Chris Tarrant trade talk (merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Tarrant Meets with Demons...

If Collingwood could get the Demon's first rounder and Jamar for Tarrant, they should bite Fagan's hand off.

Jamar would make a serious difference to Fraser's impact on games.

Won't happen though.

Murray said:
If Tarrant, his manager, the Collingwood CEO, the Collingwood coach, the Collingwood Capatain all say.
"Tarrant will be at Collingwood next year" how come you included him, in looking for a new home?
Because that's exactly what clubs say about players before they trade them. If they go out and say "He is definitely gone from the football club" then it removes all trade value from the player, like we did last year with Shane Woewodin.

However, if teams think that we will be happy to keep him - And we will - Then they will realise that they actually have to put forth a decent offer to get him.

McLeod23 said:
If Collingwood could get the Demon's first rounder and Jamar for Tarrant, they should bite Fagan's hand off.

Jamar would make a serious difference to Fraser's impact on games.

Won't happen though.
Agree with that - It would probably be a little over the odds, given the improvement Jamar has shown this year.

Melbourne won't trade a solid backup ruckman again, unless he decides he wants to be a 1st string, and so leaves more opportunities.

Murray said:
footy_rulz said:
And there was NO CONFIRMATION on SEN either.

Malthouse was asked; "I hear you have been talking to Melbourne?"
Malthouse replied "We may have"

"What about?"
"Things in general"

Tarrants name wasn't even mentioned in relation to Melbourne.
In fact Malthouse said "I hope he lines up for us at FF next year"
right on the money! I think Taz will still be around next season and will only be traded if the deal is extremely sweet for us. Nick Smith and a 3rd rnd for Taz????? whoever suggested that you're ****ing dreaming!!!! LMAO You are trading us a bloke who hasn't played in what 3yrs or something like that and only had 15 odd mins of game time in the final vs freo!!!! 3rd string ruckman my ass..... he may not even be around within the next 12months. I'd rather stick with just Fraser by himself and an 'erratic' forward then pick up a nobody.

cobba said:
if i was the melbourne id keep the first round pick, i dont think tarrant is worth a 1st round!!

Well you'd know all about that with all of the first round draft picks your club's traded away. Who are you going to give up your first pick for this year..?

polak will fit nicely in at chb with us next year what would u want for him

HugeBluesFan said:
Tarrant aside, it should make for a very interesting Trade Week this year. Looks like players such as Everitt, Tarrant, Thornton, Polak and a few others will be looking for new homes. We might just get a bit of action this year.
love the way you throw thornton in there, haha. only a carlton supporter could do that

why would melbourne want tarrant, they have miller who gets more praise for doing less then tarrant

Have to admit, Nick Smith and a third rounder for Tazza was particularly humorous...

Don't think the Pies will bite on that one...

WakeUpTaz said:
why would melbourne want tarrant, they have miller who gets more praise for doing less then tarrant

Who praises Miller? Go to the Melbourne forums, most demon fans think he should be delisted, however Robertson pretty much plays the same role as Tarrant except he's better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Melbourne go after Tarrant it would show that they are not serious about winning a flag; I wouldn't have him in a fit.

Leave him at Collingwood to play out the rest of his mediocre career, over rated.

Everitt and pick 24 to Collingwood
Tarrant and pick 44 to Melbourne
Pick 11 to Hawthorn

Melbourne lose: pick 11.
Melbourne gain: Tarrant and pick 44.

Hawthorn lose: Everitt and pick 24.
Hawthorn gain: pick 11.

Collingwood lose: Tarrant and pick 44.
Collingwood gain: Everitt and pick 24.

Thoughts?

chiliboy said:
It's been building over the last week but tonight on SEN THEY CONFIRMED THAT NOT ONLY DID THE PIES AND DEMONS DISCUSS A POSSIBLE DEAL BUT also that ND and Chris Fagan met with the Key Forward on Friday..

No deal or proposal was mentioned, which means the ball is in our court, and IMO the pies obviously want something specifically from us..

IMO they may want A ruckman and a pick..

W eall know they went hard for White at the last minute last year..
What would you guys offer??

Do you think he'd fit in..

IMO:

ND is going to make a play for game breakers, players that can take us all the way while our window is open. WE have PLENTY of youth, and we could use the "SUPER DRAFT" to our advantage, ie: use our 2/3rd picks as bait to clubs wanting to rebuild and inject more youth.

I personally think Tarrant does need a kick in the anal region, and I geniunly belive we can change his attitude, and him getting away from Collingwood would fix half the problem already..

tarrant, would make our forward line THE MOST DANGEROUS in the competion, and he wouldnt have to take the best defender every week, and have less pressure..

MILLER WILL play @ CHF, so with a variation of Tarrant, Neitz, Robbo, Dunn, Smith, Newton with davey @ their feet.. well.... enough said..

Another bonus with Tarrant would be the adverse effect on Robbo, as he would also have less pressure, and as next year his knee will be fixed, he may have a ripper yaer, and play further up the ground, rotating with tarrant.. allowing Sylvia to be put permantly midfield/Wing..

The question though is at what cost??

A deal of Say.. Jamar Or Smith with a 3rd round pick, I would take easy.. Keep PJ, as he really has alot of versatility, and has a big tank, and great hands..

One deal mentioned is a straight swap for white, but NO DICE for me.. Unless say the pies added a pick say 4th round or a ready made player, Like say Wakelin/Maxwell/J.Cloke...

Neaves will be a listed player next year, and I think he will soon be our no.2, and within 3 years, poss no.1, all going well of course.. Plus, if a deal like I mentioned occured, Keating may be brought in to the fold..

I just cant see White being traded... however, I love Jamar, and after seeing Simmonds & now Jolly do so well, I would hate to see Jamar do the same.. BUT>> we are in the best position in the next 1-4 years to win a flag, and It's not a quick fix, as we have ALOT OF YOUTH..

I think WE'll pick up a big recruit or 2, and also a top up player ie: Jason Johnson/Medhurst/Byrnes..

Either Everitt, Aker (looking doubtful), Tarrant, Bradshaw, Michael or Petrie will be a demon in 07' IMO!!

Thoughts??

In one other rumour/Gossip I read on a site out of Port Adelaide is that they are very keen on Nathan Brown, and a deal for Thurstans may be the offer.. Also stated that We were asking about Salopek, but it seems despite all the rumours going round, he'll stay..

Im pretty sure this has been posted, but Nick Smith is attracting interst from the crows (he's from SA) and also the Cats.. I hope he stayss, he's getting there, and needs a pre-season, Which he has NEVER fully had.. I really believe he can be our next FF..

ive heard newton may not be around next year

Jarka said:
Who praises Miller? Go to the Melbourne forums, most demon fans think he should be delisted, however Robertson pretty much plays the same role as Tarrant except he's better.

id have miller at my club no problems at all, you know barry hall was undisciplined and look how consistent he has been lately, maybe a change of club is what miller needs.

DynamoUltra said:
Pick 11 to Hawthorn

Thoughts?

Too good for Hawthorn, too bad for Collingwood.

DynamoUltra said:
Pick 11 to Hawthorn

Thoughts?

Fantastic deal for all those concerned, well done.

Your still rooted in the ruck figgie and coxy showed what he did to a couple of avrage rucks on satday. and if anything ddid happn to fraser your not just rooted your rooted up the jacksy!!

Got a mate on the coteire and trust me. Woods are aftr spida in a big way. I cant type for **** but i know what im talking about here so dont tke the ****house typeing to mean im just another kid shooting his mouth of. 30 years working in ****, im a plumber and my own buisness and i know a bit about what goes on atwith a few players. Swannies his first choise then woods but saints making a play to. It will be oen of them three but dont be suprised if its the carringbush.

We're more than just stuffed in the ruck though.

I'm not against having Spider at the Club for a couple of years, just not at the effective cost of a top 15 draft pick.

I don't think that's an unreasonable request for a 33 year old injury plagued ruckman!

DynamoUltra said:
Pick 11 to Hawthorn

Thoughts?
Thoughts are:

We'd rather have pick #11 than Everitt and pick #24, so there's really no need for Hawthorn to be involved in this deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Tarrant trade talk (merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back