Coach Clarkson has left the building

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This story broke 3 hours ago yet Hawthorn still hasn't fronted the media or said a word. Surely they don't need this long to spin together whatever drivel they're going to throw at us

I'm staggered Hawthorn has lost control of the situation to the point they can't even get some media spin out to try and control the narrative. The longer they remain silent the longer the football public and, most significantly, us members, are left wondering who is running the place? What a mess.

Also, worth nothing the 1m payout for the greatest coach of the modern era is will be taxed at 50c or 75c in the dollar for exceeding the soft cap, so 1.5m-1.75m.

It's ultimately the right move by the club, but handled poorly. This is a monumental day for the club, morese in how they handle it from here on. What's done is done. It all starts now.

A shame we can't farewell Clarko, but as they say, divorces are messy. And make no mistake, this is very similar to a divorce.

It's raw right now. I knew about this last night, and struggled to sleep.

It's a massive day for the club. Let's see what they do from here.
why do you reckon they haven't announced it yet?

I'm staggered Hawthorn has lost control of the situation to the point they can't even get some media spin out to try and control the narrative. The longer they remain silent the longer the football public and, most significantly, us members, are left wondering who is running the place? What a mess.

Also, worth nothing the 1m payout for the greatest coach of the modern era is will be taxed at 50c or 75c in the dollar for exceeding the soft cap, so 1.5m-1.75m.

Can't say anything until they know they have the leaking party(s) sewn up tight otherwise whatever they say will be undermined again. Vandenberg and Reeves are certainly under the pump.

Still no word from the club - stuff must be hitting a rather large fan in the zoom calls RN

Apparently a press conference is incoming - the "power brokers" are still trying to decide who will front the media. Basically, who's going to catch the hand grenade

Source: Sarah Olle/Fox Sports on Twitter (I can't share tweets on this PC)

If I could offer some silver lining, feels like as good a time as any for this shambles to have unfolded. Plenty of time for the air to clear and to adjust to the new regime without affecting draft strategy or plans going forward. List wise we can't really be any worse off than now, and the turmoil might stop us getting any plucky late wins and giving us a worse draft hand. It is painful, and I hate how it has happened, but it feels like the resurrection could be swift if Sam is as good as the powers that be think he is.

Well, I suspect that are trying to figure out who has been leaking these details (one or more?) so that they can fix the mess in one hit. After getting that leadership sorted, they next have to speak with the players to make sure they are clear about what changes are being made and able to ask their questions. And then they can talk to all of us.

The leaker(s), obviously close to Clarkson, is creating a faction in the club that has to excised today. There's going to be some looking people in the eyes moments and some big decisions getting made. Richie is working overtime.

And if it turns out that it isn't a Clarkson faction which is undermining all this but actually a Mitchell faction which has been actively white-anting Clarkson and the whole succession commitment, well then we're truly f’ed.

So a bit of hard discussions going on here for Richie to be certain WTF is going on and getting it cleaned up now. Today. Won't be quick.
I would suggest that’s one of the two people that rely on Clarkson to put food on the table.

His manager, or Bolton.

thanks for everything mate

my one and only contribution to this thread after the dumpster fire that was the last one

have fun!!
Happening I believe. And maybe the end of this board, who have done a Roman Emperor trick and kill anybody getting in your way. Or??? unless your Commodus?
Then you can be removed by a gladiator who you trained yourself???? Ooops

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happening I believe. And maybe the end of this board, who have done a Roman Emperor trick and kill anybody getting in your way. Or??? unless your Commodus?
Then you can be removed by a gladiator who you trained yourself???? Ooops

i have no idea how what you are saying has remotely anything to do with me, but I love it nonetheless

Maybe it’s all a lie and everything is fine and the club doesn’t feel the need to explain what’s already been explained.

Its a nice thought anyway
Imagine haha "Ahh sorry guys we were watching a movie. What happened?"

Membership must get a vote to remove the Board and re sign Clarkson without that board, so he can DO HIS JOB!

THE ABSOLUTE STUPIDITY OF THIS IS SHOWN, WHEN YOU SEE SAM BEING LIFTED TO THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN AGAINST A MAN THAT HAS CLIMBED FOUR AND NEARLY FIVE MOUNTAINS, AND HAS THE RUNS ON THE BOARD,
and is still capable OF TAKING US TO ANOTHER MOUNTAIN, sAM HAS YEARS AHEAD, WAIT, BECAUSE THIS COULD TURN INTO THE WORST THING FOR OUR CLUB THROUGH BAD BLOOD, THAT, OUR CLUB HAS CREATED WITH THIS INSANITY.

Caro trolling again

This is the worst thing. The smug git in Caro is now justified in her pure speculation, which will give her rotten views air time for another decade, with all the self-congratulatory pats on the back to come.

Hate this whole farce.

Clean the board out and appoint Dixon head, I don't care. At least he's genuine.

Coming from the board? So the board voted unanimously to end Clarkson's tenure and also unanimously to appoint Mitchell but some on the board, despite their vote, chose to undermine that vote?

For that to be true then either Kennett lied about the unanimous nature of the votes or a board member is unwilling to voice his concerns in the board room but willing to voice them to reporters anonymously. If a board member disagreed with this course of action then they had the opportunity to voice that position. If enough disagreed then they could have stopped it.

Coaching problems are the least of Hawthorn's worries in that scenario, no matter what the truth is.
All those stories about the board wanting Clarko out and Clarko digging his heals in that spilled out 2-3 weeks ago clearly came from the board, or people connected with. I have long suspect Caro has had a line with a few on the board given the stories about the hawks the last 12 months, and she has more or less suggested that on radio.

The more recent stuff is likely pro-Clarkson, and probably a combination of football department and maybe even his manager.

Either way, reporters have said as much on various publications that we are spilling out from every level, and "we've never leaked like this before".

Although to be fair, let's make sure to blame the true source of this mess:

Collingwood passed on their board idiocy to our board, like a plague :p

(partial joke - our board are still complete numpties)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back