Autopsy Alice is Wonderland

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not moving Gawn, he's the perfect player to keep and lead the way so you don't end up like North. Do you think they can win another flag with this group? If not quite Judd, Petracca is someone you can get a team to hand over proven young talent AND picks. I also query how good the back of thise 7-8 years would be given Fyfe and Dusty outputs at 33.

If the plan is to win a flag 2 years of pain now could save them 10 years of pain down the road
Hmmm I just don’t see why Melbourne should take that approach over any other team? What about Collingwood? Carlton?

Also where would Petracca go that would give them the kinda picks they are after? He’s not leaving Dees to go to saints or north. Or even Richmond. They are the clubs with the type of low single digit picks that the Dees would rightly want in exchange for Petracca. But he’s not gonna go there.

It’s likely he would ask for a trade to Essendon or Carlton or Geelong and they would offer something like pick 12/13, an F1 and a B-grader thrown in for good measure.
No way is that enough for a player of that level.

Melbourne v Fremantle​

8 Jordan Clark (FRE)
5 Josh Treacy (FRE)
5 Hayden Young (FRE)
4 Sam Switkowski (FRE)
4 Caleb Serong (FRE)
2 Alex Pearce (FRE)
2 Luke Jackson (FRE)

Either Young or Treacy got a BOG from one coach and nothing from the other. Treacy I reckon. Young got a 2 and a 3 I think.

I'm not one for gambling but a colleague of mine at work put on $5 on a multi - Amiss, Serong (!) and Petracca to kick at least a goal and Banfield and Walker to get 15 disposals (!!). She won $93, so a neat little +88 in profit. That's pretty handy for a 19 year old. Had amazing intuition to pick Serong to kick his first goal of the season. Not to mention both Walker and Banners both got EXACTLY 15 disposals. Far out!!

Smart young lady
You win some, you lose more

Hmmm I just don’t see why Melbourne should take that approach over any other team? What about Collingwood? Carlton?

Also where would Petracca go that would give them the kinda picks they are after? He’s not leaving Dees to go to saints or north. Or even Richmond. They are the clubs with the type of low single digit picks that the Dees would rightly want in exchange for Petracca. But he’s not gonna go there.

It’s likely he would ask for a trade to Essendon or Carlton or Geelong and they would offer something like pick 12/13, an F1 and a B-grader thrown in for good measure.
No way is that enough for a player of that level.
Carlton core is like 5 years younger, come on. You could argue Pies would be better off with a mini restart and adding picks around Daicos but the big Vic clubs play by entirely different rules.

If it was Essendon, they'd probably give up Perkins. Him and a couple of good picks is pretty nice. Hawks are probably arrogant enough to think they are about to contend. Watson and a couple of 1sts? A contracted Petracca is worth whatever they say and they'd have to work with him to make it work but I'm sure their next flag team doesn't have him, Oliver or Gawn in it (again, keep Gawn though)

At least on Access All Areas Matthew Lloyd said that Lever's absence bore minimal influence on the result. He was more critical of their pressure around the contest.
Hey Vic tools: (not u Serial) So Melbourne played without their second best key defender and lost by 90. Does it follow that we played without our second best defender in Cox and would have won by 180 if had played???

Just listened to First Crack. Literally all the commentary was how bad Melbourne were. With one "credit to freo they played really well" thrown in at the end.

Me, prior to match: ho him, another 50-50 match 😕
Me at full time: Why did they not win by 100? 😡😡 🤣

Seriously tho, lots to like.

The joy of Sharp with Ryan after setting up Treacy for his first (?) goal showed the team was in a good place. I want to see that joy every game.

Holy moly Young is a gun. Strength and an educated left boot, big tank… what a beauty.

Everything I could say about Treacy has already been said 😍 Excellent hands and vision, wonderful field kicking and a mean streak. Ripper.

Watching the trainer with Darcy at half time, I wonder if he’s got shin splints? As a former sports trainer I have both a taping method and an exercise set which work great… neither of which are widely known
Email the club immediately, I say. Knowledge is power etc.

what is the RAG ! , sorry been away from Perth for nearly 25 years
The RAG or dirty RAG, any other derogatory name you like to use in reference to what used to be called the West Australian news paper.
The latter name has long time been replaced. A very shallow shadow of what it used to be.
If you ahve just returned, please do not bother to buy the The Dirty RAG to find any relevant Dockers news.

The RAG or dirty RAG, any other derogatory name you like to use in reference to what used to be called the West Australian news paper.
The latter name has long time been replaced. A very shallow shadow of what it used to be.
If you ahve just returned, please do not bother to buy the The Dirty RAG to find any relevant Dockers news.
Oh they were always Eagles fans who were major advertisement buyers in the newspapers. so the journalists have to keep the sponsors happy.
Even the TV channels were always focussed on WCE when i was there. Some things never change

I used to enjoy the Sunday times and the Daily NEws paper. not sure if they still publish those two.

One dasy will visit PErth again. but still a few years until retirement so will continue to work.

Carlton core is like 5 years younger, come on. You could argue Pies would be better off with a mini restart and adding picks around Daicos but the big Vic clubs play by entirely different rules.

If it was Essendon, they'd probably give up Perkins. Him and a couple of good picks is pretty nice. Hawks are probably arrogant enough to think they are about to contend. Watson and a couple of 1sts? A contracted Petracca is worth whatever they say and they'd have to work with him to make it work but I'm sure their next flag team doesn't have him, Oliver or Gawn in it (again, keep Gawn though)
Not really wanting to buy intothis discussion, but remember that Melbournes last rebuild was done under heavy guidance from within the AFL. They got pleanty of assistance to get to where they were in 2021.
Some other clubs would have relished the assistance that was handed out to them.But by the same token, many of the VFL clubs have been treated very well in that time as well.
A rebuild by the Dees from here, would not have the same backing.
Only my opinion.
Carry on;);).

As much as I enjoyed the game I’m being a bit cautious with the optimism.

1. It’s a wide ground which limits the opposition ability to corral our lateral ball movement.

2. The Dees had a perfect storm day. Reminded me of how GC took the Cats apart in Darwin. The Cats just didn’t show up at all & neither did Melbourne. (Or us against the Eagles).

I believe we’re absolutely on the right track & will play finals but I doubt we will have it all our own way like that again. It does show how our footy is supposed to look but when players like Amiss & Walters who’ve been utterly clamped recently suddenly seem to have acres of space I’m suspicious of how much pressure was actually out there.

Sorry to be that guy!

Oh they were always Eagles fans who were major advertisement buyers in the newspapers. so the journalists have to keep the sponsors happy.
Even the TV channels were always focussed on WCE when i was there. Some things never change

I used to enjoy the Sunday times and the Daily NEws paper. not sure if they still publish those two.

One dasy will visit PErth again. but still a few years until retirement so will continue to work.
The Sunday Times is an expansion of the DIRTY RAG. Same dog same sheeit.
And the Daily news has long been put to sleep.

The Sunday Times is an expansion of the DIRTY RAG. Same dog same sheeit.
And the Daily news has long been put to sleep.
Well simplesolution . dont read the newspapers. i certainly havent since i was probalby 25.

Ignore all the FAKE news as TRUMP would Preach nowadays. LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm no mathematician but I'm going to assume our great percentage is more about the goals we haven't conceded as opposed to the goals we've kicked..

100%. We're still bottom half for points scored but clear 2nd for points conceded and possibly 1st depending on what the Swans give up this week.

I'm not one for gambling but a colleague of mine at work put on $5 on a multi - Amiss, Serong (!) and Petracca to kick at least a goal and Banfield and Walker to get 15 disposals (!!). She won $93, so a neat little +88 in profit. That's pretty handy for a 19 year old. Had amazing intuition to pick Serong to kick his first goal of the season. Not to mention both Walker and Banners both got EXACTLY 15 disposals. Far out!!

Smart young lady

It's smart if she takes the $88 and never bets again. By far her best chance of staying ahead of the ledger.

Yep, should have won a second flag but they are gone now. Gawn and Petracca are the only ones holding the culture together, and judging by Petracca's body language yesterday he might ask for a trade.

Yeah, a trade to #flagmantle.

Go to AFL,com.au.
Every club votes for their own Ibelieve.
Amiss MOY, Serong GOY.
And far be it from me that I would just vote for Amiss and Serong just because....LOL
I guess that explains why crap nominees win each week. The clubs with more supporters with online connectivity will win .

One thing that strikes me is that under Longmuir we tend to play at the level of the team we’re playing. So we’ll generally have grinding wins against the likes of the Saints and then turn around and match it with the Pies, but rarely ever belt teams, and by the same token rarely get belted. IMO we got caught by West Coast by going in casually, and the Swans game we played to their level but sprayed everything.

Against the Dees we lifted our work rate to the level expected to beat a premiership aspirant, but the demons didn’t

One thing that strikes me is that under Longmuir we tend to play at the level of the team we’re playing. So we’ll generally have grinding wins against the likes of the Saints and then turn around and match it with the Pies, but rarely ever belt teams, and by the same token rarely get belted. IMO we got caught by West Coast by going in casually, and the Swans game we played to their level but sprayed everything.

Against the Dees we lifted our work rate to the level expected to beat a premiership aspirant, but the demons didn’t
I was watching yesterday and noticed at one point, when we were about 80 odd points that we had kicked like 18.7 or something like that. Against the saints we kicked 9.18. That was really a belting much close to this game than any of our other close games we played.

As much as I enjoyed the game I’m being a bit cautious with the optimism.

1. It’s a wide ground which limits the opposition ability to corral our lateral ball movement.

2. The Dees had a perfect storm day. Reminded me of how GC took the Cats apart in Darwin. The Cats just didn’t show up at all & neither did Melbourne. (Or us against the Eagles).

I believe we’re absolutely on the right track & will play finals but I doubt we will have it all our own way like that again. It does show how our footy is supposed to look but when players like Amiss & Walters who’ve been utterly clamped recently suddenly seem to have acres of space I’m suspicious of how much pressure was actually out there.

Sorry to be that guy!
Dimensions are only 3m longer and 2m wider than Optus scratch point 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Alice is Wonderland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back