NO TROLLS Clarkson signs on as new North Melbourne coach - No Trolling

Remove this Banner Ad

received_444193184293773-jpeg.1478442

If Clarkson goes to Essendon and Yze goes to the Giants who do the Roos land?

If they want an experienced coach then Lyon is probably the only one that doesn’t have a club. Hinkley and Simpson are two that could use new starts but are both under contract.

Kingsley and Hansen are two untried coaches who could be good options if the Roos wanted to go down that route.

Or they could go down the caretaker route and look at McVeigh or Adams.

Lyon, Kingsley and Adams have to all be strong options for North depending on which way they lean.

Essendon are a much better prospect for Clarkson. He tried to rebuild Hawthorn post 15 flag and they’ve really struggled. Straight sets in 16 & 18 and no finals since. They’ve been pretty average to be honest. You’d be thinking Hawthorn need to make the 8 next year or else it’s going to start frustrating a heap of members, supporters.

When is a reasonable time for North to play finals? 2024? Doubtful. 2025-2026 more likely. Clarkson is best going to a club with the list that could rise a lot quicker. Like Hawks of 04.
What he'll get at North which he didn't have at Hawthorn and will have less of at Essendon, is a shit load of talented kids. With even more to come this year with probably 2 picks in the top 19 assuming we get the PP.

What he'll get at North which he didn't have at Hawthorn and will have less of at Essendon, is a s**t load of talented kids. With even more to come this year with probably 2 picks in the top 19 assuming we get the PP.
Essendon has a lot of talented kids too.

Clarkson has said he would love to coach one of the big victorian clubs well now it's his chance if he wants it

If Clarkson ends up at Essendon (which seems likely as he will have a team capable of succeeding without all the rebuild) I reckon North has dodged a bullet. I would think someone like Leon Cameron who has a solid coaching resume and did some very good work at GWS with a young team would be a much more suitable fit. IMO North have played the whole coaching thing wrong. Clarkson isn't the answer for North.

If Clarkson ends up at Essendon (which seems likely as he will have a team capable of succeeding without all the rebuild) I reckon North has dodged a bullet. I would think someone like Leon Cameron who has a solid coaching resume and did some very good work at GWS with a young team would be a much more suitable fit. IMO North have played the whole coaching thing wrong. Clarkson isn't the answer for North.
i think Cameron would be odds on to come in with Clarkson as senior assistant.
If Rutten goes, i imagine Caracella does too.
Gia might be one that the Roos look at but he's not held a gig before. Bevo student, so may appeal to Clarkson to keep him on
Tapping and Tudor i reckon are gone from us.

Clarkson will come with a team. Curious who from his previous hawks days he grabs, but Cameron has to be high on the list.

I would take Clarko over Leon, no question. Cameron is very vanilla, and from what I saw of him on the Marking Their Mark doco last year, I wasn't impressed, it's not surprising why they have lost top talent every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who do you want to coach us?

Originally I wanted Buckley but apparently he is happy to stay in the media, I don't blame him, much easier caper and he is very good at it.

I'd be happy for Adams to stay on for a year (plus triggers for 2nd / 3rd) because I always rated him as a high footy IQ player.

The players seem to like him and I can see Adams having a successful coaching career at the top level (either as head coach or assistant).

I understand however that the club (and supporters) may prefer a more 'long term' / 'proven' appointment.

If it were me I'd be giving Matthew Knights two years (plus triggers) but I know most people on this forum hate Knights for some reason.

There has to be somebody out there better than Clarksons.

I'm not a big fan of Hinkley but I'd prefer him to Clarksons.

Leon Cameron, no thanks.

Adam Yze? I honestly don't know anything about his coaching prowess, but I'd still take him over Clarksons.

What he'll get at North which he didn't have at Hawthorn and will have less of at Essendon, is a s**t load of talented kids. With even more to come this year with probably 2 picks in the top 19 assuming we get the PP.
You're almost getting there...

And why didn't Clarkson have a shitload of talented kids?

If Clarko goes to North he doesn't go to the drug cheats and that makes me happy.

If Clarko goes to the Bombers it would be another monumental North offseason failure and that would also be quite funny.

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

The reporting on this has been ****in bullshit, and displays a gross bias that exists throughout the media.

Caro said last night that Clarkson should go to Essendon if he can, because they're a bigger club. That was literally her reasoning, and the rest of the panel was on board with it. It's not just that old witch either, on AFL 360 and other programs they were saying the same.

What does this say about the landscape of the AFL? The most prominent journos in the sport think that you should only consider a club like North if all other options are exhausted. They consider North is a last resort, and that North should be happy to just pick up who is left after the "big clubs" have had their pick.

It's just gross, and painfully transparent. Caro looked like she was about to throw up for even having to speak about North Melbourne. She and people like her genuinely believe that small Vic clubs do not deserve the opportunities that are afforded to big clubs. They believe that our clubs are inherently inferior.

It's some weird elitism that I can't wrap my head around lol

The reporting on this has been *in bullshit, and displays a gross bias that exists throughout the media.

Caro said last night that Clarkson should go to Essendon if he can, because they're a bigger club. That was literally her reasoning, and the rest of the panel was on board with it. It's not just that old witch either, on AFL 360 and other programs they were saying the same.

What does this say about the landscape of the AFL? The most prominent journos in the sport think that you should only consider a club like North if all other options are exhausted. They consider North is a last resort, and that North should be happy to just pick up who is left after the "big clubs" have had their pick.

It's just gross, and painfully transparent. Caro looked like she was about to throw up for even having to speak about North Melbourne. She and people like her genuinely believe that small Vic clubs do not deserve the opportunities that are afforded to big clubs. They believe that our clubs are inherently inferior.

It's some weird elitism that I can't wrap my head around lol

Thought you guys would be used to this by now.

The only time North get any media spotlight is when they are talking about ways to relocate you.

Thought you guys would be used to this by now.

The only time North get any media spotlight is when they are talking about ways to relocate you.

Usually they're a bit more subtle. Now that Essendon has joined the race, they're openly saying "ok f*ck Norf then" lol

Right now i would say it is 60-40 Essendons favour.

Nothing guaranteed until we see him in either clubs polo.

If I'm North now, the lever im pulling is to offer him complete control. Move on Amarfio and allow Clarko to hand pick the CEO, as well as clear the decks to bring in Viney and his Assistants.

If that has already been offered, then we may be completely done.

Remove this Banner Ad

NO TROLLS Clarkson signs on as new North Melbourne coach - No Trolling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back