Clarkson vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very little in the thread regarding Clarkson point on the non free kicks in the goal square. To me that was the defining statement. It’s been going on since the 90s, a free kick around the ground isn’t the same as one in the goal square. It really is an embarrassing aspect of our game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No, the funniest part is watching your hysteria and hyperbole gradually escalate throughout the thread to the point where you've convinced yourself that Clarkson has uncovered a conspiracy going back 3 decades.
No, the funniest part of the thread was watching SBD Gonzalez suffer yet another Main Board meltdown. It was also funny to see him give 'likes' to every post that was pro-Sydney, anti-Clarkson. Oh Lordy... Bring out the gimp! :$:$:$

They were my only hysterics. Me laughing at SBD's melts. I love threads like these where opposition fans get riled up about Hawthorn players or coaches. I've enjoyed posting in this thread and talking footy with the Swans fans.

And I never said Clarko uncovered the conspiracy from 3 decades ago. Reading comprehension fail.
That's MY CONSPIRACY THEORY from following the game! And it's all true...

Rod Carter... Andrew Dunkley... the Tunnel brothers, Leo Barry and Craig Bolton... and now Grundy & Rampe... they all get a free pass from umpires... the normal rules don't apply...

Last edited:
Very little in the thread regarding Clarkson point on the non free kicks in the goal square. To me that was the defining statement. It’s been going on since the 90s, a free kick around the ground isn’t the same as one in the goal square. It really is an embarrassing aspect of our game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Plenty of frees are paid close to goal (to the attacking side). Usually only when a transgression has actually taken place (though not always - sometimes umpires imagine illegal contact that isn't there). It's unusual for so much discussion to be generated about a non-transgression that wasn't penalised.

This has been a Hawks campaign for a few years now.

Dunstall and Brereton constantly make snarky comments about ‘big Reg’, always implying he is breaking the rules.

I'm talking about a coach leaping on national television to accuse them of "getting away with stuff" if that's the technical term you'd prefer, when Blind Freddie can see that his own players do it too. Completely crossed the line of decency, paints himself as either a hypocrite, or a sore loser (kind of the same when you analyse it) and I would expect something a lot classier from such a well-regarded coach.
How can you accuse a team of "getting away with stuff" though? Teams don't umpire themselves. Surely you can see those terms aren't synonymous?

Are you suggesting that Horse is lying to the media? Why would he?
If you believe a coach wouldn't lie to the media then I have a bag of magic beans I'd like to sell to you.

How can you accuse a team of "getting away with stuff" though? Teams don't umpire themselves. Surely you can see those terms aren't synonymous?

If you believe a coach wouldn't lie to the media then I have a bag of magic beans I'd like to sell to you.
I'wasn't talking about 'coaches', I was talking about Longmire. He's pretty good at saying nothing to the media and therefore doesn't have to resort to lying. If you have evidence to the contrary, feel free to present it.

I'wasn't talking about 'coaches', I was talking about Longmire. He's pretty good at saying nothing to the media and therefore doesn't have to resort to lying. If you have evidence to the contrary, feel free to present it.
So you're happy to agree that coaches lie to the media, but Horse (who is a coach himself) is completely honest all the time? Again, magic beans ... I'll give you a good price.

Been caught up with work all day

Can someone advise if Clarko whining has entered a 5th day?

I have a powerpoint presentation we can look at over breakfast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're happy to agree that coaches lie to the media, but Horse (who is a coach himself) is completely honest all the time? Again, magic beans ... I'll give you a good price.
I think the poster is saying Horse is well-known for refusing to broach a topic he doesn’t feel is appropriate for discussion on national television. He just gives a blank look and says “yeah.. umm, dunno, I’d have to see the footage” and then back to the blank look. A lot of people could learn from that.

How can you accuse a team of "getting away with stuff" though? Teams don't umpire themselves. Surely you can see those terms aren't synonymous?.
Not sure which terms you’re referring to as synonymous, but as to your question about teams “umpiring” themselves, no, of course not, but there’s no denying that teams develop a group mentality. It’s what separates champion teams from also-rams, for starters. So though I hotly deny Clarkson’s accusation that Sydney “gets away with blue murder”, there’s nothing intrinsically impossible about what he’s claiming.

Lot of Hawks fans feeling a bit sheepish about Clarkos behaviour.

Clarko is living in a bubble. No surprise considering the constant daily reinforcement from the Hawthorn club, doe-eyed adoring Hawks fans and players.

Clarko and Horse great mates I reckon they are playing a game of chess while strategically manipulating the AFL and how the game should be run. Calling it first Hawks v Swans grand final and then the gloves are off!

Clarko and Horse great mates I reckon they are playing a game of chess while strategically manipulating the AFL and how the game should be run. Calling it first Hawks v Swans grand final and then the gloves are off!
Deal me in

You might disagree with his methods but he gets results

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/cc76fd83c4da1db9b273ae77fa8907e9

Not that it matters one iota but it seemed to me Clarkson was highlighting the inconsistency in the application of the rules albeit with maybe a little much emotion.

Hmmm I’m afraid he doesn’t have as much clout as people would like to imagine but it was quality click bait heading and first paragraph - if only energy had been expended on reading further

“But despite Monday’s meeting between Clarkson and McLachlan, the Hawks coach had no influence over the email that was sent out on Tuesday.”

You have to wonder which mischievous reporter put in a call to Johnny so early

I'm talking about a coach leaping on national television to accuse them of "getting away with stuff"

This could be just a slight over reaction - it was a press conference that he’s obligated to attend. He wasn’t driving a tank or barricading the entrance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back