Chris Judd- Love Or Hate???

Remove this Banner Ad

For all the bagging Judd is coping on this thread its quite hypocritical as he would be an absolute gun for any team in the AFL and the supporters of those clubs would love him if he were at their club.

For sure but it's more about how he came to the club and the Club he came to.
For eg If he had gone to Collingwood with the lure of a cushy bullshit job given to him by Eddie and automatically made capt he would have got the same or at least similar treatment from oppo supporters, and this not taking into account his dirty on field tactics and favoritism from the umps.
He is not well liked...just live with it.

Was one of the most dominant players I have seen when playing at his best for West Coast.

He also helped us win a premiership.

TBH, of course I wasn't fond of him leaving, nor do I think he is the same player he was.

There are things I could probably say I dislike, but as for character and leadership attributes I really don't have a clue.

I will say this though, he may not play exactly the same role or reach the same heights but he can certainly still stamp his foot down on a match.

He is the perfect footballer, however he has gone from a drug den called WC to a mafia run criminal gang called Carltank. So essentially Dudd hasnt really jumped from a disaster to another. Both WC and Carltank have a culture of disregard for social rules and norm. Both should be heavily sanction ala Storms.

Radical Roo

You are cordially invited to partake in a sumptious feast of tall tales and bravado at Bay 13, where your talents will be duly recognised and rewarded.

Regards

Mate i couldn't give a flying f***k if he isn't liked by oppostion supporters ! We love him at Carlton and couldn't care less what any jealous nuff nuff on here says about him :rolleyes:

Bewildered at the lack of credit he gets from some. He dominates just about every stat you'd expect an inside midfielder to excel in.

2nd in the league for contested possessions
3rd for 1st possessions
1st for clearances
2nd for centre bounce clearances
3rd for ball gets
1st for effective clearances (25% better more per game than second)
21st for effective disposals (thought he had horrid disposal? :confused:)

He might be 3rd for turnovers, but the top 12 are:
Anthony, Mitchell, Judd, Swan, Montagna, Boyd, Embley, Griffen, Ebert, Ablett, Hodge, Deledio. Potentially 6 All Australians there.

He's 46th in the league for kicks to advantage. Ablett is 88th. Hodge, aka the greatest kick in the history of the ever, is 26th.

He's 46th for kicks to opposition. Ablett is 27th. Hodge is 72nd.

More kicks to advantage than Ablett, less kicks to the opposition than Ablett. Yet constantly rubbished for his disposal when Ablett is never criticised. :confused:

Does not compute.

Judd's okay. He is a good player to watch when he's in full flight. I wouldn't say he is my favourite opposition player. I prefer those who play with a more "balls out" style, who crash the packs and hit hard, than those stylish footballers who mostly keep out of trouble. Of the stylish footballers, I prefer those like Didak, Dal Santo or Rioli who produce ridiculously good, skilful pieces of play. Whereas I regard Judd more as a supreme athlete and a highly efficient mover.

Hate is too a strong word, but if there is any animosity, it is towards the media. The commentators always call Judd's name in big capital letters whenever his Carlton teammates feed him the ball. They tend to highlight and exaggerate Judd's every mundane piece of play. They also gloss over his many weaknesses. But it's customary for the media to play favourites and big up the superstars.

You'll hear Robert Walls get stuck into a struggling Carlton hack like Bret Thornton. He'll also paste Josh Fraser when Josh allows his opponent to saunter alone into the forward line and kick an easy goal. But when Juddy does the same, you never hear a word about it.

I don't hate Judd because of this. I simply shake my head at the commentary.

Bewildered at the lack of credit he gets from some. He dominates just about every stat you'd expect an inside midfielder to excel in: contested possessions, 1st possessions, clearances, centre bounce clearances, ball gets, effective clearances

[Ablett, Hodge comparisons, etc, etc]

Does not compute.
Judd is definitely one of the best clearance players in the AFL, no argument there. But I think part of the reason that Judd is so prominent in many of those statistical categories is because at Carlton, the load falls squarely on his shoulders to produce them. As Robert Walls always moans, Judd doesn't get much support from his teammates. You could see this as a tick in his Judd's favour, but it also inflates his stats.

Part of the reason that players like Ablett and Hodge don't post the same numbers as Judd in the clearances and 1st possession is that they have teammates like Bartel, Selwood, Corey, Ling, Kelly, Chapman, Mitchell, Sewell, Lewis, Rioli and Burgoyne to share this load.

At Carlton, Juddy has to carry the can and wear the close attention from opponents, but this also means he spends a lot of time wandering deep into defence for an easy give, then try to set up a Carlton attack with run, carry and a few one-two's. These also pad his stats. He'll wind up with 30 touches, but this is never an indication of how influential he really was. Same story with Gary Ablett. In the two games vs Hawthorn in 2010, Gazza amassed a total of 70 possessions, but in neither game was he among Geelong very best players. He's a great player who pops up everywhere; his teammates look for him, but his gaudy numbers do not always reflect how well he played.

Statistics are for politicians and mathematicians, not footballers.

The thing that annoys me about Judd is the players around him get much less credit then they deserve compared to him.

Last year was a perfect example. Judd was talk up all year for All Australian, when no other Carlton players were mentioned. Marc Murphys year was at the elite level but if anyone and everybody gave the opinion Judd had a better year than Murphy,

I feel Kade Simpson is getting the same treatment this year, which is a shame.

The thing that annoys me about Judd is the players around him get much less credit then they deserve compared to him.

Last year was a perfect example. Judd was talk up all year for All Australian, when no other Carlton players were mentioned. Marc Murphys year was at the elite level but if anyone and everybody gave the opinion Judd had a better year than Murphy,

Murphy made the squad of 40 and was mentioned by quite a few people.

For what it's worth, Murphy and Judd both polled an equal 56 in the Carlton Board B&F last season. Gibbs was 3rd with 42.

This season, Judd is well out in front with 31, despite missing 3 games. Betts (20), Simpson (18), Scotland (17) and Russell (16) round out the top 5.

Yeah but that isn't something about Judd that is annoying, that is something about the way some people perceive Judd. He doesn't go out there proclaiming himself to be the best or deserving of all the plaudits. Generally comes across as being fairly quiet and humble.

I think Murphy should have won our B&F last year for sure. Agree also that Simpson should get more credit for his year to date.

Was, there are at least 30 footballers in the league that are at a higher level than Judd, and yes I can name them.

The thing I hate, is that when the going got tough and his free ride got taken away and he had to show leadership at West Coast he ran away. HE WAS CAPTAIN OF HIS CLUB and he just ran away when it got tough.
His selfish character just shone right through and you can see in the way he plays. As a person I just bet he's an egotistical p**** you'd love to deck him. You never hear a team mate of his ever really say that they like him.

Nathan Buckley? **** of a bloke, whose teammates were forced to tolerate his beligerent, selfish, abusive personality because he was such a great player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Judd was probably one of my favorite players 3-4 years ago, loved the way he always went about his business with a touch of class and polish. But over the last 2 years he has quickly became one of my most hated players in the AFL. Only because of the extra help he always get from the umpires and no one in the media ever criticizing him when he does the wrong thing.

So what do you think about Judd, Love or Hate him?

You only hate him because of what is written on Bigfooty !

Nathan Buckley? **** of a bloke, whose teammates were forced to tolerate his beligerent, selfish, abusive personality because he was such a great player.

Well At Least He Played for the Club where Juddass is just there for then $$$$

Well, when Collingwood was struggling and he was offered huge money to return home to play for Port Adelaide you know what he did. He stayed. He stayed to go on and captain his club and enhance his reputation every year as a player and leader. He focussed his football life on becoming a better leader and left the game unbelievably respected as not only a champion but leader of men. Strong willed, determined, and giving of himself to his players. But feel free to start a thread with Nathan's name inserted instead of Judds.
Judd is a selfish, insular person whose ego doesn't endear himself to his team mates or fans.

Used to love him up until the Campbell Brown Eye Gouging incident. Browndog lies to protect him, admits it later, gets in trouble yet nothing happened to Judd.

Could of owned up tbh. He obviously lied as well.

You only hate him because of what is written on Bigfooty !

I hate him because he is overrated compared to pre 2007 Judd and how the umps, tribunal and media never criticize him!

Judd in 2004-2006 was on form to be in the top 10 players of all time. I rated him the 3rd best eagles player of all time behind Metera and Cousins.

Well, when Collingwood was struggling and he was offered huge money to return home to play for Port Adelaide you know what he did. He stayed. He stayed to go on and captain his club and enhance his reputation every year as a player and leader. He focussed his football life on becoming a better leader and left the game unbelievably respected as not only a champion but leader of men. Strong willed, determined, and giving of himself to his players. But feel free to start a thread with Nathan's name inserted instead of Judds.
Judd is a selfish, insular person whose ego doesn't endear himself to his team mates or fans.

I'm sure you jizzed your pants every week when Nafan played. And when Judd left the Eagles they were in the finals, not on the bottom of the ladder as many nob-heads continue to make out.

So Judd's teammates dont like him? What role do you have in the Carlton inner sanctum? Could care less whether he endears himself to other teams fans, especially the Pie filth ones.

Used to be 1 of my favorite players, but can't stand the guy now. Dirtiest player in the AFL by a long way... but looked after by the umpires, MRP and AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Judd- Love Or Hate???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back