Geelong rorting the system

Remove this Banner Ad

You dont need paper bag for a discounted land purchase do you?

Or the have a building company construct you house or extension at a discount.

Likely get away with more shenanigans being out of the Melbourne fish bowl.

Geelong hold natural advantages linked to cost of living being cheaper in regional areas and not Melbourne.
Any evidence? Or just I Reckon?

Lol, OK then we should just accept that the AFL, whose integrity department have not uncovered a single salary cap breach this century, has a huge team of top flight auditors that are ensuring total integrity in the system.

I take you back to 2022. Geelong had just won the flag, and the Suns were looking to dump Jack Bowes and his huge salary and were prepared to gift a very high draft pick just to take him off their books. It was a deal every club would take - if they had the cap space.
Apparently the club that had the cap space was the most recent premiers.

Now who knows if there was anything dodgy going on there, but surely it's reasonable to be asking the question. Especially given the league's questionable history in enforcing it's own rules.
Here's the problem with BF. Posters like you voice your conspiracy theories and suspicions, and other posters lap it up as gospel - Guilt until proven otherwise.

Is it too difficult to believe a club can manage its finances with maximum prudence? In the recent HUN report on top paid players, Geelong had 3, compared with, say, Melbourne, who had 8. As Joel Selwood once said (and I am paraphrasing), "Players don't necessarily come to Geelong for the money".

If there was a hint of impropriety going on at GMHBA don't you thing someone like a Caroline Wilson, who doesn't like Geelong, would have made a feature of it?

Lol, OK then we should just accept that the AFL, whose integrity department have not uncovered a single salary cap breach this century, has a huge team of top flight auditors that are ensuring total integrity in the system.

I take you back to 2022. Geelong had just won the flag, and the Suns were looking to dump Jack Bowes and his huge salary and were prepared to gift a very high draft pick just to take him off their books. It was a deal every club would take - if they had the cap space.
Apparently the club that had the cap space was the most recent premiers.

Now who knows if there was anything dodgy going on there, but surely it's reasonable to be asking the question. Especially given the league's questionable history in enforcing it's own rules.
Collingwood the 2023 premiers, just signed a two time All Australian to the playing list without losing anyone on what would be considered a large contract.

Any evidence? Or just I Reckon?

Yes I have heaps of evidence that in the modern world you don't use brown paper bags full of cash any more.

There are much better ways to to the same thing. ;)

You could buy a $1 pub. No-one really knows if $1 is fair or a rort.

The US Navey sold a super carrier to a scrap company for $1.

Just saying bags of cash is seriously old school.

It does depend apparently. And it seems it's all ok to get caught and still get a game for Geelong.

Didn't the TAC cut ties with Geelong in 2017 after a spate of traffic offences by their players over time, including drink driving?

Stevie Johnson; Joel Selwood; Dawson Simpson; Billie Smedts & Brad Hartman all say hold my beer.

Well it doesn’t look like anyone from Geelong is in here trying to make out like their club delists or sits out all drink drivers while still playing drink drivers.

Why anyone at all wants to play moral arbiter for anything like this at all is beyond me regardless but that’s beside the point.

You dont need paper bag for a discounted land purchase do you?

Or the have a building company construct you house or extension at a discount.

Likely get away with more shenanigans being out of the Melbourne fish bowl.

Geelong hold natural advantages linked to cost of living being cheaper in regional areas and not Melbourne.

What is with this idea that Geelong is the only place in the world where you can purchase property 😂😂😂

Sorry to tell you but not everyone in the world wants a farm, and not every property in Geelong is cheaper than property in Melbourne

Here's the problem with BF. Posters like you voice your conspiracy theories and suspicions, and other posters lap it up as gospel - Guilt until proven otherwise.

Oh OK, so no questions allowed then, cos some nuff on bigfooty might take it as a guilty finding.

Is it too difficult to believe a club can manage its finances with maximum prudence? In the recent HUN report on top paid players, Geelong had 3, compared with, say, Melbourne, who had 8. As Joel Selwood once said (and I am paraphrasing), "Players don't necessarily come to Geelong for the money".

Great - but in terms of us as fans, how can we be confident of that?

I mean let's be honest here - if there was systemic rorting of the cap going on there what else would Selwood have said? He's not going to come out and admit it is he?

If there was a hint of impropriety going on at GMHBA don't you thing someone like a Caroline Wilson, who doesn't like Geelong, would have made a feature of it?
No, because that would require actual investigative journalism.

Well it doesn’t look like anyone from Geelong is in here trying to make out like their club delists or sits out all drink drivers while still playing drink drivers.

Why anyone at all wants to play moral arbiter for anything like this at all is beyond me regardless but that’s beside the point.
You responded to an OP and somewhat took the high moral ground. I merely pointed out to you that Geelong hasn't been immune from off field player indiscretions when it comes to driving offences (nor have a lot of other clubs)

Not having a go - I think you are one of the more rational and common sense posters on here (especially on the cricket boards)

And FWIW I admired Geelong's response to Stengle's incident; how your club and players backed him in - & compare that to what our players and coach did to Rachele by throwing him under the bus.

Which was disgraceful....

You responded to an OP and somewhat took the high moral ground. I merely pointed out to you that Geelong hasn't been immune from off field player indiscretions when it comes to driving offences (nor have a lot of other clubs)

Not having a go - I think you are one of the more rational and common sense posters on here (especially on the cricket boards)

And FWIW I admired Geelong's response to Stengle's incident; how your club and players backed him in - & compare that to what our players and coach did to Rachele by throwing him under the bus.

Which was disgraceful....

I don’t think I took anything of the sort.

What your club did re. Worrell was fine.

A crows fan having a go at us for playing a ‘drink driver’ when there is one currently on your list was my point.

Which ones?

Cameron
Dangerfield…..

And?

Wow. Two in 10 years.

Somebody slow us down
Josh Caddy
Hamish McIntosh
Jared Rivers
Mitch Clark
Rhys Stanley
Nakia Cockatoo
Patrick Dangerfield
Lachie Henderson
Zac Smith
Scott Selwood
Zach Tuohy
Gary Ablett jr
Gary Rohan
Luke Dahlhaus
Josh Jenkins
Jack Steven
Jeremy Cameron
Shaun Higgins
Isaac Smith
Jonathan Ceglar
Tyson Stengle
Jack Bowes
Tanner Bruhn
Oliver Henry

Oh OK, so no questions allowed then, cos some nuff on bigfooty might take it as a guilty finding.

Great - but in terms of us as fans, how can we be confident of that?

I mean let's be honest here - if there was systemic rorting of the cap going on there what else would Selwood have said? He's not going to come out and admit it is he?

No, because that would require actual investigative journalism.
Three words - Tall Poppy Syndrome

Josh Caddy
Hamish McIntosh
Jared Rivers
Mitch Clark
Rhys Stanley
Nakia Cockatoo
Patrick Dangerfield
Lachie Henderson
Zac Smith
Scott Selwood
Zach Tuohy
Gary Ablett jr
Gary Rohan
Luke Dahlhaus
Josh Jenkins
Jack Steven
Jeremy Cameron
Shaun Higgins
Isaac Smith
Jonathan Ceglar
Tyson Stengle
Jack Bowes
Tanner Bruhn
Oliver Henry

These are A graders are they?

Hell even Ablett when he returned was turning 34 a month into his first season back.
Nakia Cockatoo…. Not sure what he’s doing there as we drafted him and he played about 30 games for us over 6 years before he was sent to Brisbane for next to nothing.

The whole point about us supposedly rorting the system is based around getting gun players in below market value.

These aren’t gun players you’re listing.

Hell, one of the best on that list IMO is Ollie Henry and the biggest Geelong critic on this forum swears black and blue that he’s hopeless

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong rorting the system

Remove this Banner Ad

Back