Free Agency Chris Mayne [signed with Collingwood]

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Grant a FA? ... Im sure there will be teams that would like to have a FA like him come in. Not sure if id bring him to Geelong but there will be some Geelong supporters that would say yes. Suit Rich id have thought.

Yes he was.

Lot of angst on our board during the season as to whether we should re-sign him. Had a solid season playing 19 games but had some issues with shots on goal. Made a couple of mistakes in final against crows that had a lot of people saying it was the final straw.

Effectively we swapped him for Suckling (both playing a bit of time on the wing) and at this point you'd say that's looking like a pretty inspired decision

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest I used to like him. He wasn't always spuddy - but his form is ordinary at present. Not offering anything Melbourne would be looking for I shouldn't think. Wonder if any club would take a punt?

To be honest I used to like him. He wasn't always spuddy - but his form is ordinary at present. Not offering anything Melbourne would be looking for I shouldn't think. Wonder if any club would take a punt?

At his best he's a 40 goal a year small forward which is somewhat of a rarity, if he can get back to something resembling that before the end of the year I think there's several clubs that would have a nibble, unfortunately he doesn't look anywhere near it at the moment.

Would have him at Collingwood, if he was a year or two younger (he'll be 28 by season's end). Would be an upgrade on Jarryd Blair, who plays a similar role for the Pies now. Might be worth it anyway, if the price is right.

I think we need some older players for Leadership that we Badly Lack from the Mature Players

I would take him at the Tigers as a quality 3rd Tall in the forward line. Especially offers some value as a free agent

Sent from my iPhone

Really? Restricted by the defensive gameplan...I think he could be hugely damaging at the right side. Would like him at the MFC but our need for a 2nd ruck and lack of one makes it hard to fit him in the 22.

Really? Restricted by the defensive gameplan...I think he could be hugely damaging at the right side. Would like him at the MFC but our need for a 2nd ruck and lack of one makes it hard to fit him in the 22.
He was one of several that killed us last year now that I recall. Obviously blanked some rounds from recollection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agency Chris Mayne [signed with Collingwood]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back