Christensen wants out of Geelong for "personal reasons"

Remove this Banner Ad

Christensen is not as good as Beams.

However, he is a damn fine player nonetheless. Very few clangers, seems to always score goals, tough insider, and consistent.

He will be a big loss :(:cry:

seems your not that quick so I did them for you . . .

1359 disposals, 64 goals, 199 tackles, 219 inside fifties, 41 goal assists
1245 disposals, 56 goals, 249 tackles, 212 inside fifties, 46 goal assists

Quite similar. Not saying he's the next Dayne Beams but one guys has had an average run with injury while the other hasn't. Let's just see how much more upside is left in Beams from here on in.

Good of you to talk up an opposition player.

Beams is better statistically in almost every category, significantly better in most. But Cats fans will continue to try to pull the wool over your eyes. Don't buy it. It's bullshit.

Player Statistics Comparison
Dayne Beams Allen Christensen
110 Career Games 65
24yr 7mth Age 23yr 4mth
186cm Height 177cm
85kg Weight 80kg
CareerStats for SeasonCareer
110 Games 65
12.3 Kicks Per Game 9.6
12.0 Handballs Per Game 9.6
24.3 Disposals Per Game 19.2
4.4 Marks Per Game 3.1
1.1 Goals Per Game 0.9
0.8 Behinds Per Game 0.6
3.7 Tackles Per Game 3.8
0 Hitouts Per Game 0
0.9 Frees For Per Game 1.7
0.5 Frees Against Per Game 1.0

Now tell me where above you have compared the quality of possession? Aren't Hawk fans always telling us that Rioli only needs 10 touches a game to have the same impact as someone getting double that?

Rumours are rife, but many saying it has to do with shit he's mixed up with outside the club and he feels he needs to get away from a toxic group of friends (not fellow Geelong players so **** off trolls) who have been leading him astray. I'm hearing it has to do with gambling. Supposedly, his reason for leaving has nothing to do with the club itself (No personality clashes or arguments). Personally, if all this be true, then I have lost respect for the guy. Sounds like he's running away from his problems. This is a big shock to everyone at the Cattery, that I can assure you.

You're preaching to the choir on this one. There's lots of ways to deal with this other than move interstate. It's his life, and I guess he's entitled to make his own mistakes. But Geelong fans are gutted about it, so expect lots of booing when we play his new team.

Jesus mate, of all the reasons you hear about players wanting to move away that sounds like some pretty heavy stuff. He probably really needs a change of environment - battling addiction can be completely destructive and I'd say it wouldn't have been an easy decision to ask to leave Geelong where he grew up and probably barracked for the Cats his whole life.

Jesus mate, of all the reasons you hear about players wanting to move away that sounds like some pretty heavy stuff. He probably really needs a change of environment - battling addiction can be completely destructive and I'd say it wouldn't have been an easy decision to ask to leave Geelong where he grew up and probably barracked for the Cats his whole life.
I think the betting rumour has been proven to be a bit of a dud. The latest involves getting a women up the duff, but who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's worse, him running away it's not gonna solve anything. It just serves to highlight what a person of weak character he is.

Tell us more about his personal situation so we can understand it better?

Not having a go, but a lack of empathy indicates you have poor emotional intelligence.

Do you lose more respect for him then?

Seems a bit harsh to hate a player for wanting to leave for reasons unrelated to football.
It's the way he's gone about it. Springing it on the club midway through trade week, when if he'd discussed it with the club beforehand planning could have gone into his exit, and maybe, Geelong would have been looking to bring in a midfielder

It's the way he's gone about it. Springing it on the club midway through trade week, when if he'd discussed it with the club beforehand planning could have gone into his exit, and maybe, Geelong would have been looking to bring in a midfielder

I agree with you completely, that's a rational criticism rather than saying he's weak because he's running away from his problems.

???

Beams played eight games last year because of a hip injury.

Bizarre.
Don't think anyone is suggesting Beams isn't an exceptional player. What most are saying is that Christensen is grossly underrated by many here and that he has enormous upside as he's just approaching his prime.

Tell us more about his personal situation so we can understand it better?

Not having a go, but a lack of empathy indicates you have poor emotional intelligence.
Not having a go, but a lack of empathy indicates you have poor emotional intelligence

And your gullibility suggest you generally lack intelligence of any sort.

He said he wanted to go to Queensland for personal reasons. GC offered fair compensation to Geelong for his services but he insisted on Brisbane instead. Why? Because they're offering him more money. That doesn't sound like his personal problems are the real instigators of his move.

And your gullibility suggest you generally lack intelligence of any sort.

He said he wanted to go to Queensland for personal reasons. GC offered fair compensation to Geelong for his services but he insisted on Brisbane instead. Why? Because they're offering him more money. That doesn't sound like his personal problems are the real instigators of his move.

When it was made known a few months back that the lions had a huge whole in their salary cap I always thought it would get a few players interested. Christensen seem to come from no where and not until talk of the Lions getting a good 2nd round pick for Patful... It makes sense to pick the Lions for $$$ reasons over the GC. But anyone would be foolish to think that $$$ didnt play a big part in picking "QLD".... Not that I mind as he is a Lions player now. And it is got for our club to fill a roster spot with a top quality talent after losing 5 early draftees last year

But I still wonder if he would be on that much more then anything the cats would offer...when you consider the amount of retirements they will have in the coming years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Christensen wants out of Geelong for "personal reasons"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back