Rumour Clarko to Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Clarkson would be given time to rebuild the team.
He knows he can make a difference and what stops a club from being an unstable rabble is a winning team.

So he knows he has time up his sleeve to get to a point where they are winning.

Club management can be a basket case and he just looks beyond that. Club has a good supporter base, good facilities and they are far from the worst playing group in the league.
And they do have a bunch of good mid age and young fellas to build quickly into .

All of these media pundits spruiking Essendon as the best option for him are laughable.

I heard some nuffy host on SEN evenings last night say it is the more prestigious role of the two options.

Essendon haven’t been anywhere near being a prestigious club for two decades. North at least have a good range of 21-25 year olds.

Essendon have:

a list that is middle of the road at best

a Stone Age footy department

a board that looks like a cross between Game of Thrones and Hunger Games

Even Slobbo is pleading with Clarko not to go there

All of these media pundits spruiking Essendon as the best option for him are laughable.

I heard some nuffy host on SEN evenings last night say it is the more prestigious role of the two options.

Essendon haven’t been anywhere near being a prestigious club for two decades. North at least have a good range of 21-25 year olds.

Essendon have:

a list that is middle of the road at best

a Stone Age footy department

a board that looks like a cross between Game of Thrones and Hunger Games

Even Slobbo is pleading with Clarko not to go there
What you failed to mention is that North is worse in all of those areas and also dont have facilities anywhere near like EFC. If he wants to stay in Victoria EFC would be the best fit.

What you failed to mention is that North is worse in all of those areas and also dont have facilities anywhere near like EFC. If he wants to stay in Victoria EFC would be the best fit.

I take it you haven’t seen Arden St in over 10 years? Their facilities are very good and they are currently extending them.

They’ve got Scott Clayton in charge of their list too, his best might be well behind him but he has at least had runs on the board in the past, unlike Mr October.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I take it you haven’t seen Arden St in over 10 years? Their facilities are very good and they are currently extending them.

They’ve got Scott Clayton in charge of their list too, his best might be well behind him but he has at least had runs on the board in the past, unlike Mr October.

look i get your point. We are a complete and utter ****ing disaster in most if not all departments of the club.

but there is about 50 layers of shit before you get from us to north. if there wasn't. Clarkson would have already signed with North and wouldn't even be considering us.

Clarkson wont fix us with a finger snap, but he has the personality to **** off all the dead waste in the club like dodoro etc. The fact we are even talking to him as late as we are is just another embarrassment for us. Even further to that what we are doing to Rutten is a ****ing joke.

If i take my essendon hat off i could say that easily north deserve clarko, they have put the work into him and deserve to land him. If we get him, its simply because we are more attractive, nothing more.

Last edited:

Yes that right , the facilities are third rate compared to the EFC development.
Norths shared community facility is lovely compared to what they had before but it is nothing on the Hangar complex which EFC enjoy.

I think the option here is:
A sentimental linked club with almost no pressure, good picks and 5 years verses a middle of the road club with huge cultural issues and a rabid supporter base that will go ballistic at the first sign things aren't working.
Choice is clear.

Scott Clayton? Please. He's a bigger myth than Dodo. Best behind him? Sacked from the dogs, shit job at cold toast. Has he swam across the bay yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Clarko to Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back