Geoff

Premium Platinum
May 13, 2004
W.A.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
There, I have publicly stated my thoughts on the bloke. Now it's time to move on. He is the last of the bad old days and it's water under the bridge. Bring on 2011 :thumbsu:

There, I have publicly stated my thoughts on the bloke. Now it's time to move on. He is the last of the bad old days and it's water under the bridge. Bring on 2011 :thumbsu:

I certainly hope that both he and that DOG of a manager of his is NEVER allowed back into the sacred halls of the Freo FC.

I look forward to every one of our players giving it EVERYTHING against the Pies in 2011 and giving Taz a big fat S#$T Burger to eat.

I hope that the Pies do not win the flag in 2011, Taz retires mid season when he finds out that he has no heart and that Freo are there in September!

I hope the big purple giant runs into him at a 100km/h.

I am happy to wish him well after that though :D

I don't wish him to do his knee, but I hope one (or more) of the following things happen:

(1) He keeps one of Reid/Brown out of the side (possibly a flag), and they crack it and walk out on the club.
(2) The opposite of (1), where Collingwood rate playing their young players more importantly and Tarrant never plays again.
(3) Tarrant plays in a GF. And so do we. And we win.
(4) His wife cheats on him and is sprung with Alan Didak in a cubicle at Eve nightclub.

I don't wish him to do his knee, but I hope one (or more) of the following things happen:

(1) He keeps one of Reid/Brown out of the side (possibly a flag), and they crack it and walk out on the club.
(2) The opposite of (1), where Collingwood rate playing their young players more importantly and Tarrant never plays again.
(3) Tarrant plays in a GF. And so do we. And we win.
(4) His wife cheats on him and is sprung with Alan Didak in a cubicle at Eve nightclub.

would be funnier if tarrant himself was sprung in a cubicle with didak at eve nightclub :D

i wish him no further success in his afl career and the club that bent us over a barrell recieve all the bad karma that should go with that action....

i am now moving on, and i think geoff said it best, taz represents the last of the bad old days, lets look to the future :thumbsu:

Seeing the footage on him back in his Collingwood guernsey posing for photos made me sick.

Thanks for turning his career around and making him one of the best defenders in the competition, we appreciate all the hard work you put in. Looks striking in the black and white.

funny how you w***ers are saying that now, was a different story under 24 hours ago :mad: piss off back to your own board

funny how you w***ers are saying that now, was a different story under 24 hours ago :mad: piss off back to your own board

Nah, I genuinely rated his 2009 season and 2010 pre-injury. He was playing really well and was fairly widely accepted as having a brilliant time as a defender well before we picked him up. My comment was supposed to be light hearted, but I guess it's still a little raw. At least you got something for him, right?

sum:

Collingwood:
Get: Medhurst, 09 AA, Reid, 10 year gun CHB, Rising star nom, premiership player, Taz back after he can actually play well in a position during our premiership window

lose: Taz for 4 years where he was mostly ordinary, and learned how to play properly without being a threat to our team

I'd say it's been a fairly cordial series of transactions on our part - cheers guys.

Nah, I genuinely rated his 2009 season and 2010 pre-injury. He was playing really well and was fairly widely accepted as having a brilliant time as a defender well before we picked him up. My comment was supposed to be light hearted, but I guess it's still a little raw. At least you got something for him, right?

sum:

Collingwood:
Get: Medhurst, 09 AA, Reid, 10 year gun CHB, Rising star nom, premiership player, Taz back after he can actually play well in a position during our premiership window

lose: Taz for 4 years where he was mostly ordinary, and learned how to play properly without being a threat to our team

I'd say it's been a fairly cordial series of transactions on our part - cheers guys.

again, you are doing nothing more on here than trying to wind us up... so piss off...... BTW us losing medhurst to you was a win for us. that arrogant prick had one good year in 4, adn was nothing more than a cancer for us... but i digress..... piss off back to your own board

Not a Dockers fan but i agree with the Dockers fans. Dog act by Tarrant and Paul Connors to. For him just to up and leave shows he has the heart the size of a pea.

Hope he enjoys his time in the VFL because thats where he should stay. If spots in that team are compromised for the vastly developing Reid, there number one stopper Presti or Nathan Brown who can hold his own than that is horrible and one of Brown or Reid should walk. What a shit team to trade with Collingwood are. Same with Carlton and the Jacobs deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

again, you are doing nothing more on here than trying to wind us up... so piss off...... BTW us losing medhurst to you was a win for us. that arrogant prick had one good year in 4, adn was nothing more than a cancer for us... but i digress..... piss off back to your own board

Alright dude. I don't think it's really Tarrant's fault though as is implied in this thread - the guy just wanted to get home and play for the club that's in his heart of hearts. Collingwood were always in a good position to bend you over - just a sad reality.

Wishing harm on a bloke, hoping that he breaks his leg is absolutely disgusting - he's only ever been guilty of wanting to come home to play with his mates.

And now we can tell the truth that his body is almost shot and he's one LTI away from retirement.

At least he did have the decency to thank the club at his press conference for turning his career around. Words are pretty hollow though given he'd just screwed us at the trade table.

This has all got a bit weird I think.

On the other hand, I find his comments about still owing Collingwood something, or having unfinished business a bit curious. Not quite sure what that means, he never had his heart in it playing for Fremantle, even though he played some very good footy for us and probably earned his pay cheque?

Hopefully he gets his fair share of bad karma. If you look back his first two years at Freo were very ordinary. We paid way over the top for him when Collingwood booted him out, then we saved his career and then we lost him for basically nothing. The man has no dignity and screwed us royally and we should of traded him at the end of 2009.

I heard a rumour that Collingwood had a deal with Tarrant that they would sway him and Medhurst back 2-3 years in to the deal

As it turned out, Medhurst went AA and Tarrant was still finding his place so they didn't want to

Also, from memory he was really flat in the Collingwood game this year

i don't hate taz, i sort of feel sorry for him because i see him as a really mentally weak person. it was patently obvious with his kicking for goal when he first got here, just like it is with his girlfriend walking all over him now and forcing him back to vic. also the fact that he would rather retire than play with anyone other than collingwood (even tho he's now stated he wants to keep playing for at least 3 more years) is indicative of his pea heart and fear of new things and possible confrontations.

seeya round taz, and good luck in 5 years when you're living in the real world and don't have everyone blowing smoke up your arse just coz you can take a mark:rolleyes:

I couldn't care less. Last of the Schwabolly Magic Beans trades. Was a terrible deal at the time and is worse with hindsight.
Don't really see how any of this is Tarrant's fault. I never really thought of him as a Freo player, just someone visiting.

I'm as disappointed as the next person about losing him, but everyone needs to be a little more reasonable. I notice it went from "I just want to get home to Vic" before trade week to "Collingwood only or I will retire" at the end. Of course once your new employer gets in your ear and offers you large amounts of money you are going to do what you can for them - they will be paying his wages over the next year or two. Such is life. He had good intentions, but life got in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back