Moved Thread Chris Masten- 200 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

You've got have middle of the pack units like Jubilant Masto, he knows his role and played well last year. Elite runner, elite fitness but not the best decision maker I agree. In saying that he's probably on 200-300k, and gives good output for his dollar value and saves space in the cap for Elite players?

No club can afford a team of absolute elite players, can't even afford a whole field position of Elites. He's an easy scape goat (every team has one or two) but I can't ever remember a time he's lost a game for us through a dumb decision (or lack of a decision). He's never been involved in a scandal, surely that's a +1 right? :$

Good on him anyway

Dunno and it irks me, wouldn't have minded if he was hard at the ball and didn't cough it up half as much. I suspect his fitness and ability to run out games is massively over rated by coaches these days.

Masto had one of the lowest average clangers amongst West Coast players last year (1.7 per game) while averaging 20 disposals for the year (6 marks a game as well).

Well astro here's the thing, my opinion is my opinion and by you calling me names makes you a hypocrite.
Well, you got me there 'thumb', but I don't stoop to abuse, and at least you can defend yourself here...unlike Masten? And just because you have an opinion, doesn't warrant it being shared, at least not without a filter or a muzzle?
Meanwhile back to the thread...

Handy player, very durable and with a massive engine that allows us to give breathers to the more appreciated players.

Not my favourite player and has held his spot more often than I'd have liked, but on most of those occasions he repaid the coaches' faith.

You don't get to 200 games if you haven't been playing your role right, even if it's hard for the supporters to see.

Great work, Masto!

Handy player, very durable and with a massive engine that allows us to give breathers to the more appreciated players.

Not my favourite player and has held his spot more often than I'd have liked, but on most of those occasions he repaid the coaches' faith.

You don't get to 200 games if you haven't been playing your role right, even if it's hard for the supporters to see.

Great work, Masto!

Arguably one of the reason that we can play two rucks and one less mid is the fact Masten, among others, are incredibly fit and can essentially cover for the one less rotation.

Always been a Masto supporter, especially when nuffies in the crowd bag him.
More often than not they'd abuse him as soon as he gets the ball, only for him to then fizz a pass onto JK's tit.
Yes he makes mistakes, but name me a player who doesn't. He has strengths & weaknesses just like every other player, but he always plays his role for the team.

Not the best player we've ever had, but certainly not the worst. Also seems a likeable goof around the boys & in the media, which all clubs need.
For him to win a flag & play 200 games is nothing to shit on.

Congrats on the 200 Masto, I hope it's a jubilant occasion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always been a Masto supporter, especially when nuffies in the crowd bag him.
More often than not they'd abuse him as soon as he gets the ball, only for him to then fizz a pass onto JK's tit.
Yes he makes mistakes, but name me a player who doesn't. He has strengths & weaknesses just like every other player, but he always plays his role for the team.

Not the best player we've ever had, but certainly not the worst. Also seems a likeable goof around the boys & in the media, which all clubs need.
For him to win a flag & play 200 games is nothing to shit on.

Congrats on the 200 Masto, I hope it's a jubilant occasion.

This!

Hundreds have had the chance, he was just the only one to actually take it. The fact that it's his career highlight say it all.

I remember a scouting write-up in his draft year saying something like 'a vanilla midfielder but probably the safest bet of the top 10 to play 200 games'. Turned out pretty accurate.

6 months of tears and therapy hasn’t worked hey.. cry harder

Well done Masto.. excellent effort.. I at least understand the game well enough to appreciate the very least your defensive running

Victim of a club who has had many superstars over 30 years which has spoilt some supporters.

Would be in freo’s Greatest ever conversation

200 games and being a premiership player sounds good no matter who you are, hats off to him :clapping:

At the very list he's given us 2 of the greatest GIFS to some up his career.

2d22b5e6-b223-46fe-bf58-b7306486ffe7-gif.629649

His on field contribution ^

DependableElasticAmurstarfish-size_restricted.gif

How surprised he is to not only still be in the team, but to be a premiership player ^

He was going to stay another year in the TAC which dropped his ranking a bit. Interestingly enough he was seen as a defender with the ability to move into the midfield at a later date.
Stunned the eagles didnt draft him them

We went years drafting defenders who might just become mids.

Oh hang on - he actually became a mid

No good for us :rollseyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Chris Masten- 200 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back