Moved Thread Chris Masten- 200 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

He turned the ball over a lot tonight still.

So many players turned the ball over tonight. I thought his crisp delivery far outweighed any hurried turnover.

Solid 200. He's a club player and it takes all sorts. Masten is a great outlet option, his run and spread is critical.

We all know he’s a great runner, but it isn’t until you see it live you can see what that means for our movement.

The passage of play towards the very end of the game, where we took the piss chipping around for about five minutes before moving forward for a goal, was kickstarted by Masten. He’s hip to hip with his opponent on the far wing, the Eagles kick back inside defensive 50, suddenly Masten is 20m clear of his opponent and the switch is on. The fact that a 179cm, 75 odd kilo bloke is our best outlet option is staggering, and yet he’s worked his tail off to make it happen. There’s nobody on our list I’d rather delivering the ball to a lead inside 50 (well, maybe Jetta).

**** the haters. The things he does well, he does brilliantly. As long as we continue to facilitate those things while minimising his flaws, we’ve got nothing to worry about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that a 179cm, 75 odd kilo bloke is our best outlet option is staggering, and yet he’s worked his tail off to make it happen. There’s nobody on our list I’d rather delivering the ball to a lead inside 50 (well, maybe Jetta).

Two of the most maligned players on our list amongst the mouth breathers too :drunk:

You're absolutely right though :thumbsu:

When he kicked that goal on his left and was genuinely surprised. When he had 40 touches in a game. Oh yeh and when he was a premiership winning eagle who played 200 games.

Same

same odds as Hungry tiger deleting his account.

Well I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a girl, who owns a dog, and that dog once barked something that sounded eerily similar to "I ****ing wish".

When he kicked that goal on his left and was genuinely surprised. When he had 40 touches in a game. Oh yeh and when he was a premiership winning eagle who played 200 games.

He’ll hang them up about 220-230 I’d think. He’ll probably lose his spot in the best 22 this year but I imagine he’d be the first call up to cover for injury/suspension

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We all know he’s a great runner, but it isn’t until you see it live you can see what that means for our movement.

The passage of play towards the very end of the game, where we took the piss chipping around for about five minutes before moving forward for a goal, was kickstarted by Masten. He’s hip to hip with his opponent on the far wing, the Eagles kick back inside defensive 50, suddenly Masten is 20m clear of his opponent and the switch is on. The fact that a 179cm, 75 odd kilo bloke is our best outlet option is staggering, and yet he’s worked his tail off to make it happen. There’s nobody on our list I’d rather delivering the ball to a lead inside 50 (well, maybe Jetta).

**** the haters. The things he does well, he does brilliantly. As long as we continue to facilitate those things while minimising his flaws, we’ve got nothing to worry about.
With the new 6 6 6 Rules Masten''s role seems to have expanded this season.
The Coaches seem to have playing deeper in defense and be the go to guy when transitioning out of the backline.
His precision kicking and quick hands make him even more valuable than previously seen.
No one can question his running ability and I personally love what he brings to the team.
He has his critics but most role players do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Chris Masten- 200 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back