available, if he was rated as much outside Collingwood as some supporters then surely the eagles would accept Maxwell + 1st rounder? :D
Pendlebury + Thomas/Cloke.

Paddy Ryder + Kepler Bradely + first round draft pick FOR Judd.

That has to be enough - considering WC can lose the player for nothing!!!

Essendon will get him.

250,000 playing salary
1.25 million coaching salary.

Captain/coach - Judd.

Lovett will take up more cap space than Judd. :thumbsu:

How the hell would this clown know? I'm sure the only people who know are the people close to Judd ie his family,close friends, team mates and manager. Unless the manager has sold him out this is rubbish.
If I were a betting man, I'd say his manager has had a quiet word with certain journalists.

juDD will some to norf melboune!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsu:

Judd is a great player, but I hope he stays at the Eagles.

If he decides to leave, then whoever get's him is going to have to give up a hell of a lot to get him. Carlton unfortunately would be one of the favourites to get him.

I don't really want to;

a) Pay Judd over a million a year, it will just come back to stufff you up in the future. Would be like Kouta all over again.

b) West Coast would want our top picks, which is fair enough. But I'd personally prefer just to use the picks and develop the young kids.

With question marks also over Judd's injuries, I'm not sure it's all worth it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With question marks also over Judd's injuries, I'm not sure it's all worth it.
Same here. I'm very worried we'll throw away really valuable picks over this. Hopefully Ratten and Hughes are smart about this.

It is more the growth factor. You would expect Judd to be on serious dollars throughout his career. Pies have a fantastic group of kids coming through the system and they would expect to be paid a reasonable amount.

I remember when we had Carey on serious $$$ we started to lose a lot of players due to the squeeze and it hurt us long-term.

If I were a betting man, I'd say his manager has had a quiet word with certain journalists.

So, his manager had a quiet word about him leaving to some journalists over east, but then was quoted in other articles over here saying he thinks he will stay. :confused: Interesting play by the manager there...

Same here. I'm very worried we'll throw away really valuable picks over this. Hopefully Ratten and Hughes are smart about this.

Yeah I am really worried about this, I just think Carlton want to look like they are doing something and go for the quick fix. Look Judd is a gun, but I just don't think what we have to give up is worth it.

So, his manager had a quiet word about him leaving to some journalists over east, but then was quoted in other articles over here saying he thinks he will stay. :confused: Interesting play by the manager there...
That wouldn't surprise me at all. It's their job to play both ends against the middle. Let everyone think they can have him and start a bidding war.

:thumbsu:

Judd and WCE 3rd rounder for....

Fev + Pick 3 and pick 20... COME ON DOWN!

Fev to FF, Lynch to CHF
Hansen traded to the Doggies

Doggies 1st pick & carltons pick 20 traded for an A grade midfielder, 22-24 yo 100 gamer.

WCE will become a stronger club. The dynasty now extended.

P.S. We'll throw in a pair of crutchs, a wheelchair and Judd's UK groin specilaist in to the trade.
Dynasty? :D When did it start ? :rolleyes:

Carlton are front runners (maybe the only runners?), they have offered him a lot of money, and they want to do the trade.

Question for Carlton supporters is, do you want to sell your soul to get him? Make sure you do a damn good medical on him before you start trading away your draft picks ;)

Yeah I am really worried about this, I just think Carlton want to look like they are doing something and go for the quick fix. Look Judd is a gun, but I just don't think what we have to give up is worth it.
I guess the questions are:

will the Eagles pull a Choco and cut off their nose to spite their face?
Yes, then PSD and Richmond win.
No, then a trade happens
is Judd coming back whether a trade can be arranged or not?
Yes, then PSD and Richmond win.
No, then he stays.
are Richmond prepared to give up pick 2?
Yes, Richmond win - pick 2 for Judd
No, Carlton wins - pick 3 for Judd.
Assuming Judd has no preferences. Richmond wins most of those scenarios. Cash and cap won't be problems for either club.

It is more the growth factor. You would expect Judd to be on serious dollars throughout his career. Pies have a fantastic group of kids coming through the system and they would expect to be paid a reasonable amount.

I remember when we had Carey on serious $$$ we started to lose a lot of players due to the squeeze and it hurt us long-term.
Eddie can always find Rebecca a job for a couple of million a year and convince Judd to accept a mid range salary :p

But I dont think we will have much problem with cap room as everyone keeps talking of million a year but from what I have heard of Juddy he isnt the type to take a huge salary, might just take Bucks spot as our no1 earner, Rocca wont be around much longer so there is space there again

The Kangas problem would have also been that their top earners were around the same age and therefore not going anywhere soon so no room for movement

I would take him for sure if we could get him, but wouldnt want to give up everything for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back