Chris Tarrant trade talk (merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Why Chris Tarrant is worth 2 first round draft picks.

I'm still laughing. This has to be one of the dumber threads I've come across in a long time.

To cough up 2 1st round picks you'd need to off load some serious playing talent to secure the 2nd 1st rounder.

Imagine the mocking I'd cop if I suggested that Collingwood spend the same on a similiar type in Corey Jones.

In a draft like this one, they'd have to give us their existing early pick, and off load a player such as Ben Johnson & their 2nd round pick to 'buy' another 1st round draft pick.

Wouldn't and couldn't happen

this has got to be one of the stupidest topics i have ever seen......and it wont get you the draft picks you are wishing for.....
i would even go as far as to say collingwood would have to give another team their picks in order to take tarrant of their hands. another rd1 and 2 would suit us nicely, and we will dispose of him at the end of 07. have a nice day

We've drafted a fair few KPP (Roughead, Franklin, Dowler) for our forward line, the only thing I can see Tarrant brining is negative media attention and a bad influence.

In a draft this strong, wouldn't offer much more than a 2nd round pick.

Quigley said:
Here's a tip collingwoord fans - I would prefer Kent Kingsley and he is likely to be available as a free agent.

Thats one way to prove you are a fool.

I'm not going to say he is clearly worth 2 first round picks but you must remember that the hawks got 2 first round picks for Hay. Hay was one of the worst fullbacks in the league in his last season at hawthorn.

SouthSwans said:
I think you drastically overrate Tarrant. You are talking like Tarrant is a KP star like another Jon Brown or Tredrea and we just don't realise it. Reality is Tarrant is no more than say an Andrew McDougall

An All-Australian and about 100 games difference between MCdougall and Tarrant, just for the record!!!
Funny that we all cut down the bloke who posts his argument but think everyone else can get away with espousing crap.

I would suggest some major therapy is needed here.

Chris Tarrant is worth what someone is willing to pay for him, period. Unfortunately these days in terms of a players 'price' they are like real estate. If someone is willing to give two first round picks, or a top player and a top pick to get Chris's (or any players) services then that is what they are worth. If they are only willing to give up a low draft pick and/or a fringe player then that is what they are worth. And we can all come on here and argue about it until we are blue in the face but it doesn't change that simple fact.

A FF who has only kicked 50 goals in a season twice with his PB set at 54 goals is worth 2 first rounders in the best draft of all time?

azza102 said:

I'm not going to say he is clearly worth 2 first round picks but you must remember that the hawks got 2 first round picks for Hay. Hay was one of the worst fullbacks in the league in his last season at hawthorn.

Hay might of got 2 first rounders from North, doesn't mean any other team would be dumb enough to do a trade like that. So using that as an example is kinda useless.

IMO Tarrant is totally overrated player, I wouldn't give anything under pick 30 for him. Then again I'd think I'd prefer to take a risk on a kid then pick up Tarrant.

If Collingwood rate him so highly and think he's worth "2 first rounders" then just keep him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

azza102 said:

list all the clubs that would take jon hay from north right now for 2 first round picks.

this is the exact same list of clubs that would take tarrant right now for 2 first round picks.

Re: Tarrant Meets with Demons...

Hells K1tch3n said:
Did u just offer a 3rd string ruckman and a late pick for Tarrant? :eek:

X! NO DEAL

Paul Johnson and picks 11 and 29 for Taz and pick 44 or we'll keep taz and he can continue to rip you guys a new one on QB

Your dreamin to get all those three. Dream all you like. That aint gonna happen. His not worth a player, first rounder and second rounder. No way.

Babylove said:
Chris Tarrant is worth what someone is willing to pay for him, period. Unfortunately these days in terms of a players 'price' they are like real estate. If someone is willing to give two first round picks, or a top player and a top pick to get Chris's (or any players) services then that is what they are worth. If they are only willing to give up a low draft pick and/or a fringe player then that is what they are worth. And we can all come on here and argue about it until we are blue in the face but it doesn't change that simple fact.

Yes i totally agree but to suggest that he is worth 2 1st rd draft picks is taking the piss.

Tennant said:
Hay might of got 2 first rounders from North, doesn't mean any other team would be dumb enough to do a trade like that. So using that as an example is kinda useless.

IMO Tarrant is totally overrated player, I wouldn't give anything under pick 30 for him. Then again I'd think I'd prefer to take a risk on a kid then pick up Tarrant.

If Collingwood rate him so highly and think he's worth "2 first rounders" then just keep him.

I can guarantee your coach would swap pick 30 for tarrant in 2 seconds. It would be a negligent act not to do so.

Dont need a hack in our team. If we get Gumbleton then that should solve our half forwrad line problems. Tarrent aint a CHF. His a FF. We alreday have our one. So no thankyou. Our draft picks are staying.

azza102 said:
I can guarantee your coach would swap pick 30 for tarrant in 2 seconds. It would be a negligent act not to do so.

I doubt it, since Tarrant is over 24 and wouldn't fit our youth policy. We don't need Tarrant, forward wise carlton isn't too bad. We need ruckman, midfielders and backman.

You honestly wouldn't take him for pick 30?

Fair enough I guess. Thats your opinion. I'm pretty confident to say there are not many coaches in the league that wouldn't make that trade.

azza102 said:

Fair enough I guess. Thats your opinion. I'm pretty confident to say there are not many coaches in the league that wouldn't make that trade.

Personally I wouldn't but I'm sure there are a few teams who would and give you more then that. Each to their own I guess.

azza102 said:

Both about the same age, both have trouble kicking straight and both are similar types of players.

One can't keep out of the pub, constantly flauts team rules, is a shocking influence on younger guys and has averaged less than 45 goals a year for the last 5 years (including 3 years under 40 goals in that time).

The other feels he has been unfairly victimised and has a big point to prove at his new club, has averaged over 50 goals per year and is paid probably half as much as the other.

Yeah when you think about it (not a strong suit for the pie fans admittedly) the choice probably is pretty easy.

azza102 said:

Pick 30 maybe , but will they want to pay his 400k per year salary.

Pretty expensive for a pick 30 player.

Quigley said:
Both about the same age, both have trouble kicking straight and both are similar types of players.

One can't keep out of the pub, constantly flauts team rules, is a shocking influence on younger guys and has averaged less than 45 goals a year for the last 5 years (including 3 years under 40 goals in that time).

The other feels he has been unfairly victimised and has a big point to prove at his new club, has averaged over 50 goals per year and is paid probably half as much as the other.

Yeah when you think about it (not a strong suit for the pie fans admittedly) the choice probably is pretty easy.

Kent has actually only averaged 38 goals a season over his 6 years at geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Tarrant trade talk (merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back