Recommitted Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030] - clubs are interested, Melbourne willing for the right price

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep it's crazy it will be like Pies trading Nick Daicos

No way you guys are letting go Oliver
Breaking News: Nick Daicos insists on a trade after his brother steals his girlfriend. In a statement made by Nick he says " I will never play with that flog again" insisting on a trade to West Coast or he is entering the preseason draft.

When was the last time a player of his level (top 5 player in the league) in his prime that was contracted for 6 more years requested a trade though?

Would be surely completely unprecedented.

Well it wasn't quite at the same level obviously. But Papley was contracted for 4 years and we would have traded him, if it wasn't for Dodoro saving us from ourselves.

IF, and that is a massive if, Oliver was to request a trade. I'd be surprised if Melbourne just refused to even listen to offers.

Fanciful talk.
He's signed up for the long haul until 2030 and the only way it could possibly work is if a club out there had a gun forward as part of the package because this year illustrated Melbourne's midfield can manage quite fine without Oliver but they cannot function without an elite key forward.

Fanciful talk.
He's signed up for the long haul until 2030 and the only way it could possibly work is if a club out there had a gun forward as part of the package because this year illustrated Melbourne's midfield can manage quite fine without Oliver but they cannot function without an elite key forward.

May I present Top-10 drafted KPF Sam Weideman!

May I present Top-10 drafted KPF Sam Weideman!
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Similar output to Paddy Dow on 100x the money.

Pass.

There is no feasible reason for Melbourne in a premiership window to let a top 5 player in the comp who is contracted through to 2030 go.

Yes there is, he cant kick and we have enough of those sorts of players. Make us an offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean s**t, what would the Dees want?

Can imagine he’d cost a king’s ransom, if he’s even available
Whatever Judd cost

You're talking top 3 pick, a top 5 in their draft KPP with a couple of years of development under the belt, and an early 2nd rounder.

Clarry is worth as much as Judd was, whilst Judd was a little younger and better, he was also very hampered by injury when traded to the Blues. Clarry has had one bad hammy, and no real other concerns. He'll play for years longer than Judd did, touch wood and is very much a similar player.

But conjecture is pointless, he isn't getting traded anywhere! If Melbourne were to do this, they'd ABSOLUTELY get whatever they wanted back.

Refer to my previous offer would Melbourne take that?

I like Logan and first round picks but not sure thats enough (particularly future firsts highly likely outside the top 10), would think it would need to be a something better than that.... straight swap for Gulden works. :)

I would love him so much, but we don't have much of use to give other than 12, maybe 13/19 and a future 1st.

Would Dees fans consider King for Oliver? Probably with a bit more going back to the Dees. Would love to get involved in a three way trade like that!

They would be all over that considering they tried to get up to get Humphrey last year with a couple first round picks.
I still think the Suns would lose that trade from a list management position but that is the value required for Clayton Oliver. It's not going to happen though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030] - clubs are interested, Melbourne willing for the right price

Remove this Banner Ad

Back