News Clarkson news, media etc - he’s off into the Sunset!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Also make sure you don’t watch the presser and just make up your own conclusions that are in complete contradiction with things said in it.
For sure.
I'm not overly happy about the situation but this has a long way to play out.

However, what i am not going to do is to take it personally because my political biases make me feel threatened...

Let the real facts decide this case...
At this stage, Clarko and Mitch seemed convincing.

Bottom line is we just got rid of the best AFL coach of all time for Sam Mitchell.
Lets think about this for minute.... Why?

Because in fxxkwit Jeff’s extensive experience of the corporate world he has apparently learned that organisations cannot continue to be successful with the same person leading over an extended period. Clarko was ready to go on, forever it seems.

Bottom line is we just got rid of the best AFL coach of all time for Sam Mitchell.
Lets think about this for minute.... Why?

It shows playing talent is king first and foremost then doesn't it, when under Clarkson our last 5 seasons read 12th, 5th, 9th, 15th and 17th.

For sure.

However, what i am not going to do is to take it personally because my political biases make me feel threatened...

Clarko took it on the chin - wouldn't expect anything less.

For sure.

For sure.

I voted for Jeff when he was Liberal leader. That’s irrelevant to this topic. This decision stinks to high heaven.

Because in fxxkwit Jeff’s extensive experience of the corporate world he has apparently learned that organisations cannot continue to be successful with the same person leading over an extended period. Clarko was ready to go on, forever it seems.
3petes and equalisation will do that ,the future was looking good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For sure.

I mean today’s presser confirmed for me how much I respect and admire Clarko. It’s not like I want him ushered out - but nothing lasts forever and the history of sport would tell you that great coaches might stay sharp into their third decade at the helm but the success starts to dry up (Alex Ferguson a notable outlier of course).

I think Clarko has all but anointed Mitchell as his successor over the years - so it’s because of this I’m not so worried about the transition. Clarko can’t coach us forever - the green shoots are showing so it’s probably an ideal time for the handover to happen. That Sam is presently at Box Hill and heads up player development is even more ideal for the transition.

I'm guessing people are still having their thoughts HFC centred right now, but jeez 2022 could be interesting if Clarko doesn't decide his future right away.

How pissed would you be as a coach at another club, trying to cement your future, while your board is putting off any deals, waiting on a phone call to see if they're the lucky ones to get Clarko's services.

Did syl apologise to Linda crs?
No need for him to do so, I understand my statement seemed farcical at the time. Having watched the press conference again farce is the right word. We are all Hawthorn supporters and what makes a good forum is varied opinion, my knowledge was respectfully challenged and that’s fair enough.

Well I think its biased you basing your conclusions on people that aren’t fans of this decision by the way they vote. That’s hypocrisy champ.
Your powers of observation fail you.
There are people wailing in here at the moment who have been wailing against Jeff for years.

You must have blinked and missed it.

The landscape of AFL is different today to how it was when Clarkson was hired. A succession plan in coaching was never talked about. Jason was my favourite footballed growing up. He had a big say in Clarkson being Hawks coach. But all things come to the end. Someone was going to be the next coach of Hawthorn, why not someone who is motivated like Sam Mitchell. He needs a bit more time to develop at Box Hill, but with Collingwood on the look out he may of went to them.

Jeff Kennett would not have been the President of Hawthorn if we had a succession plan for a new President in action. He should stay on the board for an extra three years to make sure the next person comes in and does a good job. He plans to leave at the end of the next season, decide who will replace you before you leave and train them up. If it is good for the coaching role it is good for the President's role as well.

Yep.
And i seriously doubt he will go to the Pies, or leave before the end of next year.

Actually it sounded to me like he wont coach after this - at least for some time. But then again, thats my me and my pseudo mind reading acting up again..
you didnt watch The Chief tonight did you ?

Mitchell is probably the most highly credentialed senior coach in waiting as it currently stands. He was very highly touted in his time at WC, and looks to be doing a good job a BH. The benefit to Hawthorn in appointing Mitchell from within is we know what his strengths and weaknesses are as a coach - thus we dont have to venture totally in to the unknown.

Clarko is to good not to get snapped up, and I am sure that he will receive at least 4 or 5 offers in the next couple of months.

But wouldnt surprise me if he takes some time out and gives some time back to his family - spoke of the sacrifices he has had to make and the impact particularly on his family.

I wonder if Jeff is on Clarko's Christmas Card list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back