Classic Wrestling Thread (60s 70s 80s 90s 00s)

Remove this Banner Ad

yes, Leaping Larry L hosting nights at Collingwood (I think it was?)

EDIT: yes, Prince Patrick Hotel

Laz “Dr” D was the man behind it. LLL, James the Hound Dog and Dennis Twilight would attend, but Laz was the man behind it. They were in a variety of venues over the years, but the Price Pats was the main one. Laz would “trade” tapes, I started in around 89, the Flair Steamboat Clash in New Orleans was the first show I got.

They showed a NWA match a couple of times on WWOS, and the local video store had AWA Superclash 3. That’s about it from my childhood, guessing we’re roughly the same age?
Born in 75.

I would always be annoyed reading those magazines and seeing my beloved Hulkster as only the number two rated wrestler in the world after a guy named Ric Flair who I'd only seen photos of😁

The ep of Superstars on foxtel today (13/2/93) was Shawn Michaels' very first tv entrance with his own Sexy Boy vocals over the top of the original Sherri track.
Vince on commentary hints at it during his entrance, but it goes over everyone else's head pretty much.

The ep of Superstars on foxtel today (13/2/93) was Shawn Michaels' very first tv entrance with his own Sexy Boy vocals over the top of the original Sherri track.
Vince on commentary hints at it during his entrance, but it goes over everyone else's head pretty much.
Put all the horrible stuff about Vince to the side for a minute, he was underrated on commentary in the 90s

Classic Wrestling Thread (60s 70s 80s 90s 00s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back