Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Why ?

I agree it's no good based on the year he just had, but it's no problem if he's playing at his best.

Can het get back to his best at 27 ? He will if he has the summer of all summers.

He's a 4 time best & fairest and a three time All Australian, so it's not as though he hasn't previously demonstated the required commitment to his craft.
Seriously? Why? It is comfortably currently the worst contract in the AFL and I challenge you to give me one anywhere near it.

Why ?

I agree it's no good based on the year he just had, but it's no problem if he's playing at his best.

Can het get back to his best at 27 ? He will if he has the summer of all summers.

He's a 4 time best & fairest and a three time All Australian, so it's not as though he hasn't previously demonstated the required commitment to his craft.

Because if he doesn't get back to his best it's 6 years on a mil a year. That contract is so long (Bowes was much less length) that you can't smooth it out for further years and no other club would take it on if he plays how he did this year. So it's a huge risk and any trade would have to reflect that.

Seriously? Why? It is comfortably currently the worst contract in the AFL and I challenge you to give me one anywhere near it.
What ? Have you suddenly forgotten his career ?

And of course other contracts in the AFL will be matching and exceeding it in the not too distant future under the new CBA agreement.

And why do you care about other club's business ?

And of course other contracts in the AFL will be matching and exceeding it in the not too distant future under the new CBA agreement.
I swear I remembered you as being reasonable. I'm not going to argue with you, to pretend it's anything but currently a horrible contract is one of the most remarkable heads in sands thing I've ever read on here.
I enjoy discussing footy trades on the discussion site for football where it has this specific section for trades. It's not rocket science.

Surely Melbourne are the ones giving up draft picks if the new club takes in even most of that contract.

Any club would be mad to offer him more than 4x $700k with his risks and cultural issues if he came for free.
Nah mate, he was good before last year, not an issue. 2 1sts for Clarry

Surely Melbourne are the ones giving up draft picks if the new club takes in even most of that contract.

Any club would be mad to offer him more than 4x $700k with his risks and cultural issues if he came for free.
Of course this makes sense.

Melbourne are so desperate to get rid of his salary even though no-one of note wants to presently come to them.

Let's free up some space to fit nobody in.

And let's give away valuable draft picks in a great draft to do so.

Brilliant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I swear I remembered you as being reasonable. I'm not going to argue with you, to pretend it's anything but currently a horrible contract is one of the most remarkable heads in sands thing I've ever read on here.

I enjoy discussing footy trades on the discussion site for football where it has this specific section for trades. It's not rocket science.
The contract runs to 2030.

What looks poor today may seem inspired tomorrow.

Try not to live in a bubble.

The fact it goes to 2030 is precisely the problem...
Not if he plays like the 4 times B&F and 3 times AA it's not.

I was rapt when the contract was originally announced. If he has a year like this year in 2025 I'll be fuming, but I'll give the dumb %$^# the benefit of the doubt to get back on track.

Not if he plays like the 4 times B&F and 3 times AA it's not.

I was rapt when the contract was originally announced. If he has a year like this year in 2025 I'll be fuming, but I'll give the dumb %$^# the benefit of the doubt to get back on track.
Sure and I would fully agree the absolute best thing is to keep him and hope he figures it out because currently there is no value in trading him unless:
A) He's a locker room cancer
B) The club wants to spend the money elsewhere
C) Trac said he needs to go

If he's traded this year it will be for nothing because tha contract is currently (value can be rehabbing, or lost further...) an albatross and the worst in the AFL...

No one has forgotten his career, but it means little when you are a basket case with a drug problem and poor form.

It's a massive risk for any club to take that contract on, even more so to give up decent draft currency.

Why ?

Didn't it go up to $1.3m with indexing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Clayton Oliver [UFA 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back