Chris Tarrant's bid to rejoin Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

I seriously doubt he will be delisted.

You're seriously wrong then.

lol

We'll just have to see what happens, I spose.

For the record, I would prefer Blight over Fraser - not that that's saying much...

I just can't see what else Collingwood have to offer, apart from maybe Anthony, that suits us. Fraser, Davis, Medhurst, Lockyer are all way too old and Dick, Wellingham, N Brown are off limits (with Goldsack, too, highly unlikely.)

So if Blight is the only option, then I'd prefer him to nothing. Unless some other club can come to the party in a multi-club deal???

I think John Anthony could be the best suggestion yet.

Seems to be out of favour with the pies so they'll entertain the trade. Plus JA was originally drafted as a Backman only for them to find he was such a good kick for goal he was tried forward.

Harvey could work his magic and turn him into a gun backman which has the flexibility to go forward and at only 22 he's got time on his side.

If we can help it i'd really rather not lose him for nothing, that wouldn't prove/solve anything..

Blight + 2nd rd pick

Well get used to the though of nothing getting proven/solved because Collingwood don't really need to get that desperate for him, the Ball experiment last year proves that and I don't think there's that much difference here. I can't see Collingwood offering a player plus a 2nd round pick this year.

I think John Anthony could be the best suggestion yet.

Seems to be out of favour with the pies so they'll entertain the trade. Plus JA was originally drafted as a Backman only for them to find he was such a good kick for goal he was tried forward.

Harvey could work his magic and turn him into a gun backman which has the flexibility to go forward and at only 22 he's got time on his side.

If we do end up with a Anthony which I still think is in the realms of possibility with some pick swapping, then I was thinking something along the same lines, otherwise I can't see his game being useful as a fwd only.

As i said before we are better off getting nothing from collingwood instead of davis.
He is past his best,heck i reckon jeff farmer could come back an add more to the team than davis.
We have Walters,Ballantyne playing the attacking small forward role, plus they can both push up into midfield an apply more defensive pressure than davis.

Our best hope to get a great deal for Taz is to get him to hawthorn.
Hawthorns only real weakness is defense, they will offer something of value to get a sure fix to that problem.
Collingwood seem to have a good backline an got plenty of players on the fringe that can step in an do the job, they have no real need for more defenders so will not give up anything of value.

Pretty sure Hawthorn would pick him up with their Brown compo pick, so they'd trade him to us for that just to be safe. if I'm wrong, they give us 35? instead. If Collingwood want him, they offer us someone we want, or their 1st :p. They were fine with using pick 30 for ball last year, so it's not crazy to think Taz would go for there abouts. I will admit, pick 25 may be a bit of Trade Table Karma for us though.

I think we'll get a 2nd rounder for him at the very latest, pick 35?. People saying 3rd round are being a bit shy :D.

As for all the talk about wanting a player, it's bollocks I reckon. Sure if it's a talented kid, we'd go for that, if not, we take the pick and either use it, or look to on trade it.

A 2 year rebuild isn't feasible to pump the list full of enough talent to go all the way imo. Sure we want to have a crack while Pav and Sandi are still here, but I think the club has learnt the hard way what happens when you don't finish the job. We are lucky enough to be in a situation where we can have our cake and eat it too.

I just can't see what else Collingwood have to offer, apart from maybe Anthony, that suits us. Fraser, Davis, Medhurst, Lockyer are all way too old....

Out of that group, Lockyer is the only one older than Taz.

Not a lot of love out there for Medders, even though it wasn't his idea to go?

Let's face it, he's been at two clubs and will be looking at a low-top 8 side at best if he doesn't go to collingwood.

Out of that group, Lockyer is the only one older than Taz.

Not a lot of love out there for Medders, even though it wasn't his idea to go?

if medhurst ends up back in our jumper i will be in danger of suffering from an anger induced stroke, even at the young age of 26 :mad: piss him off to westcoast for his super annuation, the days of us accepting other teams garbage for a final pay day are over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Harvey has come out and said he wants a player not a draft pick, but

Tarrant + Our 2nd/3rd Round Pick -> Pick 25

would be a viable option if deals with Collingwood aren't really going anywhere?

Considering what our recruiting staff have got out of picks 20-25 in the past two years (Ballantyne, Suban & Fyfe), getting an extra pick in that range would be more than handy for us.

From the other side of the coin, the pies would be downgrading their pick 12 or 29 places, so it's not completely unrealistic

That's just my opinion anyway.

If collingwood lose on Saturday they will more likely give us more to secure him as they need "something extra" to win.

I know Harvey has come out and said he wants a player not a draft pick, but

would be a viable option if deals with Collingwood aren't really going anywhere?

Considering what our recruiting staff have got out of picks 20-25 in the past two years (Ballantyne, Suban & Fyfe), getting an extra pick in that range would be more than handy for us.

From the other side of the coin, the pies would be downgrading their pick 12 or 29 places, so it's not completely unrealistic

That's just my opinion anyway.

Yep, at this stage i'd be down for a 2nd/3rd round upgrade.

You're seriously wrong then.

Cook, Lockyer, O'Bree, Corrie, Barham, Fraser will all go before Blight, there is virtually no chance we will delist him.

Saints wanted him in a straight swap for Ball last year and we said no, why would we delist a kid who could clearly pull something at the trade table?

Wouldn't surprise me to see him head home though, he'd be a good get. He looked close to debuting last year, went off the rails this year because of homesickness though I heard.
He'd most likely be involved in the trade if we went after Tarrant.

Can't see us letting go of Anthony considering Rusling just retired, our KPF stock is pretty slim now.

I'd definitely take that. Taz would be a handy player for us, and I think he could probably swing between the back line and forward line, and Derek Hine should be able to get something good for us.

And you guys move up the draft and add another quality youngster.

A new player enters the race?

Gavin Urquhart apparently wants out of the Kangas. What about;

Taz to Pies for pick 42, ontraded to Kangas for Urquhart?

All good IMO.

The difference here is I know the facts and you are speculating. Take it as fact he will be delisted.

Well you could only be Malthouse, Buckley or Hine considering you "know the facts". Considering we have bigger fish to fry this week and the draft camp is on I assume your actually none of them. So unless you pull out a source, your comments are nothing but farts in the wind!

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Tarrant's bid to rejoin Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back