NO TROLLS Clarkson signs on as new North Melbourne coach - No Trolling

Remove this Banner Ad

Get stuffed ...the AFL has already helped them out with Clarko. Although they do love to rattle the tin.
Stop your sooking.
They will either get middle of first round priority pick or front of first round.
Two wins and their percentage so bad is going to be quite attractive to AFL to have them get big one at the front of first round now.
I would not have picked it months back but only two wins with that percentage has been lower than we seen for an established club in some time.
I'm half expecting it now.

Great decision by Clarkson in the end. Of course there's a lot of work to do at North, but they're the closer of the two options he had to playing finals simply by the other choice being Essendon.

Stop your sooking.
They will either get middle of first round priority pick or front of first round.
Two wins and their percentage so bad is going to be quite attractive to AFL to have them get big one at the front of first round now.
I would not have picked it months back but only two wins with that percentage has been lower than we seen for an established club in some time.

Middle of the first round is way too much. Even the first pic of the 2nd round is too unfair imo. Maybe middle of the second round for a priority pick

Also the way they played the first half today was the clearest tanking seen for a long time. They were determined to screw up their many chances at goal until GC got a big enough lead. Rewarding this behavior just makes it worse in coming years

Get stuffed ...the AFL has already helped them out with Clarko. Although they do love to rattle the tin.
images

It's a great get for them, but it needs to be seen as a good start. Carlton have proven time and time again that a good coach with a poor list and poor footy department doesn't take you far.

He had a great list, great recruitment, great leadership, a wealth of top 30 and top 10 picks, priority picks, good recruiting and good assistant coaches he was very open about letting them take the reins at Hawthorn. He will need all of that again to achieve close to the same.

Stop your sooking.

Surely its pick 19 and no higher. The other clubs wouldnt allow any more than that.

Surely its pick 19 and no higher. The other clubs wouldnt allow any more than that.
The AFL will do whatever they want to do.
19 I think is perfectly fine but I suspect after only two wins and percentage under 60 clearly that the AFL narrative will find a way to make the most of that.
Their list is better than plenty of other teams with only two wins over recent decades, but in the end, I do not think the AFL look into the finer details when they have a narrative they want to go with. I've already accepted the AFL will just do what the AFL do best. Narratives to suit their agenda at any point in time.

The AFL will do whatever they want to do.
19 I think is perfectly fine but I suspect after only two wins and percentage under 60 clearly that the AFL narrative will find a way to make the most of that.
Their list is better than plenty of other teams with only two wins over recent decades, but in the end, I do not think the AFL look into the finer details when they have a narrative they want to go with. I've already accepted the AFL will just do what the AFL do best. Narratives to suit their agenda at any point in time.

Their President has talked up the list and said she expects finals in 2 years.

Clearly they dont need much support.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I absolutely agree they do not need one but they have asked for one anyway, and I expect one will come their way.

Which is why 19 makes sense. Doeant impact on the 1st round but can still be used for a good player or as trade bait.

11 also makes sense as the non finals teams all get a pick (unless they had traded them away last year). But 19 feels right.

The other thing they may do is offer 2 years of support with caveats, like GCS got.

Which is why 19 makes sense. Doeant impact on the 1st round but can still be used for a good player or as trade bait.

11 also makes sense as the non finals teams all get a pick (unless they had traded them away last year). But 19 feels right.

The other thing they may do is offer 2 years of support with caveats, like GCS got.
I do not like the 2 years of support like GCS got..
The AFL narrative for that was based on special assistance as new club that needed a re-set after first decade was a mess.
North are not a new club. The AFL cannot copy the new club special assistance club package for the North situation.

I'd be very happy if they got pick 11 as would feel fairest of all without impacting other clubs unfairly. But I suspect the narrative has already been set for something more....

So not many.
Not many coaches have premiership success at all. Of the ones that do a whole bunch win one flag in short coaching careers and the ones that win more than one flag have won 14 Premierships since 1970. IE Over a quarter of all premierships since 1970 have been won by coaches that coached more than one GF win and did it at multiple clubs. Apart from Clarko every GF winning coach of the last decade is still coaching at the first club they coached to a flag so in the 41 years 1970 - 2010 it was 14 flags won by coaches that won them at multiple clubs. IE over one in every three GFs was won by a coach that coached multiple clubs in that period.

I picked 1970 cos it was when Barassi won a flag for Carlton (his second.) He was the first really "mobile" coach - he coached multiple sides and had success at two of them - and it was from around that time that the modern era of footy began to develop.

So not that many but considering what opportunities are available ... its not that unusual that good coaches have GF success at multiple clubs.

We've never rattled tins, and trhe AFL didn't help us.

We're a well run professional sporting organisation. Essendon would do well to learn from us.

We've never rattled tins, and trhe AFL didn't help us.

We're a well run professional sporting organisation. Essendon would do well to learn from us.
society is cooked when a Norf supporter says this

Can someone wake me up now please/

society is cooked when a Norf supporter says this

Can someone wake me up now please/

Truth hurts.

The sooner you lot wake up to reality the better.

If we had your money, we'd win five flags a decade.

We are a far better run club than you, like, it is hilarious just how badly run you are.

You have started copying us on stuff like Windy Hill upgrades though - using a model we pioneered.

If you had any branes you'd try and get Laura Kane in as your CEO to replace that preening fraud Campbell.

That'd be the first step you could take to regaining some stability.

Truth hurts.

The sooner you lot wake up to reality the better.

If we had your money, we'd win five flags a decade.

We are a far better run club than you, like, it is hilarious just how badly run you are.

You have started copying us on stuff like Windy Hill upgrades though - using a model we pioneered.

If you had any branes you'd try and get Laura Kane in as your CEO to replace that preening fraud Campbell.

That'd be the first step you could take to regaining some stability.
no one is denying we are shit show. Even in our dire straights we still seem to clog up the papers, the cliques, the articles. People lap it up to pot us..

Wake up and realise, we may be shit on and off field but people just lap up anything Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

NO TROLLS Clarkson signs on as new North Melbourne coach - No Trolling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back