Chris Judd- Love Or Hate???

Remove this Banner Ad

in shafting the club that raised him and then not going to the one he grew up supporting, he created a new benchmark for players in placing cash (cheated cash mind you) before any sort of loyalty. Next time Carlton or someone else steals your favourite player with under-the-table payments think of CJ

He's an absolute gun still and love watching him play, just a shame he's in a poor team

I do laugh at people who just keep saying "he's not the judd of old", that might be true but he clearly is one of the best players in the comp still, and any team would love to have him

He's the first player to leave the eagles that I've actually started to dislike more. Usually it works the other way and I suddenly find players more likeable once they aren't wearing bluenyella. (Michael Gardiner being the other notable exception).

I actually used to like Judd at the eagles and in theory I *should* like him even more now since he ran out on their crumbling evil empire and left them on their knees. But I find him a very dislikeable chap on the field these days - an arrogant whinger who's started believing his own hype and who resorts to cheap shots when he's not allowed to play the way he thinks he has a god given right to.

I like him , seriously like him but he gets smashed every week something that not many people could handle .

Very hard character to read now , first few years at West Cioast was
Peter Matera all over again . Now these two players are both champions but I think Matera was better :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL another thread about Judd, for a bloke that every seems to think is crap and as many have stated here that he doesn't count, he sure has a lot of threads started about him. Whats with firemans obsession with everything Carlton every Carlton thread the guy has like every second post, is he angry because we get to see Carlton win grand finals and he has never seen one and more than likly will never see one :D

Anyways as for like or dislike, could not give a f#$k about any footy player really i don't hang out with him so as long as he plays well that will do.:thumbsu:

Used to love him but don't care for him since he put on the navy blue.

At least you are honest. That is the main reason for the hatred. The rest won't admit it.

The thing I hate, is that when the going got tough and his free ride got taken away and he had to show leadership at West Coast he ran away. HE WAS CAPTAIN OF HIS CLUB and he just ran away when it got tough.

Nice historical revision there. He went to a club that were out of the finals so it isn't as though he was going to get it easy at Carlton. He had told West Coast for a couple of years that his plan was to move back to Victoria in the not too distant future. He even contemplated prior to signing his last contract there. Ran away my arse.

Otherwise, king of cheap shots and rubbish at off-field leadership. This was less evident at WCE (or none at all), but now it really makes me dislike him.
Really? Got done for elbowing a tagger while at West Coast and was charged with gouging Campbell Brown while at West Coast. What's he done at Carlton? Looked for some pressure points and got done for it, and split Pavlich's cheek with an errant elbow and didn't get done for it. Memories are very selective it seems.

Don't like the input concerning Judd? wonder why?
And in a thread about Judd, your input was to talk about Carlton's shady deals and corrupt presidents. Never miss an opportunity and I am pretty sure it is six degrees of separation for you, and you could turn anything remotely related to Carlton into exactly the same repetitive rubbish.

Concur with a lot of whats said here

is a top 5 player, top 10 at the worst

very damaging and lifts the blues up generally. they are 10% Better when he's out there.

don't like the way he gets of some things, and does seem to get protected a bit by the tribunal.

Don't mind that he changed for more dosh, but find the 'environmental ambassador' a complete joke, and would think every other club would use this as a mechanism to open the checkbook.

Geelong were lambasted when a similar comment was made about gablett junior, but in all honesty, if the blues can get away with it why can't the cats?

would rather play the blues without him than with.

At least you are honest. That is the main reason for the hatred. The rest won't admit it..

Rather weak evasion there. I'm sure some antagonism towards Judd is because he plays for Carlton but mine certainly doesn't and same would probably go for the majority.

What's he done at Carlton? Looked for some pressure points and got done for it, and split Pavlich's cheek with an errant elbow and didn't get done for it. Memories are very selective it seems.

"looked for some pressure points"?!

You mean "eyegouged a player" proving that the first time with Brown was no accident but part of a trend.

This is my issue with Judd. He's still one of the best players in the comp - there's no knock on his ability. What is also now undoubted is that he's a serial eyegouger and this is a despicable part of his, or anyone's game, and he should bloody well apologise NOT make jokes about it.

And so should you.

You mean "eyegouged a player" proving that the first time with Brown was no accident but part of a trend.

This is my issue with Judd. He's still one of the best players in the comp - there's no knock on his ability. What is also now undoubted is that he's a serial eyegouger and this is a despicable part of his, or anyone's game, and he should bloody well apologise NOT make jokes about it.

And so should you.

Mate, any time you want to repost the footage, I am happy to prove you wrong. There was no eye gouge on Rischitelli. Either you bought into BigFooty hysteria or you didn't see the incident. Any time, any place, any one. It is an argument you can not win.

And in a thread about Judd, your input was to talk about Carlton's shady deals and corrupt presidents. Never miss an opportunity and I am pretty sure it is six degrees of separation for you, and you could turn anything remotely related to Carlton into exactly the same repetitive rubbish.

Seriously, how many years have you guys been doing this for? (I dont mean Carlton V St.Kilda either)

Easily the greatest Eagle. Still great to watch, but when at the Eagles he was on target to be the best midfielder ever. It's a bit sad that he isn't as explosive. However he's still an absolute bull at the stoppages and still quite quick. I don't give a rats about this umpire favouritism. I just want him to be the explosive power he was 2003-2007. My friend's girlfriend reckons she knows the reason he isnt at quick and it isnt his groin..well it is sort of

Easily the greatest Eagle. Still great to watch, but when at the Eagles he was on target to be the best midfielder ever. It's a bit sad that he isn't as explosive. However he's still an absolute bull at the stoppages and still quite quick. I don't give a rats about this umpire favouritism. I just want him to be the explosive power he was 2003-2007.

Ben Cousins was surely the Eagles best player to have played for the club.

Judd had one a half great years (2004, first half 2006), a couple of good ones (2002, 2003), and a couple of so-so ones (2005, 2007)

I think it's more the mercenary component as to why people dislike him, he decided to go to a club that he knew were capable of shady dealings and took the big lure by another dishonest Carlton president in Pratt.
His favorable treatment by the umps is a lesser issue in my books.

Always gives me a big chuckle when an Aints fan lectures anybody else about 'culture'. :rolleyes:

Been an absolute pleasure watching Chris Judd week-in, week-out this past few years. Awesome contest player who is sacrificing some aspects of his game for the broader sake of the team. :thumbsu:

Easily the greatest Eagle. Still great to watch, but when at the Eagles he was on target to be the best midfielder ever. It's a bit sad that he isn't as explosive. However he's still an absolute bull at the stoppages and still quite quick. I don't give a rats about this umpire favouritism. I just want him to be the explosive power he was 2003-2007. My friend's girlfriend reckons she knows the reason he isnt at quick and it isnt his groin..well it is sort of

Cant bel;ieve you would have Judd ahead of Cousins or Jakovich, or even Matera.

Are you 19-24 years of age?

Mate, any time you want to repost the footage, I am happy to prove you wrong. There was no eye gouge on Rischitelli. Either you bought into BigFooty hysteria or you didn't see the incident. Any time, any place, any one. It is an argument you can not win.

It's exactly this kind of denial that ensures Judd will do it again. Because everyone makes excuses for him (or covers for him at the Tribunal like Brown) he'll remain convinced it's something he's not just allowed to do but has a divine right to do.

What he did to Rischitelli was EXACTLY the same thing he did to Brown in intent if not in outcome.

You're usually a very sensible a quality poster. I'm flabbergasted that you don't see this one flaw in Judd and acknowledge it's weakness. Damages you, damages him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Judd- Love Or Hate???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back