NO TROLLS Clarkson signs on as new North Melbourne coach - No Trolling

Remove this Banner Ad

The reporting on this has been *in bullshit, and displays a gross bias that exists throughout the media.

Caro said last night that Clarkson should go to Essendon if he can, because they're a bigger club. That was literally her reasoning, and the rest of the panel was on board with it. It's not just that old witch either, on AFL 360 and other programs they were saying the same.

What does this say about the landscape of the AFL? The most prominent journos in the sport think that you should only consider a club like North if all other options are exhausted. They consider North is a last resort, and that North should be happy to just pick up who is left after the "big clubs" have had their pick.

It's just gross, and painfully transparent. Caro looked like she was about to throw up for even having to speak about North Melbourne. She and people like her genuinely believe that small Vic clubs do not deserve the opportunities that are afforded to big clubs. They believe that our clubs are inherently inferior.

It's some weird elitism that I can't wrap my head around lol
Yeah, she loves us. We get a free ride from Caro all the time. Clear bias. Even former Nth player David King has said Ess should be going after Clarkson.

Would not be looking at Leon Cameron if I were North.

He couldn't get it done with a much better list already.

Gee wizz you just have to feel for North!! First Bucks, then players like Dusty & Kelly gave hope that they could land a big fish for it to be only ripped away. Then they get bagged for bringing in C grade recruits like Hall, Polec & Tyson but what are they meant to do?
It's sad that people like to stick the boot in while they're down with things like the Tassie talk when we should be fighting to keep another foundation club in the AFL.
Anyway I hope Clarko chooses North over the druggies.

Originally I wanted Buckley but apparently he is happy to stay in the media, I don't blame him, much easier caper and he is very good at it.

I'd be happy for Adams to stay on for a year (plus triggers for 2nd / 3rd) because I always rated him as a high footy IQ player.

The players seem to like him and I can see Adams having a successful coaching career at the top level (either as head coach or assistant).

I understand however that the club (and supporters) may prefer a more 'long term' / 'proven' appointment.

If it were me I'd be giving Matthew Knights two years (plus triggers) but I know most people on this forum hate Knights for some reason.

There has to be somebody out there better than Clarksons.

I'm not a big fan of Hinkley but I'd prefer him to Clarksons.

Leon Cameron, no thanks.

Adam Yze? I honestly don't know anything about his coaching prowess, but I'd still take him over Clarksons.

What about Ross Lyon?

Agree with Paul Hasleby

Ross Lyon would be a good fit at North you only have to look what he did at Fremantle got them to a GF in a short space of time he will set standards can see North rise up the ladder quickly under him.

If Essendon don't get Clarkson then Ross would be my second choice.

Gee wizz you just have to feel for North!! First Bucks, then players like Dusty & Kelly gave hope that they could land a big fish for it to be only ripped away. Then they get bagged for bringing in C grade recruits like Hall, Polec & Tyson but what are they meant to do?
It's sad that people like to stick the boot in while they're down with things like the Tassie talk when we should be fighting to keep another foundation club in the AFL.
Anyway I hope Clarko chooses North over the druggies.
Completely agree, they have tried so hard to lure players and now a coach over. I would be absolutely gutted if I was a north supporter. Like what exactly are they supposed to do?
Also, if they struggled to lure players to the club when it was in Melbourne how do you think they will get players to come to Tasmania?
Then you have all those against a priority pick.
Potentially losing clarko to a team who was dragged in front of world for cheating…

I sincerely hope that they get Clarko and a PP. i get that they delisted a ton of players and a lot of their woes are somewhat self inflicted but I don’t see anyway out for them without assistance. They shouldn’t be left to rot while other teams get looked after.

Completely agree, they have tried so hard to lure players and now a coach over. I would be absolutely gutted if I was a north supporter. Like what exactly are they supposed to do?
Also, if they struggled to lure players to the club when it was in Melbourne how do you think they will get players to come to Tasmania?
Then you have all those against a priority pick.
Potentially losing clarko to a team who was dragged in front of world for cheating…

I sincerely hope that they get Clarko and a PP. i get that they delisted a ton of players and a lot of their woes are somewhat self inflicted but I don’t see anyway out for them without assistance. They shouldn’t be left to rot while other teams get looked after.
100% this. Tassie deserves their own team. I just feel that the locals will get behind their own team more than a relocated one. Swans was a success but that was whole new market in NRL territory. Tassie is AFL to heart.

100% this. Tassie deserves their own team. I just feel that the locals will get behind their own team more than a relocated one. Swans was a success but that was whole new market in NRL territory. Tassie is AFL to heart.
Also, I think the afl would still be more inclined to let their new TAS Roos twist in the wind than if a completely new and Tasmania’s own team was formed. Also, like you said tasmanians themselves will get behind this team and make sure the afl helps get them off the ground and genuinely put money into the Club via memberships, ticket sales, merch etc.
But give them some melb cast off and I feel many won’t attend or buy into the club as a form of protest.

Whichever club he goes to, you would have to think he has in writing that he will see his tenure out. Both Essendon and North have shafted their current coach after only a short period, any potential coach would be iffy you would feel. GWS are decent in that regard at least, Leon Cameron had a good run.

Whichever club he goes to, you would have to think he has in writing that he will see his tenure out. Both Essendon and North have shafted their current coach after only a short period, any potential coach would be iffy you would feel. GWS are decent in that regard at least, Leon Cameron had a good run.
at least we only shaft our coach when out of contract

dons trying to shaft a contracted coach

if we agree to tenure we see it out

I honestly believe Clarkson has strung both North and GWS along. Putting pressure on Essendon to move and that’s exactly what’s happened.

Reports came out a few weeks ago he was interested in the Essendon job. I thought it was odd when GW on 360 stated he might wait out another year. It seems that it’s been a “secret” in the AFL that he was asked by a faction of the Essendon board to come across and he was keen to take them up on the offer.

Why have interviews with GWS if you had no intention to move interstate? After all of this time, why hasn’t he signed at North? Just seems off to me.

Could be wrong, but I honestly believe he will be coaching Essendon next year.

I honestly believe Clarkson has strung both North and GWS along. Putting pressure on Essendon to move and that’s exactly what’s happened.

Reports came out a few weeks ago he was interested in the Essendon job. I thought it was odd when GW on 360 stated he might wait out another year. It seems that it’s been a “secret” in the AFL that he was asked by a faction of the Essendon board to come across and he was keen to take them up on the offer.

Why have interviews with GWS if you had no intention to move interstate? After all of this time, why hasn’t he signed at North? Just seems off to me.

Could be wrong, but I honestly believe he will be coaching Essendon next year.
After 4 weeks of speaking to North you think Clarkson would have commited to North and said no to Essendon when they came calling

After 4 weeks of speaking to North you think Clarkson would have commited to North and said no to Essendon when they came calling
Exactly. Which is why I believe his management said to the Essendon “Clarkson” faction, “what’s your final decision,” which has led to the spill of the board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. Which is why I believe his management said to the Essendon “Clarkson” faction, “what’s your final decision,” which has led to the spill of the board.
North want an answer tomorrow if he rejects them then tomorrow things will move swiflty for Essendon and would tell Rutten he's done and hold a presser

Agree with Paul Hasleby

Ross Lyon would be a good fit at North you only have to look what he did at Fremantle got them to a GF in a short space of time he will set standards can see North rise up the ladder quickly under him.

Im not sure Ross wants the job though.

Would you make Ross go through a process considring he hasn't coached for about 5 years?

Maybe but he seems pretty happy with his media gigs to me. I doubt he coaches again.

We haven't given him a 24hr deadline. If Robbo is even correct, we've asked for a status report.
If we haven’t we should we have a lot of pieces to put in place for the offseason, if we need to go down a different path we really need to know now

If the North honchos were smart, they would have given Clarkson a deadline as soon as the 'conversations' were leaked to the media.

Here's the salary, here's the years, here's any relevant clauses or triggers or whatever, do you want the job or not?

Otherwise he could (and naturally would) just pull a Buckley / Martin / Gaff / Kelly and use the offer as leverage to shop around.

Much of that shopping done via the media.

All that does is make us look like a second-rate rabble (which we probably are, but why let the brand suffer further damage?)

The only positive to this sorry saga has been watching the bigfooty north board do their usual love/hate/love/hate flipflops.

They do this every single time a 'big fish' uses us as leverage.

When they think we've landed the fish, 'we love this guy he's the best this is the start of a new era woohoo'

When it looks like the big fish has gone elsewhere, 'that guy is crap anyway we're better off without him we dodged a bullet'

You can set your watch to it.

Forget the Kangaroos, the bigfooty north board is more befitting the North Melbourne Sour Grapes.

Sour Grapes.jpg

Agree with Paul Hasleby

I don't disagree with this. Choco another one I wouldn't mind, he's been involved with so many flags at Port, Tigers, Dees.
A big no to Cameron though.

Remove this Banner Ad

NO TROLLS Clarkson signs on as new North Melbourne coach - No Trolling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back