Clark trade discussion #2 (please read opening post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thread here.

tumblr_lpf1fcWPJO1qehj79o1_500_thumb.jpg

Opposition supporters,

The Brisbane mods believe that contributions from opposition supporters add to the discussion, and we welcome your participation.

But the occasional poster is pushing the boundaries as guests on the board, so we ask you to be mindful of the following:

* don't pretend your opinions are 'the truth' - the 'I'm right and everyone else is wrong' attitude is not very classy.

* don't pretend to be a spokesperson for your club. Passing on comments about what people have said is genuinely appreciated. Saying 'my club 100% will/won't...' usually just makes you sound silly.

* don't threaten us with Clark walking into the PSD. WE KNOW.

* don't try to thwart discussion. If we want to talk about a potential trade for Zac Clarke then that is our prerogative, even if you think it is unlikely.

* don't be repetitive. When posters try to get the last word it gets annoying.

Of course all this is a matter of common courtesy, so it shouldn't be (and hasn't been) a problem for most people.

Cheers.

Re: Clark trade discussion (please read opening post) #2

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but could Zac Clarke be a possibility?

An interesting proposition. I wonder what Freo supporters would think of that trade? I imagine they'd have to throw in their first pick to even things up though.

Hasn't Clark already enrolled his daughter into pre-school in wa?

That would make it near on impossible for him to go anywhere else! :cool:

An interesting proposition. I wonder what Freo supporters would think of that trade? I imagine they'd have to throw in their first pick to even things up though.

What we think doesn't matter much but for what it's worth, almost everyone over on the Freo boards is dead against the idea.

In terms of seperating fact from speculation Zac himself has already publicly come out and said he wants to stay. He's got two years left on his contract, and I'm pretty sure Bond has also come out and said he's not going anywhere.

Not sure what other options the Lions would be interested in, but a Clark for Clarke deal doesn't look likely.

Hasn't Clark already enrolled his daughter into pre-school in wa?

That would make it near on impossible for him to go anywhere else! :cool:

Do you mean the Kindergate scandal?

If it's true then we should kiss our prospects of fair compensation goodbye...do you know how hard it is to get into a good kindy nowadays?

Won't somebody just pleeease think of the children???

:rolleyes:

What we think doesn't matter much but for what it's worth, almost everyone over on the Freo boards is dead against the idea.

In terms of seperating fact from speculation Zac himself has already publicly come out and said he wants to stay. He's got two years left on his contract, and I'm pretty sure Bond has also come out and said he's not going anywhere.

Not sure what other options the Lions would be interested in, but a Clark for Clarke deal doesn't look likely.

The question was tongue-in-cheek. It has been done to death in the first 1000 posts. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're right it's more likely a Clarke and pick 16 for Clark and our 2nd round.:p

Re: Clark trade discussion (please read opening post)

Rumours are being speculated that the Fremantle Dockers have paid for Mitch Clarks daughters Scholarship to her Kindy, could this be in violation of the Salary cap?

Freo = Collingwood and Carlton....surely not....

Hmmmm, sounds like every other Freo post. I thought the reason the new thread was started was to stop the repetitive " you won't get" comments. Not trying to be a dick, but hey

Re: Clark trade discussion (please read opening post)

Rumours are being speculated that the Fremantle Dockers have paid for Mitch Clarks daughters Scholarship to her Kindy, could this be in violation of the Salary cap?

What? Call in National security to investigate 'kindygate'. This type of scandal could bring down an administration!

Hmmmm, sounds like every other Freo post. I thought the reason the new thread was started was to stop the repetitive " you won't get" comments. Not trying to be a dick, but hey

Just quoting on reported facts, in response to a directly asked question. Maybe the answer will change when the questions does.

Just sayin.

In terms of who Freo would trade for Clark, isn't brainless speculation another one of those things you guys were trying to avoid? I mean there's a number of Freo players who may or may not be fighting to keep their spots... but of those, how many would you actually want?

Someone mentioned Bradley earlier.... as much as I actually like Kepler, I'm not sure what else the Lions would want in addition.

This thread has so far been full of waay mo' Win than 999 posts in the old thread (POBT's deadly Brownlow contending highbrow satire excluded) and your spoiling it with more of the same.

Just sayin...

Well... what would you have me say?

"Yes, by all means, we'll trade you pick 16 and Nat Fyfe. You know what? The heck with it, take Mick Barlow, David Mundy and Aaron Sandilands as well... we like you Brissie guys that much..." :rolleyes:

Again, I suggest that if you want different answers, did it occur to you that you may need to try asking different questions? Did you guys even want an actual discussion on what possible trades might occur, or did you just want blind meaningless agreement with your point of view?

"Yes, by all means, we'll trade you pick 16 and Nat Fyfe. You know what? The heck with it, take Mick Barlow, David Mundy and Aaron Sandilands as well... we like you Brissie guys that much..." :rolleyes:

Again, I suggest that if you want different answers, did it occur to you that you may need to try asking different questions? Did you guys even want an actual discussion on what possible trades might occur, or did you just want blind meaningless agreement with your point of view?

I suspect kuklinksi was looking for more lighthearted banter because after >1000 posts on the subject we'd all be surprised if there was any new ground to cover without more actual news coming to light.

Start with nothing and see how that works out.

Like bob said... pretty much every angle has been covered in response to the limited news available. The world won't end if we quieten down until more news comes to hand.

Start with nothing and see how that works out.

Like bob said... pretty much every angle has been covered in response to the limited news available. The world won't end if we quieten down until more news comes to hand.

I agree, the whole clarke trade talk it has definitely run its coarse so far...interesting will be what news starts coming out next week post the GF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back