Clarkson vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread is completely hilarious.

Everyone with any interest is AFL loses their shit every week that the game has lost its way.

Best coach of the modern era offers some theories on why the game might be ****** and everyone dismisses this as nothing more than coach sooking.

I will say two things about this;

1/ Hawks play an extra back week and week out and have no marking forwards so quite frankly they deserve to get destroyed every time the ball comes in high. But;

2/ Shepparding is a real problem and it is a blight in the game. Consider this, the last recognised gun pack marking key forward to play in a premiership was Cloke, before him maybe Hawkins (if he is a pack marking forward and if he is a gun) and before that Hall. That is three since the Brisbane Lions. So there are either no good tall forwards anymore or there is a problem.
Hes not offering theories about how the game could be better. He is having a whinge about being beaten at his own game.

You really think he does things for the great good of the game. He does things to get his side an advantage.

It will no doubt be a Hawks free kick fest for the rest of the season.

You cant defend this stupidity because his players do the exact same things and block players on the mark aswell which is highly dubious. Its about time umpires called a 50 for them being in the protected area.

Poor old Hawks hey. Play GFs against interstate sides on their home ground. Who gets away with Blue murder.

Cry me a river Clarko

I reckon it’s amusing that Longmire has an issue with Clarkson having a meeting with Gil.

Did he write about this in his weekly missive to the Umpire department that everyone has heard about?

I'm fine with him commenting. He has a lot to offer. He's just gone about it the wrong way.

That's sort of what I was trying to get at. He's been doing it a little more this season which isn't a good look. Your blokes took their chances (particularly Ronke) when the chances came, that's what counts. There's nothing more he could've done from a coaching standpoint. If we had won I doubt he would've said anything.

Everyone with any interest is AFL loses their shit every week that the game has lost its way.

Best coach of the modern era offers some theories on why the game might be ****** and everyone dismisses this as nothing more than coach sooking.

1/ Hawks play an extra back week and week out and have no marking forwards so quite frankly they deserve to get destroyed every time the ball comes in high. But;

2/ Shepparding is a real problem and it is a blight in the game. Consider this, the last recognised gun pack marking key forward to play in a premiership was Cloke, before him maybe Hawkins (if he is a pack marking forward and if he is a gun) and before that Hall. That is three since the Brisbane Lions. So there are either no good tall forwards anymore or there is a problem.

Agree on point 2. The amount of blocking that goes on is a joke. No excuse for it not to be paid more often with three umps out there

Funny.

Don't mention them at all. If you have an issue interpretation go through the right channels. He's only hurt himself here.
The press conference on Saturday wasn't the right channel. But people are here slamming him about going to the boss of the AFL. I would guess most coaches would be contacting the AFL at some point about some issue, this one was just made public.

Seriously - how many Hawthorn fans are completely missing the point of the discussion? Or are intentionally trying to divert it?

This is not about congestion of the game. There are so many other places that is discussed.

This is about Clarko being given so much more leeway than other coaches (IMO) in his complaints about the game and the umpiring, and in John Longmuires opinion (and mine) being given special treatment in having a, what sounds very unusual, private meeting with the CEO of the AFL first thing monday morning.

If you have an argument against Longmuire complaining - make it.
If you think Clarko is fine in the comments he's made, and the way he has made them, and dont see anything unusual in the meeting he had with Gil - then argue those things. (As a number of other Hawthorn fans have)
If you dont think Clarko is treated any differently, or even if you think he is but deserves to be - then argue that.

This is not the thread to be arguing about the congestion in the game.

Anyone think its suspicious that they had the meeting in a public place?

That's sort of what I was trying to get at. He's been doing it a little more this season which isn't a good look. Your blokes took their chances (particularly Ronke) when the chances came, that's what counts. There's nothing more he could've done from a coaching standpoint. If we had won I doubt he would've said anything.
He didn't the last three games the Hawks won against us.

If Longmire had said and done what Clarkson has then I'd expect Hawks fans to be furious and I wouldn't blame them.

Oh please. This is just typical Clarko trying to disguise his whinging. yet it's still pretty blatant to all except the most one-eyed Hawk fans who refuse to see it for what it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The press conference on Saturday wasn't the right channel. But people are here slamming him about going to the boss of the AFL. I would guess most coaches would be contacting the AFL at some point about some issue, this one was just made public.

I think he definitely has the right to do that.
But Gil has the responsibility to treat that request the same as he would from other coaches - and I am sure that there are more official pathways through which that can be channeled for meetings to be arranged.

It is unusual to me the timing and location of that meeting. I feel like most meetings between coaches and Gil (which I'm sure occur) would appear much more official, and in a more routine manner, than a private breakfast meeting first thing monday morning.

Oh please. This is just typical Clarko trying to disguise his whinging. yet it's still pretty blatant to all except the most one-eyed Hawk fans who refuse to see it for what it is.
It certainly looks that way.

Should have kept quiet in the presser & met privately with Gil if he has concerns.

Comes across as a sore loser the way he has gone about it.

First:
He gives an example where a free is paid to Sydney in the backline for a block, then the example when roughy gets blocked and no free kick. Which could be a 2 goal turn around. Then they show the smith example of smith and should've been a free to the swans I can admit that, thought on the night we got away with one. So therefore it would mean the grundy on roughy should've been a free, because its the correct call. I hope umpires don't think gee I missed one there better let them get away with one because that isn't the right way to go about. More umpires on the field may the best option to help with getting the wrong decisions correct and actually paying deserved free kicks that aren't always paid.

All Clarko and the fans want is consistency with calls. Is that too much to ask? I don't care if the call goes against or for us, if they are consistent for both teams I am happy. But when or if not the AFL is in major trouble.

Do you disagree or agree seeing that you linked me the video.

We block for our defender's quite a lot too. Will be interesting watching how this pans out.

Does seem like there is one rule for Clarkson and one rule for every other coach when it comes to the umpiring and adjudication of the game.
Really? If that were the case he wouldn’t be sooking!

I think he definitely has the right to do that.

It is unusual to me the timing and location of that meeting. I feel like most meetings between coaches and Gil (which I'm sure occur) would appear much more official, and in a more routine manner, than a private breakfast meeting first thing monday morning.
Or potentially that was the only time they could catch up. It may also have been a 5 minute part of 40 minute conversation

I think it is a more interesting question about McLachlin's judgement here about meeting a coach out of office like that

Complete BS. Coaches aren’t contacting the CEO of the AFL and demanding a personal hearing on the injustice of the umpiring on the weekend. I actually don’t blame clarko it’s Gil’s fault for agreeing to do it instead of referring him to Hocking. Even then, the opportunity should be extended to all other senior afl coaches if clarko gets to have a personal hearing.

Seriously - how many Hawthorn fans are completely missing the point of the discussion? Or are intentionally trying to divert it?

This is not about congestion of the game. There are so many other places that is discussed.

This is about Clarko being given so much more leeway than other coaches

You mean for example how Chris Scott has publicly commented before, during and after the last 3 Geelong MRP incidents?

Clarko's fault as well?

Get your hand off it!

I suspect the channel might be umpiring department if it's about interpretation? Not sure a private meeting with the CEO is first port of call

Lol at a bullflog supporters suggesting someone get over the umpiring and focus on their own side The #freekickbulldogs and#freekickhawks memes didn't just appear ut of nowhere, neutral supporters agree that 2016 was the worst officiating in a granny in living memory

+26 is our biggest differential, well argued Sir.
Ours came out of jealousy.
Don't even compare us to the +112 flogs!
Facht Rafa!

Complete BS. Coaches aren’t contacting the CEO of the AFL and demanding a personal hearing on the injustice of the umpiring on the weekend. I actually don’t blame clarko it’s Gil’s fault for agreeing to do it instead of referring him to Hocking. Even then, the opportunity should be extended to all other senior afl coaches if clarko gets to have a personal hearing.

And you know other coaches have not met with Gil how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back